+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 2/20 The Voice Season 2 Blind Auditions

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/20 The Voice Season 2 Blind Auditions

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I thought he sounded great too.

I also liked ALyX... until I saw her name.
    I'm not really a country music person myself, and even I wanted to hear more from Jordan.
    Debb70 likes this.

Mathai is the last artist of the night.

I'm thinking there's a last chance night?

She barely gets through the first line of "Rumour Has It" and Adam's already turned around. Blake follows shortly after. Cee Lo just after that.

Mathai chooses Adam. I think it's a good choice.

Adam only has 2 spots left.

I'm not sure how many spots the others have left.

They all have to be getting close to their 12 limit.

How many blind auditions are left? I know next week for sure, but is there another week after that? They may not have the call back auditions this time around since the teams all seem to be filling up fast.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Mathai is the last artist of the night.

I'm thinking there's a last chance night?
    Sure hope so. They let go some good people.

I only watched a couple of the blind auditions last year and none of what followed, but I'm really hooked this year. I think it's much more engaging from the get-go than American Idol. They're completely through the audition and Hollywood rounds and I still don't have a connection to anyone on that show, but the way they're introduced and fought over by the judges in Voice, you get an immediate hook. I look forward to the rest of the season.
    sparklete likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

As much as I love Cee-lo, Adam, and Blake, I find it hard to take this show seriously most of the time. It seems as though only the mediocre singers are getting through. I thought the guy who did the song by The Black Keys sounded great, yet not one of the judges turned around for him, citing that his voice just wasn't right for any of them. Well, um, if that girl with the weird sounding voice, (the former model, can't remember her name) last week could get through--and I did love the uniqueness of her voice, then pretty much any style of voice should be able to. And then after telling him that, they went on to let lesser, more mediocre versions of that same style of voice through...huh?

Also, help me Lord, I just can't get past the so-desperate-to-be-a-diva-on-the-level-of-Aretha Franklin- wannabe that is Christina Aguilera. Telling Cee-lo, "I've been doing this since I was four years old"...please...she absolutely ruins this show for me. Aside from oversinging every note she's ever uttered in a song, she has nothing. Can't stand Carson Daley either. He's a poor man's Ryan Seacrest. What a dweeb...

The only person I found remotely interesting last night was the last girl Mattae, or whatever the heck her name was. She was good--REALLY good, and thankfully, my man Adam had the good fortune to end up with her on his team.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    As much as I love Cee-lo, Adam, and Blake, I find it hard to take this show seriously most of the time. It seems as though only the mediocre singers are getting through. I thought the guy who did the song by The Black Keys sounded great, yet not one of the judges turned around for him, citing that his voice just wasn't right for any of them. Well, um, if that girl with the weird sounding voice, (the former model, can't remember her name) last week could get through--and I did love the uniqueness of her voice, then pretty much any style of voice should be able to. And then after telling him that, they went on to let lesser, more mediocre versions of that same style of voice through...huh?

Also, help me Lord, I just can't get past the so-desperate-to-be-a-diva-on-the-level-of-Aretha Franklin- wannabe that is Christina Aguilera. Telling Cee-lo, "I've been doing this since I was four years old"...please...she absolutely ruins this show for me. Aside from oversinging every note she's ever uttered in a song, she has nothing. Can't stand Carson Daley either. He's a poor man's Ryan Seacrest. What a dweeb...

The only person I found remotely interesting last night was the last girl Mattae, or whatever the heck her name was. She was good--REALLY good, and thankfully, my man Adam had the good fortune to end up with her on his team.
    ITA. Those with very limited voices seem to fair quite well on this show this year. I don't get it.

I watch almost all of the singing contest type shows and I have tried to like The Voice, but I still do not like it as much as Idol. the X Factor didn't pan out either. I will still watch The Voice, but I'm very underwhelmed with some of the picks they are crazy about. It'll be interesting to see how they turn out when they go toe to toe in the first competition.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast