Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By canadian_angel
  • 1 Post By ibot2much
  • 2 Post By Debb70
  • 2 Post By JohnnyK

Thread: The Voice Season 3

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

The Voice Season 3

changes-in-store-for-the-voice-season-3/story/?

"The singing competition show, which begins airing Sept. 10 on NBC, has added an element called "The Steal" that comes into play after a coach has cut a singer. Competitors will again go head-to-head in battle rounds and each coach -- Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Green, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton -- will decide to keep one of the two singers. The released singer is then fair game for the other coaches to claim.

As usual, each coach starts with 16 singers selected with their backs to the performers. The battle rounds get their pools down to eight; each coach will add two singers from the other coaches' discard piles.

To whittle each team to five singers, the performers will go into a Knock-Out Round. Each singer chooses their own song and performs while the next contestant is seated on a stool in the boxing ring they use for a set. It will then go into live competition shows, beginning at the end of October."

This sounds a little confusing, although I do like the idea of "The Steal"
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Re: The Voice Season 3

It does sound confusing, but I do like that they can steal contestants. Therere were a lot of times I found myself wishing an eliminated singer could stay.
    Debb70 likes this.

If it ain't broke why fix it. Everyone I speak to loves this show( as it is)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I heard they are doing three nights so that their last night conflicts with the X Factor. Simon made a fool of himself complaining that the Voice is "afraid" of Brittany taking their viewers away. He thought there was a "gentleman's agreement" that the Voice would get two nights and his show would get the other two.

If you read the interview, the only person who sounds afraid ( read as terrified) is Simon
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I heard they are doing three nights so that their last night conflicts with the X Factor. Simon made a fool of himself complaining that the Voice is "afraid" of Brittany taking their viewers away. He thought there was a "gentleman's agreement" that the Voice would get two nights and his show would get the other two.

If you read the interview, the only person who sounds afraid ( read as terrified) is Simon
    I have no intention to watch The X Factor. I didn't like it before and I would rather have a root canal than watch Brittney.

I didn't like anything about the show last season, except for a couple of singers. Too much glitz and no substance. I used to like Simon, but he went downhill with this show. I think he will eventually admit it was executed poorly and it will be canceled. Next.
    sparklete and AlwaysVeg like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Same. Now, after I have gotten to know both shows, I think I definitely prefer the Voice. Simon's such a loser sometimes.
    Allie and sparklete like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post

Gentleman's agreement?? Hahahahaha. Simon is hilarious. The ratings were close for all three competition shows Wednesday night but The X Factor came in last place.

AGT Finale 11.05 M
    The Voice 10.89 M
    XFactor Premiere 8.73 M

Guess Britney wasn't the huge draw he thought she would be.

AI got very lucky with Kelly Clarkson

"It would be really great if [producers] could help launch the careers of the artists after the show is over, but you know what happens when the show is over? It's time for the next season."

I agree. NBC likes the ratings but does nothing to really promote their winners or contestants other than being on Jay Leno. Maroon 5 took Javier Colon to South America? Ummm wouldn't it be better to tour with him in the US? Plus, Adam has a record company, why isn't he doing more to promote his winner? Don't cry about it after the fact dude.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread