+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: 2/5 Premiere Season 2

Re: 2/5 Premiere Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    If I counted correctly, they chose 4 singers. In an hour.

At this rate, it's going to be ages before we have 4 12-person teams.

I think we might watch it on DVR from now on...too many commercials! (Or maybe I was just commercial'ed out from the SuperBowl...)
    I will record it as well, I dont like all the phony banter or the commercials that much. I lose interest in these shows until the final 4 or whatever it is. I do love good singers though.I dont know if I could handle two hours tonight, an hour is just right

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Was it Chris Mann who had that gorgeous, huge operatic voice? I sure wouldn't waste that on the pop scene. I kept thinking "Il Divo"!!! I'm thinking he may have an ego to match that voice. Could be difficult to manage, and that could get him bumped off.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, it was Chris.I would like to see if he can do anything else

It will, definitely, be interesting. I kept trying to imagine him doing diferent styles, and it wasn't really coming through for me. Can't wait to see what's up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It will, definitely, be interesting. I kept trying to imagine him doing diferent styles, and it wasn't really coming through for me. Can't wait to see what's up.
    Last night after the show was over, I went on You Tube and found quite a few videos for Chris Mann. There is a video from David Foster & Friends, he sang The Prayer with Katherine McPhee.... just gorgeous.

Here is the link to his Chris Mann musicpage on Facebook: Chris Mann Music | Facebook The video from The Prayer is on there, along with several other songs.
    I like him doing the opera music best though.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Oh wow, he's so very good. But with David foster in his life, I dont see why he even needs this show

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Tony Lucca has had some exposure for sure. Besides MMC he had a song called Devil Town that was part of the Friday Night Lights soundtrack and was used in more than one episode of the series. He was also periodically part of Carson Daly's Last Call band. He opened for N Sync and I have no doubt if Justin or JC had been the judge instead of Christina that they would have known him at least when they turned around.

Did anyone else think he was a bit offended that Christina didn't recognize him after he said his name? I was bummed that she burst in right when he was going to answer Carson's question. I wanted to hear his comment about Christina. He started out by saying she was very "matter of fact" and then she burst in. I have no doubt that the producers told her so she didn't end up looking like an idiot.

To be honest, the fact that she didn't recognize him even after he said his name gave me a bad impression of her. He was on MMC for 4 years. One blogger said "it's like not recognizing someone from high school when you only went to school with 12 people." I don't think he's changed a lot so is she just so above it now that she couldn't recognize him? I was never a huge fan, but I think I like her even less now.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I think she can be given a pass on not recognizing his name when she is so caught up in not only her own life, but every thing else going on concerning the show. Her mind has to be going 20 ways, at once. It's not like they were on Mickey Mouse Club just last year. I would think that this is the kind of thing that dawns on a person g-r-a-d-u-a-l-l-y.....but eventually.

Everybody doesn't have MY fantastic memory!!

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I would have at least known the name but been like how do I know it. And thing is I don't think she ever realized it. I think she was told. Like I said, I really wanted to hear his commentary about her before she burst in. Producer who told her had very bad timing.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Christina annoyed me when she wouldn't let Adam speak. She kept cutting him off and then accused him of wanting to the be the center of attention. Ugh. I really hope she doesn't do that every time he wants someone on his team.
    Babbred and Fanny Mare like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast