+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Season 4 Judges

Re: Season 4 Judges

Quote Originally Posted by football_chick View Post
    I love Adam and Blake together! I want to hang out and have drinks with them

I don't think you'd have to "twist" Blake's arm for a drink. You may have to twist it to get him to stop!
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I don't think you'd have to "twist" Blake's arm for a drink. You may have to twist it to get him to stop!
    Ha Ha! Maybe someday

I really like Blake, but I do have concern over the alcohol issue. Maybe it's overplayed by him and it's not an actual problem. I hope so. It's just that when someone jokes too much about drinking, there is usually a reason they are so focused on drinking. There are some famous people who joked about drinking a lot that had serious addiction issues, such as Jackie Gleason, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Jr., Dean Martin, George Jones, and the list continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I really like Blake, but I do have concern over the alcohol issue. Maybe it's overplayed by him and it's not an actual problem. I hope so. It's just that when someone jokes too much about drinking, there is usually a reason they are so focused on drinking. There are some famous people who joked about drinking a lot that had serious addiction issues, such as Jackie Gleason, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, Jr., Dean Martin, George Jones, and the list continues.
    Dean Martin drank some, but he did not have a drinking problem. He drank the occasional weak cocktail, but most times he had apple juice in that glass -- especially when on stage.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Phylis Diller says Dean Martin did drink alcohol on stage, though she didn't think he was actually drunk on stage. Not that it matters, he's gone on now, but I'm not sure why Blake wants to perpetuate the belief that he is big drinker. It's not the 1960's and being a heavy drinker is really not funny anymore. It's concerning, IMO.
    I hope he knows what he's doing.

Interesting that The Voice won an Emmy in the season CeeLo and Christina weren't judges. I wonder if that had anything to do with it? I love CeeLo but Christina always grated on my nerves. I didn't watch with Shakira or Usher although I do like both of them. I just didn't feel like watching last season. But I'm back again because I missed Adam, lol, and I'm pleasantly surprised with Christina so far.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789