+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Maybe. It's known that country fans are the strongest voters on these shows. Ugh, what a ploy. I hope they won't fall for it and she loses.
    She already has her pop voters even before she got on the show. This is getting the Blake fans to vote for her (over Terry who is rock). I really do believe she will win. I will vote my heart out for Terry regardless.
    Babbred and JohnnyK like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Rock is better than pop.

What did Javier Colon and Jermaine Paul count as?

A lot of musical artists, have started their careers in a band, a whole lot bigger than Hey Monday, which I personally have never heard of. Paul McCartney, Gwen Stefani, Beyonce, come to mind....should Cassadee be penalized because she was in a band prior to The Voice.

These final 3 are decent. They will probably get recording contracts. And if they are good, they may end up selling more records than the winner of The Voice.

I happen to like Cassadee. I like her voice and the songs she has sang. I like Terry and Nicholas too, but I probably wouldn't buy their music.

Everybody has their own personal taste in music. That's no reason to put down other artists.

Sorry for the rant...I'm still just really sad about what happened on Friday, and some of the negative and snarky comments, just seems so trivial and unnecessary.

Good luck to them all!
    mandmmom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    A lot of musical artists, have started their careers in a band, a whole lot bigger than Hey Monday, which I personally have never heard of. Paul McCartney, Gwen Stefani, Beyonce, come to mind....should Cassadee be penalized because she was in a band prior to The Voice.

These final 3 are decent. They will probably get recording contracts. And if they are good, they may end up selling more records than the winner of The Voice.

I happen to like Cassadee. I like her voice and the songs she has sang. I like Terry and Nicholas too, but I probably wouldn't buy their music.

Everybody has their own personal taste in music. That's no reason to put down other artists.

Sorry for the rant...I'm still just really sad about what happened on Friday, and some of the negative and snarky comments, just seems so trivial and unnecessary.

Good luck to them all!
    I hope that didn't come across as putting her down when I talked about her fans she already had and that the song choice was to get the Blake fans. That is just a strategy that works for her and Blake as her coach sees that. I don't like her voice, but I have said that I believe she will be successful after the show.

I happen to think Cassadee is the best and a win by her would be deserved. Sure the others are good but I don't connect with them or their music. But hopefully they all go on to be successful.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I happen to think Cassadee is the best and a win by her would be deserved. Sure the others are good but I don't connect with them or their music. But hopefully they all go on to be successful.
    How about they go 1-2-3 on the iTunes chart? I won't even mention who I would want for No. 1! ;-)

FORT Fan

I voted for Terry online a few times through facebook. I am rooting for him. I love a good underdog story.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post

Good luck to them all!
    FORT is a place where we can express our opinions, without criticism. As you said, we all have our personal tastes and Cassadee is not mine therefore I may rip on her choice of outfit or song choice or accuse her of "buying" votes. While I am saddened about what happened on Friday it has nothing to do with my feelings about any of the contestants nor should anyone be made to feel that they can't express any negativity about someone else.
    Last edited by football_chick; 12-17-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Oh Voice, I watch to be entertained and smile, not starting off with tears. That opening number was heartfelt and beautiful.

Thank goodness for the CeeLo mini-me! OMG! Hysterical.

I really loved Nick's first number. Good Golly! Great Balls of Fire! He's so awesome!!

Wow Terry sings Mr. Mister. It was a-ight. So glad that he got to see his father. Many moons ago, I won a contest and got to fly to LA to meet Mr. Mister so hearing that song brought back some great memories.

Cassadee singing Faith Hill? I thought it was gonna be a disaster, but it wasn't bad.

I didn't like this format of reprising "a moment". I wanted new material dammit!!

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    Is she singing for votes? We all know she isn't going to be a country singer yet she has sang a couple of them now. I prefer folks stick with who they are like Terry and Nicholas.

Edited to add: of course she's singing for votes but is she trying to get the country vote?
    It's called pandering to Blake's country fans. Guess we'll have to see how it works out for her in the future.

GOOOOOOOOOOOO Terry and Nicholas!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    football_chick and Babbred like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Rock is better than pop.

What did Javier Colon and Jermaine Paul count as?
    According to their wikis - Javier is acoustic soul and Jermaine is R&B. I really want The Voice to have someone become a breakout winner American Idol style. Sadly, I haven't heard a whole lot about these 2.
    JohnnyK likes this.

+ Reply to Thread