+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: 5/8 The Voice 2: Finale **West Coast Spoilers**

Jermaine wasn't my favorite, but I absolutely loved these results! Why is that? I have not seen a more surprising result from talent reality show in quite some time. Idol has had its WGWG winner for the past four seasons, DwtS winners always seem to be a foregone conclusion by about the third week, and hell, even last season of this show was predictable with Javier.

Now I didn't expect this at all! It made it really intense -- and shall I say fun? -- to watch the results. I mean, Tony Lucca third? Chris Mann less than 1% away from him? Jermaine winning!? Wouldn't have predicted it in years.

And seeing Jermaine's reaction warmed my heart. I loved watching him try to belt out I Believe I Can Fly with his wife in his arms for a good minute. That was sweet. Everyone else on the stage during his final performance was a bit awkward, but let's ignore that fact. Everything else about the results was a thrill to watch.

By the way, does anyone notice a theme here? R. Kelly has the magic touch! Melanie sang with him on the finale of The X Factor, now we got Jermaine here singing his biggest hit. Lesson learned: if you want to win one of these shows, sing some R. Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I think they have to use the entire 16. I bet Jordis and others will be with Tony.
    I noticed this as well, how they tried to squeeze in everyone from the Top 16. But then they had that random ensemble of Kim, Sera, Naia, and Cheesa... Cheesa made the Top 16 so I guess that was understandble. But still, it was a number without any of the finalists, plus it had three contestants that were eliminated in the first round of the live shows. Then I noticed that Mathai, Ashley De La Rosa, and Jesse Campbell were MIA. So I figure that they did this because 1) the show's producers wanted to still fulfill the Top 16 quota, 2) they replaced the three no-shows with three other contestants who made it pretty far, and 3) they wanted to fill up time.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    The only group sings that I liked were Juliet, Jamar, Erin & (gasp!) Ray Lynn.
    Color me shocked as well! RaeLynn sounded great! Now I can see the potential in her. She should really stop that affected voice she does since she proved that she can actually belt it out.

Speaking of Erin, that girl is hilarious! She should try stand-up comedy if singing doesn't work out for her. Her time backstage has always been hilarious.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-09-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 5/8 The Voice 2: Finale **West Coast Spoilers**

Can someone please enlighten me as to why Christina was wearing a sequined diaper last night? lmao Whomever in the wardrobe department that told her that looked flattering on her should be fired immediately. Wow...just wow...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest View Post
    That is what I was wondering! LOL She FORGOT her pants again!!
    Wonder if those were from her skinny days and she has just outgrown them.

FORT Fogey

i am so happy with the results, you have no idea!

YAAAAAAAY for Jermaine. I'm so happy for him. I really think he will work his fanny off to do well with his career. He has come so far. And Finally, my fav won! Plus, I got the prediction right!

So much fun last night. Too bad Christina had to throw Chris under the bus for her own selfish reasons. The guy deserved to be in second place IMO. I just can't help but think she sabotaged him. I honestly think the woman is clueless.
    kateb, sparklete and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    YAAAAAAAY for Jermaine. I'm so happy for him. I really think he will work his fanny off to do well with his career. He has come so far. And Finally, my fav won! Plus, I got the prediction right!

So much fun last night. Too bad Christina had to throw Chris under the bus for her own selfish reasons. The guy deserved to be in second place IMO. I just can't help but think she sabotaged him. I honestly think the woman is clueless.
    I so agree with you Debb and wish I had gone with my heart instead of what I was reading on the internet. When I made my prediction I said I hoped Jermaine would win even though I put Juliet. I agree Chris did deserve 2nd place, but I guess all the stuff between Christina and Adam ruined it for them. Chris out in last place and Tony out 3rd. I thought Tony looked pretty shocked. I loved both nights of this show.

FORT Fogey

Christina was quite immature this season

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7 View Post
    I think Blake had alot to do with Jermaine's win, he's super popular & country music fans would throw their votes his way because of Blake. In a race this close being all four contestants were equally good maybe the mentor was the difference. No matter who won it would not have been a disappointment.
    I don't know how much that really played into it. Adam is wildly popular and it didn't help Tony in the end. I'm not a country fan OR a Blake fan, but I loved Jermaine. IMO, he has the best voice and the best stage presence.

I think the nastiness between Adam and Christina did play a little part in the results (especially in Chris coming in 4th), but I really believe that Jermaine would have won anyway.

I read something on TMZ earlier and one of the other former Mouseketeers is saying that the reason Christina had it in for Tony is that she had a major crush on him back then (apparently, she wasn't alone) and he wasn't interested.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I read something on TMZ earlier and one of the other former Mouseketeers is saying that the reason Christina had it in for Tony is that she had a major crush on him back then (apparently, she wasn't alone) and he wasn't interested.
    That's kind of what I've been thinking.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mari79 View Post
    I liked all the contestants that made it to the finale but i'm super excited for Jermaine and Blake that they took the win. It's unfortunate for Chris Mann that he had Aguilera as his coach however, i think he could have placed higher if not for all the drama IMO.
    Could not agree more! I thought each of the final 4 were good singers, but could not get past the shenanigans Christina pulled. I know she makes for good TV, but I wonder if she is a coach next year will contestants choose the other coaches over her if more than one turn around?

+ Reply to Thread