+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

FORT Fogey
    This show beat ai by a long margin
    sparklete likes this.

Re: 2/6 The Voice Season 2 Premiere Part 2

I really liked Angel. It looks like when Adam really wants somebody he gets them.

I didn't care for Jermaine either. I don't get why the judges were all saying he had such a strong voice.

FORT Fogey

This season I seem to be agreeing more with which singers are getting those chairs to turn around and which aren't. It also occurred to me why I love the selection of the singers but that the actual competition past that tends to interest me less. I miss the funny back and forth bickering between the judges, because it doesn't come off as anything more than good-natured teasing. And frankly, the turning chairs moments are tenser and more exciting than the sing-offs were last season, especially given the rather silly boxing ring motif they went with.

Did like Angel, who finished up the show, as well as a number of other singers, but of the ones I saw, the guy who sang opera really got my attention and not just because he chose to go such a different route. His voice was huge and well-trained, and truly, a lot of popular singers with formal training have sung opera for their voice teachers, if no one else. Heck, almost anyone who's taken voice lessons at all has had a voice teacher who's insisted on opera, even if that's not what they were intending to sing publicly. Doesn't mean it's the only thing he can sing, but it does mean he's got range and power and is used to being formally coached, which are all good things. I also figure he sang opera partially to get noticed. It meant taking a chance on his part, but it was the kind of risk that was likely to get him noticed, if nothing else.

I'm not posting this so people can complain because they already had a chance because if they are new to me & have talent I want to see them get another chance. Angel Taylor has a few Vevo videos on youtube from 2009. Not the kind of artist I thought she was, should be a good fit with Adam.

Angel Taylor - Like You Do - YouTube
    Last edited by VoiceOfReason; 02-06-2012 at 10:48 PM.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I FRIGGIN' LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!!! Fully enjoyed the 2 hours and had a stupid, silly grin on my face the whole time! The opening number was not my cup of tea, as I don't think they sound good together. They are all too different and don't blend all that well. WTH was CeeLo wearing? It looked like a sequined snuggie. I do love the cutaways with his cat. Poor kitty cat looks so mean or pissed off. LOL

I really like the military girl, Gwen, Angel, Lindsey but that Alicia Keys back up singer was over hyped. And too cocky. Of the duo, I thought the guy was stronger vocally than the girl but they did alright too. I think the dude with the hat, long hair will be back in the wildcard round and of course that Dez kid because of his looks.

I agree with the others that Adam gets hotter every time I see him but Blake is still the HOTTEST! Gooo Team Blake!

BTW the show got the highest rated non sport TV ratings in 6 years. 37.6 million viewers. Obviously they aren't going to stay that high but it sure gives NBC a much needed boost.
    Katydyd and sparklete like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Looks are a huge part of making it in this industry but it takes me back a little when they find they let someone attractive go by when no one turned around!

Adam's thinnly veiled comment about tuning around and expecting to see that heavy black woman was transparent. He was disappointed.

Tilden, I agree that the auditions interest me more than the competitions.

FORT Fan

This show is so interesting. I love that although the first few rounds are supposedly based just on voices, there are clearly other influences at play here. The judges are picking ased on who they think they can best coach and promote. There have been numerous instances of a judge NOT turning around for someone who they think has a great voice because they think another judge will get that person/they don't know how to coach that person. that's what's so great about getting judges from different genres. And the audience in the audtion rounds is a cool touch as well because if one of the judges is waffling, they might choose based on the audience's reaction. Clearly, all four are competitive, so I'm sure if they're on the fence but they see the audience screaming, that's a factor.

As for individual contestants:

Didn't realize that one guy was Danny Gokey's buddy. Did they mention his sob story on AI or was that not touching enough next to Gokey's? Because I remember liking him more than Gokey. Glad he's turned his life around and that he's getting another chance.

Liked the older woman, although WOW. I sure hope I look like her when I'm that age. She looks maybe 35 to me!

LOVED Staff SGT Johnson. I was, like a lot of the rest of the nation, captivated by her youtube vid last summer. I think she must have purposely tried to pick a song that the judges wouldn't recognize her on because frankly she wasn't that amazing on the show. But she's the only one at this point that I'd say I would buy her album RIGHT NOW. And I don't like a lot of female singers. I think she got really lucky Cee-lo turned for her, because there are so many other songs that she would knock out of the park. I really hope she wins this season

FORT Fogey

do you guys think, the judges know in advance who is competing? do they know their back stories beforehand

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Not blown away by anyone of the auditions so far. I keep waiting to be amazed, but so far it hasnít happened.

On a side note: Holy heartthrobs, batman, it keep forgetting just how hot Adam is!
    Dicechick and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread