+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: 11/19 & 11/20 The Voice: Season 3 Top 10 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 11/19 The Voice: Season 3 Top 10 Round!! **SPOILERS**

I watched some of her performance on Youtube. She's still not a favorite of mine. I don't care when she goes.

I said we'll have a shocker but was expecting Trevyn to be the one getting the boot (along with Sylvia). Bryan I expected to be in the bottom 4 but not Amanda, who ended up in the bottom 3. I would think she would have done better than Trevyn or Cody. I might have expected Bryan to be in the bottom 4 or 3 but not to be eliminated. That's really too bad as he really have a better voice than some of those left. But I've looked at some polls on the internet and Bryan was ranking if not bottom 3, last place. So I knew he was going home when he went up against Amanda.

Don't you guys find it strange that instead of calling out the name of who was safe, Carson announce "From Team Adam...(long pause)" which made it anti-climactic for Sylvia as she was automatically eliminated (because there was no other person in her team with her...duuuh!) and since she already knew, she just nodded her head, fell by the wayside as the other two await their fate. AWKWARD!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Bottom three? They don't actually reveal the Bottom three do they? Just because Amanda was last to be announced saved doesn't mean she was in the bottom three.

I'm glad that Terry made it through but really bummed about Brian. He was my favorite and I hope that he will go on to have a very successful career. I also think that Sylvia will do well despite getting booted off. She sang great last night. I think this is the best group of singers that The Voice has ever had and the competition was fierce last night. They are all winners in my book.
    Allie and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Woot! I was surprised about Bryan.... thought he was safe! Thrilled that Amanda, Melanie & Terry are moving on. Woot! Somehow I missed Cassadee's performance last night. It sounds like it was amazing. Off to try and find it online.
    Terry tweeted that it gave him goosebumps. He is pimping Team Blake like crazy. I am thrilled that those three made it too. I wanted Bryan, though. Liked him. Again, he was in my top 5. :-(

I've never heard them say anything about the order they save them being the actual order of votes. I can't tell you how relieved I am that Sylvia's gone. I don't dislike her, I'm just in pain when she sings. Bryan was ok, but I'm so pissed about the AI outcomes the last 6 or so years (WGWG) that I want something more out of a singing competition. I'm rooting for Nicholas ftw, and Melanie because this time last year she was just a shy teen sitting on her bed, singing into her hairbrush. I prefer quirky (if it's done well) to belters, so she's right up my alley.
    Babbred, JohnnyK and sparklete like this.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I've never heard them say anything about the order they save them being the actual order of votes. I can't tell you how relieved I am that Sylvia's gone. I don't dislike her, I'm just in pain when she sings. Bryan was ok, but I'm so pissed about the AI outcomes the last 6 or so years (WGWG) that I want something more out of a singing competition. I'm rooting for Nicholas ftw, and Melanie because this time last year she was just a shy teen sitting on her bed, singing into her hairbrush. I prefer quirky (if it's done well) to belters, so she's right up my alley.
    As far as I know, they don't do a bottom 2, 3, 4 or anything, and I have a feeling that sometimes they leave the more popular ones til last for "drama." However, having seen who they left for the last 4, there was no drama at all. I would truly have been shocked if either Trevyn or Amanda had been elminated (although it wouldn't have mattered to me).

I totally agree with you about Nicholas and Melanie - my top 3 favorites are those two and Terry - but for voice alone it's a tossup between Nicholas and Melanie. I don't care for the belters, they all sound the same to me.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Thanks! So it was not just me who heard that. Lately, I have been wondering about my hearing and my memory. LOL
    That's not the way I understood it. I thought it sounded like he was saying the opposite, that the votes will count until the finals.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    As far as I know, they don't do a bottom 2, 3, 4 or anything, and I have a feeling that sometimes they leave the more popular ones til last for "drama." However, having seen who they left for the last 4, there was no drama at all. I would truly have been shocked if either Trevyn or Amanda had been elminated (although it wouldn't have mattered to me).

AI become notorious for this. Ryan would be very careful not to say "Bottom 2 or 3." Then he'd announce a really popular singer along with a less-popular one. Everybody would be on the edge of their seats but of course it was just a fake-out. Folks finally figured out that it was probably just a ploy to drive the voting up. The popular singer was probably near the top.

And you're spot on, Misty. There was no way I would believe Trevyn or Amanda had been eliminated, so it was almost an anti-climax when they got to the last 4.

I totally agree with you about Nicholas and Melanie - my top 3 favorites are those two and Terry - but for voice alone it's a tossup between Nicholas and Melanie. I don't care for the belters, they all sound the same to me.

I love Terry because he's cute and British. And while I do like rock & roll, I would also prefer to see Nicholas or Melanie win. They are totally unique in their look and sound. Amanda is very talented, but yeah, after a while all these belters like her and Trevyn (and the pop ones) just start to sound the same. It hurts my ears when they hit those high notes, even if they're on-key.

So now we have a Top 8. Who's left?

Team Christina: Dez (Is anyone surprised that Xtina is losing her team so rapidly ?)

Team Ce-Lo: Nicholas, Cody, and Trevyn (looks like he's the team to beat)

Team Blake: Amanda and Terry (they should be safe for a while)

Team Adam: Casadee and Melanie (I have a feeling that Casadee will keep advancing and maybe even win due to her fan base. My only concern is how far will Melanie get.)
    Last edited by Babbred; 11-21-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Babbred, Cassadee is on Team Blake, not Team Adam.

I do agree with you, this girl will make it to the finals for sure. For some reason she is super popular. I'm not a fan of hers but I did really enjoy the Miranda Lambert song she sang this week. Also I noticed when they singing their group numbers last night she sounded the best out of the other contestants she was on stage with.

I'm glad that Cody made it through this week! He needs to do songs similar to the George Michael song he did a few weeks ago, that was really fantastic. I alos really like Nicholas Soup and glad to see he is getting the votes .

Xtina better hope that Dez continues to pull in the fan girl votes!
    I wonder who Bryan Keith's votes will go to now?

+ Reply to Thread