+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Season 4 Judges

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Season 4 Judges

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I do retract my previous comments about being unsure how the new coaches will do. I'm still reserved around Usher (as his personal life doesn't always jive with me).
    JunkieGirl and I want to know what happens in Usher's personal life that is offensive? I've never heard anything about it. On this show he seems very well-mannered, poised, and cute as can be. I've often wondered how his protege, Justin Bieber, could turn out to be such a hot mess under Usher's guidance? I guess Justin isn't necessarily taking Usher's advice - or is he?
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I just found out a few days ago that Shakira was pregnant. Then I just now found out that she had her son, Milan, 2 months ago! When were the blind auditions filmed? She sure didn't look pregnant at that time! Even though she just might not have been showing yet. Still, I found photos of her from January, and she definitely was showing!

Evidently she recently brought her new little cutie to a taping as the "5th judge."
    Shakira Brings Baby Milan to The Voice
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

One of the side articles said his birth date was January 22nd. Wow, she lost her post baby fat quickly as they probably started taping the auditions in February. And, yes, she was very pregnant...there is a photo of that as well.

Then again, maybe they taped the auditions last summer - which could happen because the contestants change size and hair designs between the audition stage and the battle rounds. Anyway that is one cute future soccer player.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    One of the side articles said his birth date was January 22nd. Wow, she lost her post baby fat quickly as they probably started taping the auditions in February. And, yes, she was very pregnant...there is a photo of that as well.

Then again, maybe they taped the auditions last summer - which could happen because the contestants change size and hair designs between the audition stage and the battle rounds. Anyway that is one cute future soccer player.
    I remember hearing that the auditions for this season were going on while they were taping last season.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    JunkieGirl and I want to know what happens in Usher's personal life that is offensive? I've never heard anything about it. On this show he seems very well-mannered, poised, and cute as can be. I've often wondered how his protege, Justin Bieber, could turn out to be such a hot mess under Usher's guidance? I guess Justin isn't necessarily taking Usher's advice - or is he?
    Yes, we wanna know~C'mon Canadian_Angel. What's the scoop?

The only thing I have heard about Usher is the custody battle with his ex-wife. While they were battling, their son died in a jet-ski incident.

As for Bieber being a hot mess? He's a teen-ager. Usher can't control any of Bieber's actions, anymore than Bieber's parents. The kid is going to make mistakes and because he is in the public eye, it's a bigger deal than kids who are not in the public eye. The day he starts snorting coke/smoking meth and hiring hookers or robbing people at gunpoint, then I'll start to wonder where his mom went wrong. For a kid who has that much money, power and influence he isn't that bad. YET.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Ref. Usher background. You might check out a fairly recent Oprah interview she did with Usher and his mom. He had a huge battle with his ex-wife. His mother disliked the woman and refused to attend the wedding. That tells me that Usher is not too smart. To marry a woman your mom hates is a big mistake. Deal with it before marriage. Anyway, mom now says, I told you so. As it turns out the ex-wife was a piece of work. Usher wouldn't listen. His mom tried to warn him.

Anyway, it was his ex-wife's son, from a previous relationship that was killed in the water accident; not Usher's child. Usher tried to be kind, but the ex-wife threw many insults his way that he didn't really care. AND he offered to continue their court case for custody since the woman's child had just died, but the ex-wife made crazy accusations and said no way. She didn't sound too grieving. The case went forward and she lost big time and Usher got full custody.

Other than that, I don't know much about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Ref. Usher background. You might check out a fairly recent Oprah interview she did with Usher and his mom. He had a huge battle with his ex-wife. His mother disliked the woman and refused to attend the wedding. That tells me that Usher is not too smart. To marry a woman your mom hates is a big mistake. Deal with it before marriage. Anyway, mom now says, I told you so. As it turns out the ex-wife was a piece of work. Usher wouldn't listen. His mom tried to warn him.

Anyway, it was his ex-wife's son, from a previous relationship that was killed in the water accident; not Usher's child. Usher tried to be kind, but the ex-wife threw many insults his way that he didn't really care. AND he offered to continue their court case for custody since the woman's child had just died, but the ex-wife made crazy accusations and said no way. She didn't sound too grieving. The case went forward and she lost big time and Usher got full custody.

Other than that, I don't know much about him.
    Just b/c he didn't listen to his mother does not mean he is stupid. There are a lot of MILs that don't like the person their child is going to marry and it doesn't mean that their marriage won't last. He is an adult and can make his own decisions. I'm not my MILs favorite person, but DH still married me and we have been together for 22 yrs and married for 10 of those 22 yrs
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Just b/c he didn't listen to his mother does not mean he is stupid. There are a lot of MILs that don't like the person their child is going to marry and it doesn't mean that their marriage won't last. He is an adult and can make his own decisions. I'm not my MILs favorite person, but DH still married me and we have been together for 22 yrs and married for 10 of those 22 yrs
    I think Usher's love life polarized him from womankind -- at least for a short period of time.

If you believe his history as published, he tends to love until he gets his woman to commit -- and then he cheats. Once he supposedly cheats, he's immediately tied to "the other woman" and seems to make the transition with arrogance. Obviously that smooth smile and twinkle in the eye shortens people's memories and wins them over!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Yes, we wanna know~C'mon Canadian_Angel. What's the scoop?
    cubsfan covered most of it. I don't like how he treats women in general and especially those he enters into relationships with. I also don't like with his ex that he basically hid behind his mom when he started the divorce process with her.

UGH...Ceelo was just on Ellen and said that he would be back for shooting season 5 in June
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread