+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

I missed most of the show. Would anyone minds recapping who the F3 brought back - and which stars they dueted with (if they did?). I can google tomorrow otherwise...no worries.
    The Voice (U.S. season 3) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki's a great site. It already has the performances listed there.

Re: 12/17 & 12/18 The Voice: Season 3 Top 3 FINAL Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Cassadee had the votes and the iTunes sales, so good for her. Terry and Nicholas had an uphill battle. I knew this would be the results but I still worked with a couple of fan groups. It was fun and I found a new singer I LOVE. They all will benefit from this. Congrats to all.
    Well said Allie. I worked as hard as I could to support Terry during this season. I found a new singer that I LOVE as well. He captured my heart and I have a feeling that he will do just fine in the future. He fnished 2nd and we all know that you don't have to win these shows to go on and do great things. Making the top three gave all of them lots of exposure. Each of them appeal to people who enjoy different types of music. I ended up enjoying Nicholas a lot as well. I didn't dislike Cassadee and we all knew she would win in the end. I think all three of these artists will do just fine because all three of them are so different than each other. I join you in congratulating all of them.
    Allie, Cornholio and Babbred like this.

As do I. I hope to hear from my four for a long time. Hopefully they'll keep their fans updated on Facebook. <3
    Allie, Babbred and Jaceegirl like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel
    You get a car and you get a car and you get a car.
    Hi Oprah! Nice they all got new wheels, especially for Nick and his growing family@

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK
    Disappointed. The only good thing about this is that a woman has won after three seasons.

But no it should have been Amanda! Not happy. I can't think of any good thing, actually.
    Yes, XFactor last season and The Voice this season. The demographics for this show must be so different than AI.

Enjoyable show but much too long. I knew that Cassadee would win, it's been in the cards for weeks. Gives more credence to this show being one big pimp spot to re-introduce her to a mainstream audience. Ah well, you go girl.

I had read earlier that Smokey, Peter Frampton and Avril would be performing with the Top 3. Once again Terry and Nick kind of got the shaft in that they were singing with people who were a big deal about 40-50 years ago as opposed to Avril who was a big deal within the last ten years. Terry hit several sweet spots in his duet though. I'd love to hear him do that solo, very pleasing to my ears.

The coaches singing Time of Your Life made me tear up. Dammit been doing a lot of that lately.

All in all it was a great season. I can't wait to hear about new music from Amanda, Melanie, Nicholas, Terry and Cody.
    Shoepie, Allie, Babbred and 2 others like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

^^ omg that last line includes all of my four <333

I'd like four times for each of them if I could.
    Allie and Jaceegirl like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    ^^ omg that last line includes all of my four <333

I'd like four times for each of them if I could.
    We have great taste in music!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

At least Amanda was brought back by both Terry and Nicholas as someone they wanted to sing with. She sounded great in both her small solos.

No surprise, but the filler and team-ups were fun. The funniest part of the show was the "advance look" for season 4.

I hope for the best for all three as album promotional opportunities haven't been as plentiful for this show as for AI.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Well it was no surprise that Cassadee would win, and that Terry is 2nd place while Nicholas is 3rd.

A 3rd #1 single on iTunes for Cassadee Pope | Idol Chatter
    Allie likes this.

I don't get it though. Did the iTunes rankings affect the votes last season? What if it didn't play a part?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I don't get it though. Did the iTunes rankings affect the votes last season? What if it didn't play a part?
    I don't think it did Johnny as we had some prediction game going here much like the one for AI and I remember some of us being surprised by the winner. If I am remembering correctly it had to do with Billboard charts and seemed like some of us were surprised by who won. It was between Jermaine Paul, Juliet Simms, Tony Luca and Chris Mann. Look at Chris Mann number 4 and how well he has done.

Regarding last year's winner Jermaine Paul, he just released an album or something about it being released Dec. 18th. He performed a single from the album a couple of weeks back called "I Believe in Life". He is in the R&B category.

No idea how well the album will do, but I think it is too early to say The Voice does not give us talented artists like AI. Look at how long AI has been on. They did good with Kelly Clarkson the first year, but even she had her ups and downs. She is now under management with Reba McEntire's husband, is good friends with her and is engaged to Reba's step-son. Now she doing fantastic. Then it took until Season 4 to get Carrie Underwood. I believe Rubin Studdard was year two and Fantastia year three. Think of how many of the winners of AI have not gone on to do well and those that finished even way down (Jennifer Hudson as an example) have done wonderful.

This was only the 3rd season of The Voice so I think it is way too early to say it does not produce people who go on and do well. It also proves with any of these shows you do not have to win to go on and do big things.

I know you were a huge fan of Amanda Brown and I think she will do great as many people feel the same way as you do.

I like this show because I like the fact that the judges/mentors perform with their team. I think all judges respect each other and represent different types of music. Christina can be mean or over critical of some of the contestants, but overall I think all of them get along really well. JMO
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 12-19-2012 at 09:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread