+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

Re: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

I really didn't think anyone was going to turn around. I'm surprised Cee Lo did.

Cee Lo's cutaway with his cat cracked me up! I couldn't listen to a word he said and take it seriously.

Glad Cee Lo turned around. What a boon for this young man.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    I want the coaches to work with different artists and Blake had a similar duo last year.
    I've been wondering if that's a conscious decision they're trying to make? I wonder if they're actively looking for different artists?

Cee Lo's cat has a Facebook page. I am actually following the cat. Not any of the artists, but the damn cat! LOL
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

What season was Jamar Rogers on American Idol? Was that before or after he got clean?

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Cee Lo's cat has a Facebook page. I am actually following the cat. Not any of the artists, but the damn cat! LOL
    How fun! What is the name of that FB page?

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Carson explains how he hand delivered invites to perform on the show.

Jamar, a former addict, is in recovery from his addiction. However, his addiction left him with HIV. A touching story that is followed up with an okay performance.

I'm not overly blown away by it though. He's not terrible, but doesn't mesh well with my particular taste.
    If Jamar used that backstory on idol, he might have outlasted his best bud Danny Gokey. Still surprised Idol cut him, one of the reasons I appreciate X-Factor & The Voice.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I've been wondering if that's a conscious decision they're trying to make? I wonder if they're actively looking for different artists?
    No, they have been trying to get similar people. Adam lobbied for the guy that reminded me of Javiar, Blake for the one that reminded me of Dia and Xenia, Cee Lo for the one that was Vickish. So far Cee Lo is the only one that got a similar voice. Since most of the contestants are getting multiple choices, they didn't go with the coach that had similar people last year. Not because of that, I think most people are choosing because they are star struck, not based on the coach that would best suit them.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    What season was Jamar Rogers on American Idol? Was that before or after he got clean?
    Season 8. So I think that would be about 2 years into his recovery?

+ Reply to Thread