+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: 11/19 & 11/20 The Voice: Season 3 Top 10 Round and Results!! **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/19 The Voice: Season 3 Top 10 Round!! **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    My overall Favorite Four are Terricus, Amandina, Melanie, and Nicholas Soup, with Bryan as fifth and the others below that.

I have to admit, I liked Nicholas more last night. Terricus was good, as usual, but it just didn't wow me. Somebody said he was ill, so I'll give him a pass. I love Nicholas's unique look and sound, and last night I thought he was going to pound that piano to pieces. It was my favorite performance. Amanda was a close second. Man, that woman is gorgeous and she sings like an angel. What more could you ask for? Melanie/Terricus/Bryan would tie for Honorable Mentions. I really liked Bryan's old school vibe last night. I bet he'd sound good doing some songs with Tony Bennett.

As for the Itunes thing, I can't stress this enough. Don't judge a contestant by their rankings there. I will never forget my favorite contestant from Season 1, Dia Frampton, routinely topping the chart that season. In fact, I can hear Carson's voice. "The winner on Itunes was Dia. The winner of the show, however, is Javier!" I says this because I wouldn't be surprised if all the tweenies rushed out to vote for Cody based on his sex appeal. Didn't you hear all that squealing last night? (And I loved the ironic comparison to Adam Lambert. I don't think he has to worry! )

As for Cassadee, I had never heard of her before the good folks here at FORT enlightened me as to her past. Therefore, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I don't hold it against her that she used to have a career in the business. Good grief, I think half the contestants from Season 1 had either won some other singing show or had a previous contract. I think even Javier had tried to make a go of it and failed. Anyway, as I said, Cassadee's past doesn't bother me. I must say, however, that she has done nothing to inspire me on this show. If it weren't for you guys mentioning her all the time, I would forget about her.

Trevyn had his first off night for me. I thought it was just bleh.

I can't even remember Sylvia and Dez's performances.

Misty said:

*I* realize how repetitive most of them are, and that's why I don't listen to current music - it's too annoying.

Amen! That's why I'd far rather throw on my CD of the old classics by, say, Mr. Bennett. I find modern music to be loud and boring. Not to mention the performances seem to be all about the show, i.e. the outlandish costumes. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Xtina.)

And finally, I would love to see Amanda or Melanie win, just because it's time for a woman! I'm sure Terry and Nicholas will do well, regardless. That judge was right. This is the best season yet.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    iTunes download counts as 10 votes per download. So VOTE VOTE VOTE!
    Just another way to get us to spend money on iTunes (which I refuse to do for various reasons). In any case, there weren't any of those songs I'd be eager to own.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I still hear "Lean on Me" in Nicholas' voice. That would have been a "I've seen this before" performance without him singing. Bravo!

I can't believe Blake allowed Cassadee to sing "Over You". Besides the personal song writing aspect, it is also CMA song of the year and propelled Miranda Lambert to her two other wins. Kudos to him, though, as she did a terrific job.

"Stars" as sung by Amanda is now a new favorite. Pity the poor originator as millions now know it as Amanda's song.

I enjoyed all the performances tonight, not a clunker in the bunch. I didn't say singing, I said performances because then I could include Cody Belew. I loved Jennifer's expression when he did his end rift in rehearsal. I also loved Nicholas' comments when meeting her - that she understood because she had come up the same way they had. (through a competition show.)
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-20-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe
    Actually I was going to ask the same question. But he did sing a man's song. "Freedom" by George Michael but i'm not sure if that counts.
    HAHA! That's hilarious, jammy!

Interesting notes about the Itunes charts.

I first checked around 1:50 a.m. EST and Cassadee was at #71. Snooping around the internet, within 10 minutes she flew up to #1!!!! This afternoon, she is still in the top spot over reigning champ PSY. Pretty impressive accomplishment for her.

Good news for Melanie and Amanda as they are also in the Top 10 as of 4:00 EST.

Cassadee #71------>#1
    Melanie #15-------->#8
    Amanda #16-------->#9
    Nicholas #20-------->#15
    Dez #34--------->#25
    Terry #61-------->#49
    Bryan #77-------->#64
    Sylvia #114------>#84
    Cody #121------->#101
    Trevin #124------->#104

So is Trevin in trouble tonight? I guess we'll see. I do not see Cody going on, I did vote for him but if he doesn't stay I think I'm prepared.

Didn't Carson say any single in the Top 10 would have the 10X multiplier vote applied? I don't think he meant everyone who charts would benefit from the new rule.

This new rule probably fixed what went wrong when Dia didn't win the 1st season. Hitting the top 10, will multiply the votes X10 and will accumulate towards their vote totals in the Finale.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    .......Didn't Carson say any single in the Top 10 would have the 10X multiplier vote applied? I don't think he meant everyone who charts would benefit from the new rule.

This new rule probably fixed what went wrong when Dia didn't win the 1st season. Hitting the top 10, will multiply the votes X10 and will accumulate towards their vote totals in the Finale.
    I deleted my question from my original post, but that is what I thought I heard as well. So, if you make the finals, that is when those itunes votes will count.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I deleted my question from my original post, but that is what I thought I heard as well. So, if you make the finals, that is when those itunes votes will count.
    Thanks! So it was not just me who heard that. Lately, I have been wondering about my hearing and my memory. LOL
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

I need help with the rules. 2 people from each team will be eliminated tonight. So what that says is someone eliminated could have had enough votes to stay but in order to keep things even they must leave. OR when one votes they can vote for a singer on each team?

Only 2 people leave tonight regardless of which team they are on. My cable guide says "2 from each team" but it's incorrect. 2 lowest vote getters go home regardless of team.
    Shoepie likes this.

Popularity Poll:
    1. Cassadee Pope - Team Blake - Over You 28.43%
    2. Amanda Brown - Team Adam - Stars 18.79%
    3. Nicholas David - Team Cee Lo - Lean on Me 10.81%
    4. Melanie Martinez - Team Adam - Seven Nation Army 9.44%
    5. Cody Belew - Team Cee Lo - Crazy in Love 9.25%
    6. Dez - Team Christina - Feelin Good 9%
    7. Terry McDermott - Team Blake - Summer of 69 4.87%
    8. Sylvia Yacoub - Team Christina - Girl on Fire 3.51%
    9. Bryan Keith - Team Adam - New York State of Mind 3.12%
    10. Trevin Hunte - Team Cee Lo - Scream 2.92%

Latest Rankings Itunes Chart:
    1. Cassadee Pope Over You
    13. Melanie Martinez Seven Nation Army
    15. Amanda Brown Stars
    17. Nicholas David Lean On Me
    29. Dez Duron Feeling Good
    69. Terry McDermott Summer of 69
    83. Bryan Keith New York State of Mind
    125. Sylvia Yacoub Girl on Fire
    136. Cody Belew Crazy in Love
    142. Trevin Hunte Scream

So it looks like we will have shocker tonight. Trevyn might get the boot if the popularity poll and iTunes chart hold
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-20-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks jammyjoe for the numbers. Looks fairly hopeful for Terry. Hope he gets well and kicks it up a notch. I still don't see why Dez is so high, but he def has his fans. I am surprised at how far Trevin has fallen as to pop poll and his iTunes song.

+ Reply to Thread