+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 5/1 The Voice 2: Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/1 The Voice 2: Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Now that Katrina is out, I don't have a favorite. I think I will end up pulling for Jermaine. I think I like his voice the best. Chis, Tony and Juliet are fine singers, but I'm just not that wild about them. I'm pretty sure who will win it though.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Sorry but I don't think Tony has to wonder any such thing. I feel like the only reason he struggled last night was song choice. He performed great, but I wasn't fond of the song. His vocals were on point though as was his stage presence. I thought Katrina did well also, but I'm Team Lucca all the way.

Honestly, I'm surprised that Tony had so few votes. He has more Twitter followers than all of the other contestants combined. That means his fan base is there. Hopefully this news will be the wakeup call his fans need to get out and vote next week. He has the backing to win it all because of his social media presence. He just has to make the right song choice and fans have to vote.

Adam knows Tony has a better shot. He's known it all along. Where Tony has struggled is song choice. He needs another FU Xtina moment to seal the deal.
    Honestly, I'm rooting for Juliet, so it's not really a matter of preference for Tony or Katrina to me You - and Adam - may be absolutely right that Tony has a better shot at winning! Perhaps though he should have watched an episode or two of Idol - he would have had it drilled into his head how important song choice is

I guess I just don't like the judges influence this far in. I'm ok with the auto elimination, and I don't mind the "judge's save" of the bottom three. I just feel like when it's down to the F2 in each team and America votes....that should actually mean something. Otherwise theoretically, with the way this competition is set up, the judge's favorite could end up as the team finalist regardless of whether they had any audience wins or not I know that isn't the case with Tony, I'm just saying it's possible.
    Last edited by Katydyd; 05-02-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Now that Katrina is out, I don't have a favorite. I think I will end up pulling for Jermaine. I think I like his voice the best. Chis, Tony and Juliet are fine singers, but I'm just not that wild about them. I'm pretty sure who will win it though.
    Who? I'm curious.

I actually am not sure. I know who I want to win but I was positive that Jamar had this in the bag. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Who? I'm curious.

I actually am not sure. I know who I want to win but I was positive that Jamar had this in the bag. Now I'm not so sure anymore.
    Even before they do their finale performances, I predict Juliet will win, unless something crazy happens like she gets sick or loses her voice.

Have any of you read about the finale in which they will bring back the top 4 from last season? I read there is a rift between Adam and Xavier who won last season. I'm not sure if it's true. I'll try to find a link about it. IT said that there is rift because the guy refused to follow advice and his record sales suffered, therefore Adam has washed his hands of him. Anyone hear of this?

[Perez Hilton link deleted. You can google his blog to read the story.]

There has to be more to it than this.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.

The final four were in last nights show. On last nights show, Javier said that he was going to be opening for Maroon 5 for some of their shows this summer. So I think whatever rift there is is overblown.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Even before they do their finale performances, I predict Juliet will win, unless something crazy happens like she gets sick or loses her voice.
    I would love for her to win, she's my favorite of the remaining ones. I'm not so sure that it's that clear cut, though. Chris M has a ready made rabid fan base. Tony L has a massive twitter following. Jermaine shouldn't be ruled out either. I think this is a real race with the final four.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I had everyone right except for Katrina. I thought she would win over Tony. I thought he was good, but hated to see her go. I think this must have really made Christina mad as she had told Adam to stay with Katrina. She really seems to have something against Tony. I was sad about Jamar as he was good as well. I liked Erin and was sad for her too. Guess I liked them all. I agree with Harmony that it will be a real race with the final four. Even Juliett who was incredible with It's A Man's World has had other performances that were not as good. I think it will depend on song choice. I also wish they would straighten out the sound.

FORT Fogey

I know it's not the way this show works, but it would've been nice to have the top four regardless of team in the finals. My top four would've been: Jamar, Juliette, Tony, and Jermaine.

Well, seeing last night's show just reminded me of how much better I liked last season. I loved Dia last season, although she wasn't quite as good last night. It was great to see Beverly be her brave, let-it-all-hang-out self again. Her energy and joy are infectious. Loved seeing Vicki perform again. And Javier was good, but I wouldn't spend money on him. I like the ladies better. All together, though, I think they have more talent and personality than this current bunch. If not raw talent, then certainly that stage presence that makes you stand out.

Honestly, 3 out of 4 of tonight's results were not a surprise to me. The only one I truly thought could go either way was Juliet/Jamar. Although I don't like Juliet's personality, I can't deny that she has talent, so I guess if she wins then she'll deserve it. That will be the second season in a row, however, that somebody I didn't like won. If she does win, then I might give up and go back to Idol.

As for Tony, I didn't mind him going through because I think he has performed better. I also think that he has a better chance to win. And just because he doesn't have the highest download number doesn't necessarily mean that he's not doing it well. It could be infamous "Idol curse" where people assume their contestant is doing well and so vote for others. Last year Dia had the highest number of downloads and she still lost.

Forgot to add: I admired Blake and Christina for splitting their vote evenly. America got screwed bad enough when TPTB pulled that "surprise elimination" thing. I'm glad these two judges had the courage to give America a real say. I also liked that they didn't make one contestant feel bad. That was painful to hear Adam and Ce-Lo blathering on to their contestant that they gave the fewer votes to. "Most Improved"? Really? That's the kind of silly award that even kids know doesn't mean anything other than you lost.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Unfortunately, my faves were Jamar and Juliette. I am confident after my second season of watching that I do not like the way the eliminations are done on this show! I like the audition process and that's about it. I like the idea of the battle rounds but I don't like the team/team member showdown. It should be team against competing team during the battle rounds. The performance leg I hate they air 2 teams one episode and the next 2 teams another episode. I can't keep how things play out week to week after auditions and battle rounds. Also, after the audition process is done..the judges immediately throw the "we don't care what you look like nor act like, we are looking for The Voice" right out the window. Lex is a perfect example of that. Sommatime, couldn't hold a candle to Lexin that battle round! There were a few other battleround victors that I didn't agree with. I'm getting sick of all these judge and producer manipulations, contests and backstories. I just want to see talent, performances and to be entertained.
    Debb70, Babbred and sparklete like this.

+ Reply to Thread