+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: 4/8 and 4/9 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 4/8 and 4/9 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    The fall season had 16 contestants and this one went back to 12 so that may be why it seemed to go by quicker.

One more night of auditions and then on to the battle rounds. For any that aren't aware I read that that Lady Antebellum's Hillary Scott will be the mentor for Team Adam. She and Adam Levine previously collaborated on the song "Out of Goodbyes," which appeared on Maroon 5's third studio album, Hands All Over.

Team Blake has enlisted the services of Sheryl Crow, while Team Usher will have Pharrell Williams, and Team Shakira is joined by Good Charlotte's Joel Madden - who is himself a coach on the Australian version of The Voice.

I just read an article that said Xtina and CeeLo were coming back for Season 5. I hope that turns out to be untrue as as I am loving the addition of Shakira and Usher to the already fantastic IMO Blake and Adam. I wonder how that will go over since there seems to be a lot of positive feed back on Usher and Shakira.
    Ahh, you are so right, Jaceegirl. I had forgotten that last season had 16 team members. Thanks so much for your fun facts too. I love trivia! I had heard Hillary mention that she didn't make it thru on AI. SUCKAS!!!! Then again, LA Reid turned down Lady Gaga. That's the thing about the music industry, it's always about timing. Nowadays with all the manufactured talent, I'm sure it's even harder to find the talent. It's almost like being psychic.

I liked the last girl who performed tonight, great personality to go with a good voice.

Blake made a mistake tonight. While the girl he chose sounded good at the beginning, she sounded worse as she kept singing. I know he wanted that country girl, so we will have to watch to see if he steals her from Adam. It's a 50/50 tho, depends on how she performs next time.

So excited for Battle Rounds. (never thought I'd say that)

$h!tz gettin' real!

You think this is funny? Ooooh Usher! I can't wait!
    mindy384 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

So far I really like Shakira and Usher. They seem to be enjoying the show and taking their jobs seriously. I'll reserve final judgment until we see the mentoring side of things. I never liked Christina or Ceelo as mentors. I read numerous reports that CHristina didn't take any time with the contestants and that Ceelo made them do what he wanted to do regardless of the performer's opinion.

They can stay home for all I care.
    CrazyDutchWoman and Babbred like this.

Do any of you think that the judges put some people on their team who aren't that great, just so they don't have to eliminate all great singers in the knockout rounds? I just don't get why they pick some of the ones they picked.

I was excited that the last contestant that Shakira picked is from NC. That's my homestate, so I guess I should root for him. He's not one the best singers, but he seemed super nice and has a lot of potential. He's the one that grew up singing in black choirs and has done some extensive background singing since moving to LA.

I'll be the first to defend Xtina when it comes to vocal talent and judging (I always appreciated her honesty and the way she didn't swoon over every single person that crossed the stage) BUT shakira and Usher are just far more entertaining and as a judging unit this season they all just "mesh" so well! I think Usher and Shakira are going to bring a ton of good performances to the stage by way of their performers and I am excited to watch the passion and new approaches they bring to my screen!

Oh..CeeLo...boring and useless as I am not impressed by feathers, crazy lights and grown men waddling around the stage dressed like peacocks.
    Duckyface likes this.

The preview showed a rather stern Usher. I suspect the new judges are going to be rather demanding. Being critical of another coach's singers could come back to bite you since, the voters could penalize your team if they don't agree. Still, I don't enjoy seeing singers with serious issues coddled.

What do you think of the girl that Blake picked that sang These Boots Are Made For Walking? I'm still scratching my head on that one. She reminded me of June Carter and Jeannie C. Riley. (Riley did Harper Valley PTA. many years ago and was really talented.)

Pharrel???? Yes! I liked one guy that I wanted on Adam's team. Christian Porter who sang, Sexy and I know it. Turns out a lot of people on youtube are angry and are saying that he stole the arrangement from someone else. If you search on youtube for Noah and sexy and I know it, you will find it. When I listened to that Noah I was amazed by the way.

Not really anyone I really really liked yet.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm sorry but I didn't like Cameron and was glad he wasn't picked.

I loved Sasha and liked Michael.

Interesting...the only blind audition to be in the top 200 on iTunes is Caroline Glazer's version of "Tiny Dancer".

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Sheryl Crow with Blake
    Hillary Scott with Adam
    Joel Madden with Shakira
    Pharrell Williams with Usher
    I'll reserve judgment and comment until I see them in action. Sometimes I'm confused as to why certain people are chosen to help coach a vocalist. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    Interesting...the only blind audition to be in the top 200 on iTunes is Caroline Glazer's version of "Tiny Dancer".
    I just read that 17 year old Savannah Berry's (believe she was week 4) version of "Safe and Sound" is on Billboards at #50 Hot Country Songs. I don't know anything about how these charts work and if country is in another category or not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213