Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 10/30 The Voice: Season Knockout Rounds!! **SPOILERS**

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 10/30 The Voice: Season Knockout Rounds!! **SPOILERS**

With Emperor Terricus? Yes.
    Allie likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Aw jeez, I was so looking forward to tonight and was disappointed. For the first time, I liked De'Borah. Sounded awesome and rocked the Urkel outfit. haha

I just don't get Devyn. Sure, she's a good singer but sounds no different than other pop singers out there today. Same with Adrianna, nothing distinguishes her from anyone else. Laura should have won that one.

I agree with others who thought Julio should have picked something in Spanish or even latin-flavored. Singing Bieber songs isn't going to get you votes because THEY are NOT Bieber.

Happy that Michaela went through. Loved her neopolitan ice cream hair!

Bad song choices all around tonight. Why didn't Suzanna choose something similar to her audition? She has a lovely tone but you'd never guess that from her performance tonight. Singing Bieber, Chris Brown and ANOTHER Miranda Lambert song? UGH. Liz, you are no Miranda Lambert. Payphone? Cassadee sounded awful at the beginning but by the end it sounded good. Cassadee and Michaela are Blake's only chance to win again, but I don't think that will happen.

Chevonne may have stage presence but her song choices have sucked. She was a wasted steal for Xtina.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I wonder if anybody will actually use my Terricus avatar.
    Allie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Blake has Terry and Michaela, and that should keep him in the game for a good while. Christina's team nearly cancels itself out. I only see Dez and De'Borah going very far on the show. Live shows should be interesting!
    JohnnyK likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I was thinking there was that country connection, but I think because of how popular the Aerosmith version was that's where his "reasoning" was headed? I think Blake was looking for a "COUNTRY" singer and by her choosing a song not really country-popular that did her in.
    I think Blake has mentioned several times that the prevailing trend for female country singers right now is that in your face style of singing, and that's what he was looking for.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

It always astonishes me when people pick a song and style totally different from what got them as far as they are. The time to show a "different side" of yourself is when you ar already populare enough to pull it off. Or they will pick a song because they love the song, or because it's popular now, or because it's one of the coaches' songs.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I wonder if anybody will actually use my Terricus avatar.
    I have it pulled on my desk top. I will at least gaze upon it if not switch out my av.

<3 I spent about 40 minutes staring at it and I didn't even realise how long I was doing it for. Now I see it everytime I blink or close my eyes.

I literally groaned when Rudy announced his Chris Brown song choice (and I had no knowledge of the Twitter mess with Miranda). Why not Johnny Cash? Every generation pretty much loves his music and Rudy could've nailed it. Glad he didn't...cuz I love me some Terry!!

Great job on the av JohnnyK!!!
    Allie likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post

I agree with others who thought Julio should have picked something in Spanish or even latin-flavored. Singing Bieber songs isn't going to get you votes because THEY are NOT Bieber.

Happy that Michaela went through. Loved her neopolitan ice cream hair!

I'm glad, too! I like unique contestants.

Bad song choices all around tonight. Why didn't Suzanna choose something similar to her audition? She has a lovely tone but you'd never guess that from her performance tonight. Singing Bieber, Chris Brown and ANOTHER Miranda Lambert song? UGH. Liz, you are no Miranda Lambert. Payphone? Cassadee sounded awful at the beginning but by the end it sounded good. Cassadee and Michaela are Blake's only chance to win again, but I don't think that will happen.

Chris Brown? Is he the guy who beat up his GF, Rihanna? I would not want to be associated with that. Every time I heard "...singing a CB song" I cringed.

When Gracie had her blind audition, Blake praised her "pure country sound" and said "there was no one on the radio like her." Why oh why, then, did she sing some generic pop song? I don't care if there was a country version; that song has been done to death. There was nothing original about it. I bet Blake wanted to give a great big groan when he heard her choice.

Julio...you swept through after nailing that Gloria Estefan song. Why didn't you do another Latin song?

Rudy, Rudy...your whole schtick in the blind audition was how you played with classic rock stars. Why didn't you do one of their songs?

And the list goes on...

Misty said:

It always astonishes me when people pick a song and style totally different from what got them as far as they are. The time to show a "different side" of yourself is when you are already popular enough to pull it off. Or they will pick a song because they love the song, or because it's popular now, or because it's one of the coaches' songs.

Amen! Good grief, people, some of these contestants should have taken a page from Scotty on AI. Week after week he drove everybody crazy by churning out some country song. Didn't matter the genre, he would find a way to countrify it. And look, he ended up winning his season. Obviously that's what his fans wanted and so he knew to milk that all the way to victory. Now if he wants to make another kind of album, his fans will probably give him a break and still listen.

The other thing that gets me is "I have to sing a current hit or I'll sound dated." Sheesh, people. Back in May our city invited Led Zeppelin to do its Memorial Day concert. Not only was it sold out, but I had several friends who went and enjoyed themselves. There are plenty of classic songs that you can perform that will still resonate with people. One of my co-workers, a young man in his 20's, once told he how much he loved Johnny Cash. You were spot on, Gala, that would have been an excellent choice for Rudy.

And I'm really sorry, but Trevyn is now officially on my "sob story that is getting on my nerves" list. Yes, I get it. You once had a teacher who treated you like crud, and I'm really sorry. Guess what, though? That doesn't make you unique. My 5th grade teacher would drive students to tears (including me) by pointing out all the things you did wrong but rarely giving any praise. My husband had a horrible middle school teacher who actually joined in with the rest of the class and made fun of hubby. We are both now happy, productive adults who don't feel the need to trot out our "bad teacher" story in order to get sympathy.

Treyvyn is rapidly becoming this show's Turf. If you don't understand, then ask JohnnyK. He'll be happy to give you an earful.
    Allie likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread