+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 12/3 & 12/4 The Voice: Season 3 Top 6 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Amanda has the high level work, which I'm not huge on either, but they don't keep harping on how "new" this whole thing is for her. They also tend to acknowledge that she has the experience.

Cassadee toured, etc with a band and was decently known prior to this. They dropped that as soon as she made it through the blind auditions which bothers me. They shouldn't be able to treat her as a newbie when she isn't. It creates a different standard of expectations.
    Ah! I see what you are talking about. They are trying to get her as the fresh one. The talented newbie? Nope. Not buying that one but people who don't do research or chat might think this young girl just gets up there and can do all this? Wow! Can you imagine if she actually did this for a living? lol I think they want her to win. If not her, then Amanda.

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I was bored with Cassadee's performance. She has a great voice but something is not clicking for me.
    I think my problem with Cassidee (other than the fact that that the judges keep telling me how much I should love her) is that she just has a good voice. She can sing very well, sure, but there's nothing really unique or special about her. She's typical white bread pop tart. At least Melanie, Nick, Amanda and Terry all have a unique quality to their voice. Even Trevon is usually just a good singer. Tonight was an exception - when he sang Dreamgirls, he transcended the music and connected with the audience in a way Cassidee hasn't...at least to me.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Christina must be jealous of their vocal ability and good looks, and that JohnnyK would choose Melanie over her.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    Ah! I see what you are talking about. They are trying to get her as the fresh one. The talented newbie? Nope. Not buying that one but people who don't do research or chat might think this young girl just gets up there and can do all this? Wow! Can you imagine if she actually did this for a living? lol I think they want her to win. If not her, then Amanda.
    Yeeesssss, exactly. Which tends to be a lot of viewers! If they all realized/remembered her pervious experience, they may have held her previous songs to a higher standard. She's nowhere near as new to this as Melanie, but they tend to compare the two

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Christina must be jealous of their vocal ability and good looks, and that JohnnyK would choose Melanie over her.
    Nah. She gets that way with guys as well. And didn't she praise Cassadee tonight? I just think there is something about them she doesn't like that does not have anything to do with their sex or looks.
    JohnnyK likes this.

Carson confirmed it. Two go tomorrow night. I'm thinking Melanie (BOOOO) unfortunately and I'm not sure who else.

After that debacle by Christina M, Melanie's second song of the night is much more her.
    Was Christina M. flirting with Terry when she said she didn't have a little Hobbitt in her . .yet? Ewwwww. That is so wrong on so many levels.

After watching "The Voice" I am beginning to lose respect for people in show business named Christina.

I like Melanie, but I wish they hadn't done so much "staging" that second song. It just seemed too busy and distracting. Although I don't like CA, I had to agree with her suggestions for future songs Melanie could do.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "First Amanda came for the Moving Company, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't part of the Moving Company. Then Amanda came for the blacks, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't black. Then Amanda came for Judd, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't Judd. Then Amanda came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me."

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

omg I wish I could have four avatars at once. But since I can't, I have to alternate between all four between now and tomorrow.

My Voice 4 worship collection is now complete <3 I hope I won't be disappointed.

Carson confirmed it. Two go tomorrow night. I'm thinking Melanie (BOOOO) unfortunately and I'm not sure who else.
    If one of her iTunes songs are in the top 10, I think she will make it. Most the positive chatter I have been seeing at least before this episode is for Cassadee, Nicholas and Melanie. I think the question is the fourth spot. I have a sinking feeling that Terry might not make it if one of his songs does not crack the top 10. Just top 10 on a chart like Rock itself does not count I do not think.
    JohnnyK likes this.

OK. Right off the bat (not even 45 minutes after the show ended for some of you). Everyone has at least one song in the top 200. Terry, Cassadee (two) Nicholas, TH and Melanie all have songs in the top 100.

ETA: Terry's choice is doing better at least at the start from Blakes choice by 132 spots (49 vs 181)

+ Reply to Thread