+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 4/3 The Voice 2: First Week Results **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/3 The Voice 2: First Week Results **West Coast Spoilers**

Xtina, no! Sera was the clear choice. If Jordis would sing like she did on Wild Horses, I'd be a fan.

FORT Fogey

Gee. I thought this show was Sera's to lose. True. She's crazy-good.

I've lost a bit of interest in this show all of a sudden. Not quite sure why, although I think much has to do with the crop of talent. Many are just so contrived that they are boring. I like Blake but I think he picked a bunch of "contrived" performers this season...not all, but many. The girls who went home are good examples. Ugh.

The only really authentic and unique voice I've heard from both seasons is Xenia from season 1.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    As the show morphs into Rock Star,
    This show could only wish it could morph into Rock Star.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Jordis Unga singing Wild Horses.

Damn, wish she sang this last night. Tons better than Alone!
    I find Jordis to be very "some-timey"...sometimes she sings well and others not so much. She was the same way on Rock Star...some weeks good, other weeks terrible.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Last night surprised me as I totally had Blake's team completely wrong except for RaeLynn. I just knew she was going to be popular with the voters and she ended up doing very well with the downloads. I am finding that lots of today's music choices does not focus on the voice in many cases. Lots of times it seems to focus on the personality of a person. For Christina's team I had that completely right with the exception of the save of Ashley instead of Sera. I really thought she would pick Sera. Sera was the one that she went up on stage and sang with. I agree with the Harmony2000 about them already knowing who they want to focus on for the possible win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Gee. I thought this show was Sera's to lose. True. She's crazy-good.

I've lost a bit of interest in this show all of a sudden. Not quite sure why, although I think much has to do with the crop of talent. Many are just so contrived that they are boring. I like Blake but I think he picked a bunch of "contrived" performers this season...not all, but many. The girls who went home are good examples. Ugh.

The only really authentic and unique voice I've heard from both seasons is Xenia from season 1.
    Some people, myself included, cannot stand the style that Sera sings, and all those runs and what not. Just not my thing, and I won't miss her.

However, I do agree about losing interest in the show. It was almost guaranteed during the battle rounds that the person I preferred was going to be eliminated. Not really anyone on either Blake or Christina's teams. Hoping that there is better on Adam's or Ceelo's.
    BuckeyeAddict and Harmony2000 like this.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Apologies. It's been a long week so I'm just now catching up to the show on my day off.

Team Blake--Winners

Where in the world to start?

Erin--wasn't spectacular, but she did a good job so I didn't mind her going through.

Jermaine--good voice, but didn't like the song choice. I agree with whoever said that it felt weird hearing "Livin' On a Prayer" come from him. Almost as if he had belted out a Springsteen tune. It just didn't jibe.

RaeLynn (I feel grubby just typing her name)--Worst. Performer. I. Have. Ever. Seen. Honey, "cringe worthy" doesn't even begin to describe last night's performance. That hot mess was more like "watch this if you need to induce vomiting on a poisoning victim." And tonight's little "performance" was just as horrible. Squealing, jumping, and over-exaggerated beauty-pageant-style surprise may be perfectly ok after you just won the Big Game or got chosen as Prom Queen. It comes across as no-class and tacky on one of these shows. I'm really sorry if there are country fans reading this, but honestly, you can have her once this show is over. Since I don't like country (and I'm a Texan!), I will happily hand her over to you so that I never have to see or hear from her again. And Blake, if this is what the face of "the next generation of country looks like," then you just reinforced why I still won't be listening to your genre.

Losers

I was so sorry to see this trio in the B3. I far would have preferred to see them in the Top 3. Maia's was my favorite performance last night, followed closely by Charlotte. Jordis was pretty good, but as somebody said, that song she sang has been done to death. Her performance was just standard rocker for me. I'm really hoping I'll see some great performances out of her like everybody says she did on that other show, because so far I'm just mweh about her.

I also agree with those who say they're rapidly losing interest in the show. Team Blake does nothing for me now. I will definitely FF thru RaeLynn's performance in a couple of weeks. No. Forget that. I'll have hubby FF for me so I won't even have to watch her. I'd like to keep my dinner down.

Team Christina--Winners

Jesse--loved his rendition of "World," so glad he got saved. Also loved his reaction at the news--that split second's pause as the news sank in was just priceless.

Lindsay--again, loved her.

Chris--a word about operatic singing. I totally get that it's not everybody's cup of tea. That's ok. Like I said above, I hate country, so it's all good. However, I should point out that you can make good money singing this way. Andrea Bocelli has been making tons of money worldwide as an opera/crossover singer. I once saw a music video of him singing "Born to Fly" (Chris' audition song) at an outdoor concert at a resort in Las Vegas. Holy mackerel, the looks on the (mostly older) women's faces was positively ecstatic. It was the same look you get when you worship a rock star when you're younger. No wonder the guy has made fortune singing this way.

Given all that, I find it kind of ironic that I was on the fence about Chris. His tone just sounds so thin to me. I'd far rather listen to Bocelli's warm, rich tones. (Ok, true confession. I'm one of those older women who swoons over him. You can have your young country, Blake, I'll take me some old Andrea. ) I'm glad that a genre other than the usual pop/rock is being represented, though, so I hope Chris does well.

Losers

Didn't expect Moses to make it through, although he sang well on the results show. I wasn't unhappy, just because I'm not a fan of rap music, either. I had enough of it on The X-Factor.

Like everybody else, I was totally shocked that Christina let Sera go. Really? Seriously? Like I tell my hubby sometimes, I'm shocked--and not in a good way. And might I add that that I loved Sera's outfits both nights.

Speaking of which, yes, it was nice to see Christina toned down on performance night. However, maybe I'm just crazy, but I hated her eye-makeup. When the show first began, I thought, "Huh? What's up with the raccoon look?"
    Harmony2000 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I was so sorry to see this trio in the B3. I far would have preferred to see them in the Top 3. Maia's was my favorite performance last night, followed closely by Charlotte. Jordis was pretty good, but as somebody said, that song she sang has been done to death. Her performance was just standard rocker for me. I'm really hoping I'll see some great performances out of her like everybody says she did on that other show, because so far I'm just mweh about her.
    Google Jordis Unga Man Who Sold The World. Watch her and then you will hear why some of us fell in love with her during Rockstar: INXS and why I for one am saying that this is not the same woman. I have no idea what happened to her but she doesn't even sound the same! Also check out her Baba O'Riley and Heart-Shaped Box. What a difference 6 years have made and not for the better. Baba O'Riley was her first performance on the show and she slammed it. I just watched her again on Heart-Shaped Box, where is this dynamic performer? What has happened to her?

I enjoyed your comments, they were really on point and funny.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 04-06-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Yeah, Jordis is not the performer that she was years ago. I guess trying to make a living in the music industry has taken it's toll on her. That's probably why she has no confidence either, because she hasn't found the success she so wants to. I'm not sure what the smoking law is like in L.A or if they've changed it, but her voice could have been ravaged by singing in smoky clubs too. Or maybe she smokes? One thing's for sure, she isn't that same girl from INXS.

Great post Babb. I'm certainly no lover of opera singing, but on occasions when I've listened to it, it is quite pleasant. Especially Andrea. I don't swoon but he is very pleasant to my ears. Same with that opera girl on AGT last season. With Chris, I'm on the fence about him. While he does sing beautifully, I just don't know if I want to listen to him for another few weeks.

And Blake, if this is what the face of "the next generation of country looks like," then you just reinforced why I still won't be listening to your genre.
    No kidding! I do like country but if Ray Lynn is representative of the new face of country? ACK! Skylar from AI maybe, but not RL.

Actually I quite liked Gwen Sebastian. There was something in her voice that reminded of country music way, way back, such as Loretta Lynn or Dolly Parton.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I wish it was like last year.
    CA, I thought it was different last year, too.
    I thought they didn't have the saves until the very end.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast