+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 4/1 and 4/2 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

Re: 4/1 and 4/2 The Voice 4 Blind Auditions **west coast spoilers**

Little late to the party as my DVR just finished up. I have to say I am loving the chemistry between these 4 judges This is definitely my favorite season so far....and it's because of Adam, Blake, Usher and Shakira. I literally laughed out loud at some of the banter. They've got a really nice balance of boosting themselves and talking smack about each other without crossing the line of coming off as arrogant or mean. You can just tell they respect and like each other. I'm enjoying watching them react with each other and "fight" over the singers just as much as the singers themselves. Maybe moreso in some cases.........
    BTW, Uncle David, Babbred and 1 others like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Orlando Dixon came up next. Usher turned around at the very end.

Am I the only one that feels like when this happens, the coaches are thinking they could use these singers as easy eliminations later on?
    I am with you on this. They know that they have expendible singers in the elimination rounds. They are under pressure to choose a good team, look good for their image, and work with the judge dynamic. There is a lot going on in their heads. And some heart is in there, as well. The choosing process is much more serious in the begining. When they feel they have two or more that could win they relax a bit. Adam felt he was sitting pretty early on as was Blake.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, me too. Seriously, I am not just being playful here. I want this man!
    Well get in line Shoepie. Here I saved the spot behind me for you. LOL.

I did like both of the long haired guys but no one else stood out tonight.

I wish Shakira would stop with the Well, you might want to pick Blake or Adam stuff. That doesn't really bolster her argument for getting someone on her team.

My heart is happy too and I finally love Monday/Tuesday. Love Blake's hearty laugh!
    Shoepie and Jaceegirl like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    There are so many Latin singers this year! Is that because Shakira is a coach?
    I was thinking the same thing as I was watching the show, like they are coming out in groves. They probably think they have a better chance with Shakira.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Savannah chooses Blake. Of course.

at his tweet "wait does this make me a parent?"
    Don't all these country contestants know that they'll probably be competing against each other in the second round? They all will, but they won't be as "unique" since they are in the same genre.
    jucamer likes this.

Love, LOVE the chemistry between these four! Previous seasons it seemed Blake and Adam had fun, everyone walked on eggshells around Christina and Ceelo was just a lump....ok a lecherous lump.
    This season? Shakira (aka "shackera"! lol) is just so funny and genuine (and I've loved her music for years). Usher is hysterical and fits right into the boys club, plus he can laugh at himself - something Ceelo and Christina could not and would never do!

Really hope it continues and they never, ever bring back those other two!!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

You know what would have been hysterical on April Fools Day? To have Adele go onstage as a contestant to sing an Adele song. Since all the coaches have been turning away contestants singing her songs, when the first bars of Rolling In The Deep start, the cameras show all of them grimacing. What would happen when she started singing? This would have been delicious. Pure fantasy, of course, but fun to imagine.

I, too, am enjoying the coach interaction this season; so much fun. Battle Rounds are going to be excruciating, but Shakira did mention the steal, so it might be in play again.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    You know what would have been hysterical on April Fools Day? To have Adele go onstage as a contestant to sing an Adele song. Since all the coaches have been turning away contestants singing her songs, when the first bars of Rolling In The Deep start, the cameras show all of them grimacing. What would happen when she started singing? This would have been delicious. Pure fantasy, of course, but fun to imagine.

I, too, am enjoying the coach interaction this season; so much fun. Battle Rounds are going to be excruciating, but Shakira did mention the steal, so it might be in play again.

That would have been epic!

I often wish they would send some big time folks on stage to see if they would turn around--both the awesome folks (like Adele, bruno mars) and then many of the "singers" who have made it that really aren't that vocally talented (katy perry, miley cyrus, taylor swift, etc...)--now, that would be EPIC!

I also wonder if they would turn around for Adele since they would instantly feel like she "sounded like Adele."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

Oh my god, what a fabulous idea! That would have been so much fun to watch.
    football_chick and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread