+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    A lot of musical artists, have started their careers in a band, a whole lot bigger than Hey Monday, which I personally have never heard of. Paul McCartney, Gwen Stefani, Beyonce, come to mind....should Cassadee be penalized because she was in a band prior to The Voice.

These final 3 are decent. They will probably get recording contracts. And if they are good, they may end up selling more records than the winner of The Voice.

I happen to like Cassadee. I like her voice and the songs she has sang. I like Terry and Nicholas too, but I probably wouldn't buy their music.

Everybody has their own personal taste in music. That's no reason to put down other artists.

Sorry for the rant...I'm still just really sad about what happened on Friday, and some of the negative and snarky comments, just seems so trivial and unnecessary.

Good luck to them all!
    But totally allowed, per our rules.
    Babbred and JohnnyK like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Is she singing for votes? We all know she isn't going to be a country singer yet she has sang a couple of them now. I prefer folks stick with who they are like Terry and Nicholas.

Edited to add: of course she's singing for votes but is she trying to get the country vote?
    She maybe trying to get the country vote but she isnt getting mine,
    Allie and JohnnyK like this.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    According to their wikis - Javier is acoustic soul and Jermaine is R&B. I really want The Voice to have someone become a breakout winner American Idol style. Sadly, I haven't heard a whole lot about these 2.
    This is why Cassadee got the pimp spot tonight--TPTB probably see her as the only winner who can reach the pop charts and become a recognizable winner for the show. I often say American Idol hit the jackpot its first season with Kelly and then it gained some serious steam with Carrie. Both won in early seasons and really gave the franchise a legitimate claim to fame. So far The Voice has been entertaining but hasn't produced any breakout artists with staying power...and I presume they believe Cassadee could be that horse.
    That said, I think she will only gain that notoriety if she stays in the country/pop realm immediately after the show...it's hard to top the pop charts but when you combine the power of country and pop to become a crossover artist then you can achieve that needed traction (from 2 genre demos) for some serious success (see Taylor Swift, Kelly, Carrie, Miley, etc...).
    souljourney likes this.

Cassadee is not just pandering, she's getting pimped. Notice the convenient mention of her singing Blake's song and hitting #1 on Itunes. And of course, getting to go last again. Sadly, I think she's going to win. I have nothing against her personally, but I would rather a unique singer like Terry or Nicholas win. Once again tonight, I didn't hear anything other than a typical pop/country performance out of Cassadee.

"Funky Music" had to be one of my favorite performances of the entire season! I wanted to jump out there and dance with all three of them!

My hope is that the AI curse strikes here. IOW, the runners-up go on to be bigger stars than the winner.

(We've certainly seen it strike on The Voice already. Congratulations to Chris Mann! I loved him. So, let's see. He got to sing in the White House. And who won last season? )
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think Terry will win. I would love to pick him him up, and pop him in 'me' pocket.

I dont get the love for Cassadee, her first song was pitchy imho, she has a good voice but for me, not a great voice.

Terry for the win, and if he doesn't- he will have a lot of fans leave the show when he does
    Allie and Babbred like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think they all did a great job tonight. Every one of them deserves to win, IMO, for different reasons. I can see all three of them having nice careers after the show. It's so hard to say who's better because they're all so different.

CeeLo and Nicholas doing "Play That Funky Music" was worth the price of admission.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The Voice may not have a break out star who was a winner but they do have a break out star in Chris Mann. The guy is awesome and I believe that the only reason he did not win was because Christina was his coach. I feel that a lot of (younger) people vote more for the coaches than the actual singers. I am hoping that Blakes fans vote for Terry over Cassadee because she just does nothing for me. When she comes on I have to go to another room because my ears think they are hearing cats fighting. I think that Nick has the best "voice" of the 3 but I feel that because of his look he will not get the votes needed to win.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

I thought that the song Cassadee did with Blake was not the best for her voice. It was pitchy throughout and usually her voice is steady and in key.
    I loved Nicholas and CeeLo.
    I think Terry has a good voice, but I find him really bland for a rock star.
    I'm tired of Cassadee being pimped out on this show. She has a nice voice, but again, it's fairly monotone for me.

What happened on Friday that everybody keeps mentioning about Cassadee on here?
    Uncle David likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Based solely on tonight's show I believe Nicholas deserves the win. Terry choked at the beginning of one of his songs and Cassadee sang in about three different keys at the beginning of the duet with Blake. Only Nicholas was flawless. Oh yeah, and Nicholas happens to be my favorite.
    norealityhere, Babbred and JohnnyK like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

I'd be happy with either of the guys.

Before tonight I would have thought Nicholas was finishing in third and the title was between Team Blake.

But now, who knows.
    Uncle David and Allie like this.

+ Reply to Thread