+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: 4/9 The Voice 2 Second Group to Sing for Votes **West Coast Spoiilers**

Re: 4/9 The Voice 2 Second Group to Sing for Votes **West Coast Spoiilers**

Yeah, still not an Erin fan. That was awful! Truly.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    IMO Christina is scared of Tony making it. He has a bit of a name and the support of people like Timberlake who did indeed tweet for him today. Tony has more twitter followers than probably all other contestants combined. He has been featured on the Friday Night Lights soundtrack and has developed himself a loyal fan base over the years. I think Adam will save him because he has the backing to win it for him. The other judges know with him in it they'll have their work cut out for them.
    My high school age daughter was in the room for his performance and when Christina made her comments my daughter said "Wonder what kind of personal issues she has with him!"

Catching up with last night's show:

First girl - so boring I already forgot her name.

Cheesa (CHEESE-A? I thought you guys were mocking her when you kept spelling it that way) - What on earth is she wearing? On her body and on her face? She is not a great singer, I still think CeeLo put the wrong one through. I'm hoping she goes home tonight, she stinks and she can take Erin with her.

Jamar - I just can't get past the Gokey connection, smart of him to not even mention it. "I don't have fans, I have family." Oh for the love of pete, somebody shut this guy up.

Tony D - read ya'lls comments and I'm already dreading the Christina hate. Adam, why would you give your guy a song you know he can't do? Do you want him to fail? Hmmm....this isn't very good. I can see why he didn't achieve the same success as the others. He's really boring and not that good of a singer. Doesn't matter, he's got the fans to see him through a really bad song choice. Why is Christina looking down so much? Is she reading something she pre-wrote? Her comments were very strange, she's definitely trying to derail him.

Kim - I liked her from previous shows, let's see if she can keep me liking her. Somebody please ban all Adele songs from this show. Please. She's got such a great voice, I wish she'd chosen a different song. She's doing a good job on it but I am so over Adele covers.

James - I really wish he'd stop with the dang headbands and the same style of jackets. He's doing OK with this song, well other than that really sour note just now. He's got such a weak voice, there is no power there at all. Really thin, it cracks if he even reaches for any type of note. I really don't get the girls loving him, I really really don't. I guess I just don't understand what young girls like.

Juliet - 5 record deals? Hmmmm.....I've always been told that if the same thing happens over and over that perhaps you should look at yourself to see if you are the problem. I do like her voice but I absolutely hate what she's wearing! I really wish she hadn't "worn that dress" tonight. Why on earth is she crying? Other than that, I really like this. Easily the best so far for me. I was really disappointed with all the ones before her.

Mathai - Man, this girl is so pretty. I like her voice. I would buy her music and that of Juliet's. She had a couple of really off notes in there, not sure this was the right song for her. She could be in danger. The song wasn't exciting enough, especially coming after Juliet.

Tony V - I love this song. Love, love, I'm nervous about him singing it because I love this song so much. Why is he up on a podium like that? I don't know about this staging, it is very distracting. He's doing OK on the song. Parts are really good but other parts are pretty sketchy.

Karla - I don't like her. Not her personally, I just don't like her as a singer. Hoping she goes home tomorrow. This is not good, I think Adam doesn't care if she goes home or not so he didn't help her that much. She's not the one he's banking on to win.

Erin - Does CeeLo know she's got a girlfriend? I don't think she's all that pretty. He just likes that she wears almost no clothing. No, CeeLo she is not winning her naysayers over. I think most of us still can't stand her and want her gone right away. I bet it's killing her wearing so much clothing. She probably feels over dressed (eye rolls). That was horrible, no amount of staging is going to disguise the fact that she cannot sing.

Pip - GOD! Is this over yet? It just goes on and on and on, just when I'm sure there are no more singers out pops another. Can't wait till there are a ton less of these people. I'm glad he lost the bowtie for the practice.....and there it is back again....sighs. Well Adam, you got your wish. That was not perfect. His voice is warbling all over the place. What is with these horrible song choices? I feel like I'm watching Idol.

Jamar - Please be the last one, please be the last one. I can't take much more of this. It's been going on way too long. YAY! Last one. I want to like Jamar but I just can't get past that Gokey thing and the way he kind of reminds me of him. If he'd just keep his mouth shut and sing, I would really be into him. He just needs to shut up and stop making me remember Gokey. WTF with the stilts? So distracting! Jamar is KILLING this. Love it, love it but just can't bring myself to love him. Maybe he can get me to change my mind if he keeps singing like this. I think he may end up winning it all, he can sing and has a compelling back story.

Best of the night:

Juliet, Kym, Jamar, Mathai

Worst of the night:

Erin, Cheesa, James, Pip

Finally --- Poor Adam, finding out your girlfriend has dumped you via a magazine article!
    BuckeyeAddict and mindy384 like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Finally --- Poor Adam, finding out your girlfriend has dumped you via a magazine article!
    Are we talking Adam as in Levine? 'Cause if so...geez, is she nuts?????! Oh well, if you need a shoulder to lean on, Adam, don't worry, I gotcha.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Are we talking Adam as in Levine? 'Cause if so...geez, is she nuts?????! Oh well, if you need a shoulder to lean on, Adam, don't worry, I gotcha.
    Man! It's everywhere! First saw it on US Weekly that she blind sided him by making an announcement in People about them being broken up. Now though they are both putting out statements about how they deeply care for each other, blah blah.

I'm amazed that he did so well last night considering he knew this was about to break. I read here that somebody said something about him being "off". I didn't have time to respond to that comment last night, was watching DWTS and checking here during commercials. But that's why he was off, he had just been very publically dumped.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 04-10-2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Man! It's everywhere! First saw it on US Weekly and now all the other ones are picking it up. ET even did a bit on it. She's telling all her friends to introduce her to guys, evidently she did it because he wouldn't marry her.

I'm amazed that he did so well last night considering he knew this was about to break. I read here that somebody said something about him being "off". I didn't have time to respond to that comment last night, was watching DWTS and checking here during commercials. But that's why he was off, he had just been very publically dumped.
    She's probably trying to send him a message so he'll go running back to her and drop on one knee with a proposal, but if he 'ain't the marrying kind, he 'ain't the marrying kind. Period.

Can someone remember to wake me up when The Voice becomes entertaining (aside from lusting after Adam, that is ).
    Uncle David and Babbred like this.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Yeah, still not an Erin fan. That was awful! Truly.
    No! Last week she was awful, this week she was horrendous!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    My high school age daughter was in the room for his performance and when Christina made her comments my daughter said "Wonder what kind of personal issues she has with him!"
    For real! First she acted like she didn't remember him at the blind auditions. Now she's really insulting him. I think she took a beating on Twitter over the whole forgetting him thing and she doesn't want him around to remind her. On MMC he was in the older kids group while Christina was about 3 years younger. I can't see them hanging out back then. Tony was dating Keri Russel at the time. Perhaps she still hates him for choosing Felicity over her. lol
    bee stung lips and Babbred like this.
    Do you want to see the Cook Islands Great Humpback Whale? Ozazy Lusth from Survivor! Ozzy, I want to see the great cook Islands Humpback Whale!

Try as I might I cannot figure out how to take out parts of a message and leave certain ones in. So this question is for anyone who knows the answer.

I must have been hiding under a rock - what is Jamar's connection to Gokey?

+ Reply to Thread