+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 4/9 The Voice 2 Second Group to Sing for Votes **West Coast Spoiilers**

Re: 4/9 The Voice 2 Second Group to Sing for Votes **West Coast Spoiilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Try as I might I cannot figure out how to take out parts of a message and leave certain ones in. So this question is for anyone who knows the answer.

Click reply with quote, before you post, go into the quote part, remove the stuff you don't want to quote, but don't remove any of the coding (stuff in brackets).

Interesting note: This week only 5 placed in Itunes Top 200 downloads, last week I believe it was 9 people.

Juliet was tops by far at #20

The other four
    Jamar
    Mathai
    James
    Pip

Neither of the Tony's placed which I was surprised at. Maybe it was a combo of their performances and the song choices. While I liked some of the performances last night, I couldn't stand the songs, so I am not going to download them.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    No! Last week she was awful, this week she was horrendous!
    On TVLine she's the only one who got an "F".

I'm surprised that those were the ones who broke the top 200. Mostly about Mathai and Tony D not being on there.

Try as I might I cannot figure out how to take out parts of a message and leave certain ones in. So this question is for anyone who knows the answer.

I must have been hiding under a rock - what is Jamar's connection to Gokey?
    If memory serves me correctly, they are friends and auditioned together for American Idol.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I must have been hiding under a rock - what is Jamar's connection to Gokey?
    Jamar was his "best friend". The one who "saw him through" the death of his wife. Google their names together and you will see it. I want to like Jamar but I have such an issue with Gokey. But I can say that Jamar can sing, he can really sing. Long as he keeps it toned down and doesn't start the crazy on me, I will be just fine. I do like how happy and filled with joy Jamar seems to be. He just needs to tone it down a few notches sometimes.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Jamar was his "best friend". The one who "saw him through" the death of his wife. Google their names together and you will see it. I want to like Jamar but I have such an issue with Gokey. But I can say that Jamar can sing, he can really sing. Long as he keeps it toned down and doesn't start the crazy on me, I will be just fine. I do like how happy and filled with joy Jamar seems to be. He just needs to tone it down a few notches sometimes.
    Thank you for telling me this. I remember Danny Gokey well and I think we feel the same about him. Why I am not remembering the Jamar connection may be because of my not paying much attention to Danny. I agree that Jamar did well last night and he sure seemed to be a crowd pleaser.

Since Mathai was in the top 200 downloads I guess I will not be doing very well in the prediction game. Last night I felt like the ones I expected to do great turned out to not do as well because of song choice and others I expected to be disappointed in did better. I don't think I ever will be able to figure out who the public finds appealing.

Thanks AsIs and JavaJo for the instructions. One of these times it will work for me.

Since Mathai was in the top 200 downloads I guess I will not be doing very well in the prediction game. Last night I felt like the ones I expected to do great turned out to not do as well because of song choice and others I expected to be disappointed in did better. I don't think I ever will be able to figure out who the public finds appealing.
    Same here, I would never have predicted Mathai would be one of the favorites. Oh well.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Pip - GOD! Is this over yet? It just goes on and on and on, just when I'm sure there are no more singers out pops another. Can't wait till there are a ton less of these people.
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks two hours is way too long. I'm really getting burned out on these singing shows, and it's because they are just too long. It doesn't help that there is no one on this show (or on Idol) who has caught my fancy this year.
    Babbred likes this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks two hours is way too long. I'm really getting burned out on these singing shows, and it's because they are just too long. It doesn't help that there is no one on this show (or on Idol) who has caught my fancy this year.
    They are doing themselves and these contestants a huge disservice by having it so long. I am staring at the screen with a glazed over look on my face by the time the last singer comes around. I can't even remember the first singer anymore at that point. This is after I've fast forwarded through the commercials, the intros, and the judges comments. I can't imagine how much more painful it is watching these 2 hour shows live.

I'm the same way. There are some good singers on both but there isn't one that has me just dying to hear their next performance. They all seem very one note and boring to me this year. Yet I will keep on watching because I'm addicted to them, lol, I tried to break the AI addiction last year but dang if it didn't suck me right back in. Stupid shows.

I think I will watch The Voice eliminations tonight instead of DWTS. Switch back and forth between which one I watch live and which recorded. I really wish they would realize that there are other days of the week than Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and other time slots.
    Babbred likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I pretty much FF through the show. I watch the performances - or at least until I can't stand it anymore. And I usually listen to the critiques, such as they are.

Did James get better as he went along? Because the first 30-60 seconds were excruciating to me, and I couldn't listen anymore. Harmony, I really agreed with your assessment. He has a very thin voice, and that song made it painfully obvious. I had to cleanse my ears and brain with the original from Norah Jones.

Last week Jermaine was the 5th highest seller on Blake's team, but was in the top three for votes. And his second or third highest singer was booted from the show. I remember Jordis was 4th, but #1 on the rock chart.

So Itunes is just one measure of popularity. I think it should weigh more heavy on the outcome tho. If a zillion teeny boppers are voting a zillion times for thier favorite boy, but arn't buying songs, it won't bode well for that singers album sales.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread