+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

Re: 3/5 The Voice 2: Battle Round 1 Show Discussion

I would never buy a RaeLynn record as she is right now. Ish. I'm hoping to miss her future singing at this point.
    norealityhere likes this.

Really disappointed tonight so far. I have felt that both Adam and Blake made their choices before a note was sung. I didn't feel like that this much last season.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I watched Nashville Star season one when Miranda Lambert came in 3rd place. RaeLynn is so much like Miranda was back then (starting out), it is quite amazing.

Adley Stump vocally stumped Raelynn there of "Free Fallin". Raelynn has the better non-voiced related package, once again the real world of package over voice is illustrated. Raelynn wins

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Really disappointed tonight so far. I have felt that both Adam and Blake made their choices before a note was sung. I didn't feel like that this much last season.
    I find myself thinking the same way. I really hope this isn't indicative of what's to come.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Oh my goodness I had to pop in here and say how bad the pitch sounded with RaeLynn... she's young and needs to work on all that and tempo too.
    ITA--when she opened her mouth and sang those first few notes, I cringed. I figured she'd blown it from the get go because she was noticeably off pitch. Obviously I wasn't the only one hearing that either, or seeing a lack of confidence, because CeeLo and Christina were hearing the same thing. I think Blake must have had his mind made up before he started, and barring RaeLynn being unable to sing a note, he was picking her anyway.

I think it's a mistake. She's just so young that she'd probably be better off having some time to grow up some and get in some more training before embarking on a musical career. I must say the other singer--Natalie?--was certainly gracious in her exit though, particularly considering that Blake was apparently the only one who didn't think she outsang RaeLynn.
    cubsfan55 and sparklete like this.

I think Cee Lo and Xtina were honest. Adlay won that hands down. I don't trust Adam. I like Adam, but Adam plays mind games with the other coaches. I think Blake does this as well. But I think Adam picked Raelynn because she is weaker but hits Blake's soft spot.

Dia was special. I really hope does't get caught up trying to replace her. I hope he goes in a different direction this year. Or he will fail.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Christina's

Chris (classical singer) vs. Monique (pop singer who wants to help her family; she also doesn't know how to read music) -"The Power of Love"

I don't even particularly like RaeLynn's package. Maybe she'll sell well in the pop country world. I don't listen to country music so I wouldn't know. She just comes off as awfully juvenile to me and her voice... if she doesn't have damaged vocal chords yet she will soon because the way she's forcing some of that singing is not good for them. I could see them using processing to clean up her tempo and pitch issues but as a live performer I just can't deal with it.

I was hoping they would make it less obvious this season when they were pairing their less favorites against favorites.

Chris gets to meet Lionel as his mentor.

Christina gets to continue to show off her "girls".

+ Reply to Thread