+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10/8 The Voice: Season 3 Battle Rounds Begin!! **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/8 The Voice: Season 3 Battle Rounds Begin!! **SPOILERS**

I think the coaches choose their own battles, definately! It would make little sense to have a producer choose. The entire point is for successful recording artists, who know more about who they chose and why, to make this decision. It was clear that Ceilo was genuinely suprised that Amanda had the range she did.

I think the coaches have to have 10 members on their team so they have to do a steal. I don't know if coaches can make the steal (from those who are left) after the Battle rounds if one team is left with only 9 members.

Next will be the Knockout Round. Are the coaches given another steal during that round such that they end up with 6 members on the team? That would be interesting too.

I probably would prefer to do the battle early because if you do it later and all the steals have been used, no coach can save you anymore. That's the flaw on this Battle round.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I don't even really like that song ... and now it is running through my mind. Make it stop!
    LOL Don't you hate when that happens?

If anyone wants to check out Rick waaaaaaaay back in the seventies, check out Speak Too The Sky. AW wasn't he just adorable!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    What a great episode!

I think that Ceelo was prepared to lose the great female vocalist at the end. He knows that she is unlikely to win the entire thing, regardless of her voice. I hate to say it, but younger people are not likely to vote for her. They like younger, more current type artists, even if their voice is just average. JMO

That and the male singer had a better story with his "my teacher crushed my dream" thing. The woman may be pretty and talented, but she's already performed with a big-name star, so that might hurt her.

Concerning the mother/daughter duo, why do people quit their jobs to audition for reality shows? Most of the people who do that wash out. Don't these people every learn?
    Shoepie likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I was happy that guy called Ceelo out on his preference for hot women over talented male singers. He just told him flat how it was and Ceelo sat stunned. He knew it was true. I'm glad Ceelo picked the guy over the girl. He looks like he will be a lot of fun.

I'm just now watching this episode, and I'm sorry, but I am so sentimental over the piano player. This guy is everywhere! I need to figure out who he is and be his biggest fan. He was in Rockstar INXS and he's maybe the most talented musician ever.

WHY doesn't everybody in the world know this guy?? Why do I recognize his face but not know who he is?
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat View Post
    I'm just now watching this episode, and I'm sorry, but I am so sentimental over the piano player. This guy is everywhere! I need to figure out who he is and be his biggest fan. He was in Rockstar INXS and he's maybe the most talented musician ever.

WHY doesn't everybody in the world know this guy?? Why do I recognize his face but not know who he is?
    I don't know. I have never seen him before.

I rarely watch shows on cable. Therefore, the only reality shows I see are the mainstream ones like The Voice. Over the past couple of seasons, folks here have referenced a number of former contestants from cable reality shows, including Rockstar, and I never knew any of them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I must have missed it. I'm surprised too, because I watched Rockstar INXS. I think they had two seasons. I'll try to find out who he is? Was he a contestant? I think the Burnett guy produced this show and RockStar.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-11-2012 at 11:05 AM.

To the Point

The following is from the official The Voice website. Hope it helps.

Eric Daniels (Keyboards) Born and raised in Northern California, Eric Daniels began his music career at a very young age. At only seven years old, Eric started playing a toy piano and has never looked back. As a child, he began to take private lessons to sharpen his skills and also played at a local church as a teenager.

Eric joined "The Voice" house band as a keyboardist shortly after reconnecting with Paul Mirkovich for a Christina Aguilera tour in 2010 - almost 20 years after they had last played together. One of the best things about being a part of this band for Eric has been the opportunity to work with talented artists and striving to get the best out of them week after week.

Citing Prince and Stevie Wonder as major influences on his own style, Eric considers himself a chameleon who can morph into any musical style he experiences. Before becoming a part of "The Voice" house band, Eric played with the likes of Janet Jackson, Boyz II Men, TLC and Mariah Carey, whom he toured with for over 14 years.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast