+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Oh yes, I like this "world" you speak of. Is Terricus, along with winning the Voice, running for president in it?
    He's already won. Even his competition voted for him! :-)
    JohnnyK and Jaceegirl like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl
    I think it would be a great song for him Johnny!!! One song he did not sing that I was surprised was "Imagine" by John Lennon. It is listed on the The Voice site bio as his favorite song.
    Imagine is one of my all times fave songs, if Terry would have sung it and nailed it, I may have swooned. I wonder if he has done it before--gonna go on a hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl
    It was interesting to note that "Let it Be" was performed by Fifth Harmony tonight and "Hallelujah" was performed by Carly Rose on the X Factor. I never understood with all the songs out there why that happens and yet, I have seen that before when two singing competitions are going on at the same time. I even hear the same songs repeated in different years on AI as well and always wonder why they do it?
    How did they compare to what you heard on The Voice? I heard that Carly sang Imagine and that she didn't do so well with it, changing it up too much. That would be blasphemy in my books!

What I don't understand is why people on these shows do a song that was done really, really well on a previous season knowing that they will be directly compared with. Unless you do something totally different and knock it out of the park it seems like a really dumb thing to do. It drives me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred
    In my world, Terry and Nicholas haven't won--they're performing at the White House. Michelle Obama is dancing with Nicholas and his "Funky White Boy" music. She's also thoroughly embarrassing her daughters. And the President is trying to explain who "Journey" is to them. (Bet Sasha and Malia become fans once they know.)
    Seriously? Or is that what you are wishing happens? If it is true, that would be an awesome opportunity for them.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

[QUOTE=JunkieGirl;4593652]
    Imagine is one of my all times fave songs, if Terry would have sung it and nailed it, I may have swooned. I wonder if he has done it before--gonna go on a hunt.
    I feel the same way about "Imagine" and when I saw that it was his favorite song I was really hoping he would have sung it and I would have been swooning right along with you. lol

How did they compare to what you heard on The Voice? I heard that Carly sang Imagine and that she didn't do so well with it, changing it up too much. That would be blasphemy in my books!

Regarding Carly Rose she did over sing it IMO. I know she has had a lot of previous Broadway experience so that may be part of the reason. BTW, that was never mentioned on the show, but someone posted a link here on the site of the Broadway experience and it led me to the other information. She toned down "Hallelujah" and sang it well, but again I like the simpler versions. Loved the tribute they did on The Voice. Carly has plenty of experience behind her and not just a girl who walked in to perform for the first time at auditions. She has a beautiful voice, and I would not take that away from her, but here is her background if you were not aware.

Carly Rose Sonenclar started singing at the age of two, and has not stopped since. Making her Broadway debut at age seven in Les Miserables, she played the role of Young Cosette for the entire run of the show. Carly, who is 11 years old, recently returned from the national tour of Little House on the Prairie The Musical, originating the principal role of Carrie, the youngest of Melissa Gilbert's three daughters. She has also been seen on the big screen in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 and The Nanny Diaries. Carly makes time to volunteer her services for charitable causes as often as possible. She performed at the prestigious KIDS/Fashion Delivers benefit at which Barack Obama appeared as the keynote speaker. She also appeared at Carnegie Hall, playing the role of Kim in a benefit concert performance of Showboat. In early 2011, Carly will be appearing as Gilda Flip in the new season of The Electric Company on PBS.

What I don't understand is why people on these shows do a song that was done really, really well on a previous season knowing that they will be directly compared with. Unless you do something totally different and knock it out of the park it seems like a really dumb thing to do. It drives me nuts.
    I completely agree and wonder if it is their choice or someone else who makes these decisions. Drives me nuts too!!!
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 12-21-2012 at 01:21 AM.

For me, the high point of the whole season was the tribute to those slain in Newtown, CT. Hallelujah - The Voice - YouTube
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    For me, the high point of the whole season was the tribute to those slain in Newtown, CT. Hallelujah - The Voice - YouTube
    That was really cool. I also think it is cool that they released a season album for the top 3 on iTunes. For 9.99 Cheaper than if you bought them individually. The link I posted was an iTunes preview for Terry's (naturally)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/co...on/id588269368

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

My mother loved that version as well, Gutmutter. It was a beautiful tribute. I finally saw what XFactor had done and hated it. The focus was the singers, not the victims. The Voice did everything right, no focus on the singers and the simplicity of the cards with the children and teachers names, plus the 26 candles.

I showed my dad the Peter Frampton/Terry duet and he's become a little obsessed with it. I got to hear it in his car today. My parents have never watched these kind of shows unless I'm over at their house, maybe I can finally convince them to watch.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread