+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 10/30 The Voice: Season Knockout Rounds!! **SPOILERS**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 10/30 The Voice: Season Knockout Rounds!! **SPOILERS**

I don't hate Trevin as much as I hated Turf though yet. So you won't be hearing me complain about him too often at this time.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I don't hate Trevin as much as I hated Turf though yet. So you won't be hearing me complain about him too often at this time.
    Trevin has the talent. Of course not as much as Terry ;-)

I like Trevin as an act. I hated Turf as an act. I'd rather hear an epic Trevin voice than see a grotesque Turf routine.

I admit that I am new to this show but I find myself flummoxed by some of the choices made during the knockout rounds.

Adam seems to be the most engaged mentor with a pretty good group. I think I like Ceelo's group the best with the exception of Diego. Why he let Caitlin go over this mess is beyond me.

Christina? 3 out of the 5 seem to be generic pop belters - yawn. Blake really messed up a couple of his choices. Terry is safe - good. But keeping Julio? really? Also I would have kept Suzanna. I know her song choice was poor, but she stood out in a great way. Cassadee is another Christina wannabe.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

Treyvyn is rapidly becoming this show's Turf. If you don't understand, then ask JohnnyK. He'll be happy to give you an earful.
    I'll bite.

Johnny K, who is Turf and what show was he on?

Turf, some loser on America's Got Talent who made the semifinals. Look him up on Google images. That should be enough to explain how horrid his act is.

On this past season of AGT, the judges, especially Howie Mandel, tried to make Turf look as sympathetic as possible. The poor kid was a homeless street entertainer, so I did feel sorry for him. However, almost every episode, Howie would go out of his way to praise Turf when they were far superior acts. I simply meant that Trevin's schtick of trying to gain sympathy for his past experience with a bad teacher is wearing thin for me.

Johnny, thank you for reminding me. That was an excellent point. At least Trevin actually has talent.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    On this past season of AGT, the judges, especially Howie Mandel, tried to make Turf look as sympathetic as possible. The poor kid was a homeless street entertainer, so I did feel sorry for him. However, almost every episode, Howie would go out of his way to praise Turf when they were far superior acts. I simply meant that Trevin's schtick of trying to gain sympathy for his past experience with a bad teacher is wearing thin for me.
    Johnny, thank you for reminding me. That was an excellent point. At least Trevin actually has talent.
    I think I was the one that mentioned talent and Turf. I was partially kidding about that and was more joking about Johnny and my Terry love. He DID have some, but his act seemed too one-note and extreme. He could have polished and improved it. I, too, felt sorry for him being homeless and trying to make a better life for himself. It was the judges who pimped him like they did. THEY got on my nerves. As For Trevin, he is VERY talented but should stop mentioning his teacher. Of course, the TV show is choosing to keep that in.

OK I didn't know where to put this. They have the teams making pitches to Pick their coach, election style. This is the one for Blake. They are really cute

Vote Team Blake! | Video | The Voice | NBC

I want Terricus to win. Trevicus, if he's really that good, can finish somewhere near the top, too.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread