+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

Re: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

They both are great!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Though I understand why Christina paired them, it`s also too bad that she did.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Christina keeps Jessie. That was fairly predicted from the start.

So far, both singers coached by Miranda advanced on Team Blake, and both singers coached by Lionel Richie on Team Christina have advanced.

I wonder if this pattern will continue?

I was wondering that myself xmaskat!
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I watched Nashville Star season one when Miranda Lambert came in 3rd place. RaeLynn is so much like Miranda was back then (starting out), it is quite amazing.
    Not fair! No wonder RL won. Adley blew her away
    cubsfan55 likes this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Though I understand why Christina paired them, it`s also too bad that she did.
    Both were terrific. It is too bad they were matched against each other. Hopefully because of their near equal talent they will each have a fair chance at stardom.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

I never watched this show but found out Tony Vincent is on . Did he make it to the next round?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

What has impressed me so far is that the show went for the first 17 minutes without a commercial.

If by Tony Vincent you mean the former Mousketeer, yes he won his round as part of Adam's team.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Jucamer, Tony Vincent hasn't had a battle round yet. Tony Lucca did perform tonight in the first battle.

Ariel, Tony Vincent is the bald guy who sang Queen for his audition and is a Broadway performer.

I'm gonna have to watch the show in it's entirety tomorrow as I missed Cheesa vs Angie, Anthony vs Jesse.

I'm disappointed that Blake chose Rae Lynn over Adley. While I don't think Adley is that strong (she has only been singing for what 10 months?) she was definitely stronger than Rae Lynn tonight. Whether or not Miranda had a say in his choice, I don't know. Maybe working with the two of them, she may be a surprise later on. I see her going out the same round as Casey Weston from last year. She is not ready for this yet.

Tony Luca vs Chris. I'm pretty sure when Chris was chosen, I knew that these two would battle each other. Personally, I liked Chris better in some parts and Tony was just meh.

Chris Mann vs Monique. While I do think that Chris has the best voice of the competition, I did like what Monique did tonight. These two come from two different places and perhaps Chris will gain more from performing in front of a live audience more than Monique would. But damn, she was great! Their harmonies sounded kinda awkward.

Jordis vs Brian. Wow that went all kinds of wrong. Doing it as a duet ACK!! It's really difficult to sing Alannis songs. I didn't like Josh & Alannis singing together on XFactor but after a few more listens, I grew to like it. I think this is do or die for Jordis, which is why she is so nervous. If she can't get a record made soon, it might just not happen for her. It was strange that they had her hair down when she met with her mentors, she kinda looked like Alannis. The subtlety is not lost on me, producers. lol I do prefer her look now, more than the dreads.

I'm wondering if Tony Lucca will win this thing as he came into this show with 500,000 twitter followers. He's gained another 30,000+ since. If he can rally those fans into voting, it might be a done deal at this point. I know that twitter followers aren't the be-all and end-all of voters, but in Tony's case it is a huge advantage over his other competitors.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread