+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 5/1 The Voice 2: Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/1 The Voice 2: Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh, and I despise all those power dialer apps and all that.
    Allie likes this.

I'm just curious as to how demographics play into the voting for the contestants. For example, Tony's base of fans come from where? Are they his age, younger, female? What about Juliet? Are viewers who do not like rock music voting for her anyway? Are most of those voting teens? Would Jermaine's music appeal to teen girls? Where are Chris' fans coming from? Are they regular viewers who just got turned onto his music when he appeard on The Voice or did they love opera anyway, heard about him being on the show, and showed up that way.

I'm just curious. The final four surprises me. Who would have thought they would have made it based on their style and age.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Good questions, Debb. The only thing that I do know is that rocker girls don't usually do well on these singing shows, as jammyjoe said in the other thread. However, Juliet's voice is unique, to my ears at least. Jamar may have gone thru if he had chosen a different song. He should have stayed with what he was doing, that was getting him votes. Combine that with Juliet doing well....

What really surprised me was the amount of votes that Jermaine received. His number/percentage seemed to be the highest of everyone. Who are those voting for him, I have no clue. Although when I was watching him perform on Monday night, I kept wondering why that guy hasn't been scooped up for modelling gigs too. Never noticed that before, but what he has been singing does not appeal to me at all.

Tony has his twitter followers, he has more than some people who are on TV on a daily/weekly basis. How he built up that sizeable following is incredible. Perhaps he got some from other followers of Justin and Britney, but obviously not from CrazyTina. Haha I don't use Twitter but it seems that Chris Mann is a bit more interactive with his fans. Not to mention, he sings beautifully and is the only one singing opera. This is just all speculation on my part.

I can't believe the finale is a few days away. These last few months dragged during the battle rounds and now the end is near. I really, really don't want another edition in the fall. Overkill.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I love me some Adam, I really do. But......I wish he would have let America decide. Same with Cee Lo, though at least he got it right. If I was Katrina, I would feel beyond upset. She's the only one who won the audience vote that didn't advance. She deserved to be in the finals By the same token, Tony has to wonder whether or not he really earned his spot in the final four. As for Jamar, I do like him, but he didn't look sad to me, he looked pissed!
    Not fair for Katrina. They should just do away with this judges votes. America's vote should carry more weight if they want to retain this format. In fact they should just let America vote in the top 4 regardless of team. It's not really a team if you're only competing against contestants against your own team until the finals. Jamar, although beat Juliet last week, had the misfortune of being on the same team as Ceelo. If he was with team Blake, Xtina or Adam, he would have made the top 4.

As for Adam not going with America's vote I would not have split it 60-40 for Tony. It just showed how he wanted Tony much more. That's a huge difference. He should have split it 51-49 if he likes Tony more than Katrina just so his bias doesn't make it too obvious. Yes we know Katrina wasn't his first choice in very beginning, but her voice is more original than Tony's and she has developed more than him. If I were Katrina, i'd be pissed on Adam.

Ceelo had the most difficult decision as he likes Jamar more than Juliet but he was totally impressed with Juliet's performance that he gave her a standing O. He based his scores on the past week where Jamar outvoted Juliet. By giving Juliet 60%, it ensured that she's going to the finals whether she got America's votes or not.

I like the fact that Blake and Xtina just made it 50/50. I'd rather that America choose it for them, it's not cowardly, it's just the right thing to do. You don't want to be blamed for putting someone through against America's wishes. Adam did it and i think he will be taking some repurcussions from it.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I had everyone right except for Katrina. I thought she would win over Tony. I thought he was good, but hated to see her go.
    You got Katrina right. America voted her in but lost out on Adam's vote. I disagree with this format. There is too much at stake to put one's future in the hands of one judge. Maybe let all 4 judges vote for each contestant with the mentor having the biggest weight. America's vote having a 50% weight while the 4 judges' vote will have 50% weight --- 20% from the mentor while 10% each from the other judges totalling to 50%.
    AsIs and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm just curious as to how demographics play into the voting for the contestants. For example, Tony's base of fans come from where? Are they his age, younger, female? What about Juliet? Are viewers who do not like rock music voting for her anyway? Are most of those voting teens? Would Jermaine's music appeal to teen girls? Where are Chris' fans coming from? Are they regular viewers who just got turned onto his music when he appeard on The Voice or did they love opera anyway, heard about him being on the show, and showed up that way.

I'm just curious. The final four surprises me. Who would have thought they would have made it based on their style and age.

Chris has a LOT of home base support.

Jermaine votes were vs Erin's votes. So his following could be larger or smaller than the other contestants. The votes we get show are not total votes, but a percentage of votes for Team Blake. Not vs the other teams.

I have mixed feelings about the judges votes. I think the voting formats leaves too much power in the hands of people who will never spend a time to sustain their favorite performer should they win. And as a result, the best usually doesn't win and the winner's albums tank. So having a professional able to sway the vote doesn't bother me as much as it bother's others.

That said, with this show and with Idol, you can see how well each performer sells on Itunes. This is cold hard cash. Now part of that sale is the song choice. If my favorite does a song I hate, I'm not going to buy the damn thing. If a contestant I just sort of like does a song I love, I might buy it. Even tho they are not my favorite.

So Adam boosting Tony over Katrina when she has topped him on sales does kind of bug me. She has been out selling Tony pretty consistantly.

I sort of wonder if Adam was on the fence and picked Tony because it had the bonus of pissy off Christina. But I do believe Adam felt Tony had the better chance to win and I think he blew it. The three guys will be competing for votes. And that may be the difference this year.

Last year the three girls competed for votes and Javier won. I think it is Juliet's this year. Would have been more interesting if it had been two girls and two guys.
    JunkieGirl, Allie, Debb70 and 1 others like this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I seriously hope Juliet takes it all... talk about a Man's World for her right now!

On a side note, the hubby and I probably won't watch next year if Christina is still a judge. I like the show and I like the format, but that woman grates on me to the point of anger. Nearly everything out of her mouth we're both looking at each other saying "Where does she get off SAYING that!" Telling Katrina that if she was her coach she would have made her sound like someone other than Lauren Hill. Loved Adam's comeback that "Katrina sounds like Katrina".

In my opinion she is the most egotistical diva that we have ever seen. Everything is about her. Last season I think the other guys tolerated her, but this season it's showing on their faces and in their snarky comments back to her that they aren't impressed. When she starts singing along I cringe... I think she sings too much in her throat and has totally lost any tone she might have once had in her voice. Everything about her is fake and it shows. Ugh.
    sunshine3331 and Debb70 like this.

I would have preferred if Jamar stayed in.
    And, IMO, Teddy Pendergrass was smiling down on him when e sang that old Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes song.
    I like Juliet, but some of the stuff she does with her voice turns me off. And, I think she copies Florence & the Machine a bit too much. I wish her personality / style was more like Beverly from last year. I loved that woman, probably even more so because she seemed so vulnerable and nice.
    I did like Juliet's Man's World rendition, though, as well as Roxanne, though I thought she got a bit over the top with the latter.
    I liked Katrina. I'm not a fan of Tony's. I do think he's benefitting from Cristina's digs to him. My thought is that he was on the Mickey Mouse Club 20 years ago and Christina, Britney and Justin all made it big. And, he's doing WHAT these days?!!
    I do think Chris's operatic voice is good for the show and shows what the show is all about. Not sure he's my fave, though.
    I really like Jermaine. He's good looking and suave with a great voice.
    But, he is R & B and Javier, another R & B singer, won last year.
    Not sure that America is going to give it to another R & B singer.
    Debb70 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm not so sure Javier fits into R&B in any way.

I hate that Jamar is gone. I had him winning it all. Not sure if I care who wins at this point.
    norealityhere likes this.

+ Reply to Thread