+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 11/8 The Voice 3 Live Playoff Results *SPOILERS*

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 11/8 The Voice 3 Live Playoff Results *SPOILERS*

It's nothing new, though. I'm used to it by now. See the last four winners of American Idol. Imagine if a woman won for once. That would be nice.
    Arielflies, Allie and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    It's nothing new, though. I'm used to it by now. See the last four winners of American Idol. Imagine if a woman won for once. That would be nice.
    Ok, slightly off-topic, but...who was the last female to win AI? I can't remember. Also, what has happened to the past 4 winners? The only one I see now is Adam Lambert. I started to say "and David Cook," but he won. He wasn't in the last four, though, was he? I stopped watching AI a couple of seasons ago, so it's starting to become a blur.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

The last five winners were all brown haired mediocre* hot white male singers with guitars. * I only said "see last four" because David Cook, who started the trend, was actually good and better than the runner-up.

The last female winner was Jordin Sparks of AI6. Lambert didn't win.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    The last five winners were all brown haired mediocre* hot white male singers with guitars. * I only said "see last four" because David Cook, who started the trend, was actually good and better than the runner-up.

The last female winner was Jordin Sparks of AI6. Lambert didn't win.

I am fully aware that Adam Lambert lost. That was the beginning of the end of AI for me. I hung on for a couple of seasons more, but gave up in disgust when that punk rocker kid didn't even make it to the final. Instead we had two, count 'em, TWO, bland country singers. At least one was a girl.

What's hugely ironic is that when Lambert lost, I was part of another online forum. I remember all these women crowing about how *aw shucks cute little Chris* won over that nasty Lambert. I tried and tried to tell them that Chris would go nowhere and Adam would be the star, but they wouldn't listen. One lady even posted, "I'm so glad Lambert lost! Now we won't have to see him anymore! I bet in a couple of years he'll be on one of those VH1 shows for washed-up stars."

I have been waiting several years to say this.......

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Thank you. I feel much better. Now back to our own show.

Whoops, forgot. David Cook...*sigh* The last winner to deserve winning that show, IMO.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123