+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD View Post
    BTW, Adam and Javier's version of "Man in the Mirror" is @ 10.
    ITA. It's the only performance from last night I'd watch over and over again. I would download that performance.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I thought he met Miranda when they sang a duet on CMT's 100 Greatest Duet's show. They sang You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma, and I remember thinking they looked like they had something personal going on. He wasn't judge on Nashville Star the year Miranda was a contestant.
    Miranda was on the first season of Nashville Star (2003), Blake was a judge on season 5 (2007). Blake was married in 2003, divorced in 2006. And, yes, they met on the Duet's show on CMT.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    You tell it like it is!!! I so agree. Hate that social media room. Can't stand to watch Carson Daly. He is very robotic to me. When he smiles, it looks like he's only smiling on the outside, but not genuinely smiling. Christina is on every last of my nerves too.
    Daly is very robotic in a Max Headroom (anyone remember him from the 1990's? lol) sort of way. His face remains expressionless most of the time. What's up with that?

My favorite, Beverley, did a superb job last night. I'm hoping she wins.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I've enjoyed this so much more than AI.
    Some of the reasons:
    The talent was better overall
    We didn't get much of the backstory aka sob story Too often, it catapults a less thanm stellar singer, IMO.
    No Ryan Seacrest. I love Carson Daly. He knows his music. He's been in the business for years and just doesn't go for the hot pop singer of the moment. He''s also respectful, kind and nice to everyone.
    Having 4 different celebrities act as mentors to their proteges. There's someone to appeal to every musical taste out there and I like that. I have no problem with the celebrities singing, either. I'd sooner see them sing than JLo or Steven. They don't work with the contestants like the Voice celebrities do. JLo just hawks her goods and her husband. Steven hawks his music.

I thought Javier's solo was good, but I find him on the boring side. He has a lovely voice, but it doesn't really excite me.
    I thought Dia was pitchy and overly gasping for breath throughout her song. She, too, has a lovely voice. I think she needs lessons / training. I just don't feel moved when she sings, though, at all.
    Vicci has a good voice, though her song last night was not my favorite. I actually didn't like the duet with CeLo. I still think her rendition of Jolene was the best I've ever heard. I wish she'd release that. Vicci has a toughness about her that puts me off. I prefer when she shows her vulnerable side and loses the OTT swagger. I don't find it becoming.
    I didn't like Bev's original song. I don't feel it was a great showcase for her voice.
    I dd think the duet with Christina was amazing. I don't fault Christina for the song choice. I took it the way Bev did. She was actually trying to help / showcase her. And the song did just that.

My favorite is Bev. She won me over throughout. She has the voice, the soul, the presence. And, for a lady with an abundance of tats, piercings to win me over, that says a lot.

Who do I think will win this?
    I'd be shocked if Dia did not win.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post

Now as far as his connection to her being odd, I don't see it. It's no different than how CeeLo is with Vicci. They clearly really like these singers and consider them close friends, they have their best interests at heart. I think that Blake truly sees himself as Dia's older brother and it's nothing more than that. I don't see anything odd at all about it. I'm actually touched by the closeness they all have with their singers and I'm hoping that it continues beyond the show (as in helps to open doors for them).

Plus Dia is beautiful, she's got these amazing soulful eyes. She makes me smile when she sings and isn't that what this is all about? The singer getting an emotion out of the listener (Javier makes me smile too but he can get a bit too over the top for me).
    I wish I could download her duet with Blake, I loved that, too.

Noreality said:

I've enjoyed this so much more than AI.
    Some of the reasons:
    The talent was better overall
    We didn't get much of the backstory aka sob story Too often, it catapults a less thanm stellar singer, IMO.
    No Ryan Seacrest. I love Carson Daly. He knows his music. He's been in the business for years and just doesn't go for the hot pop singer of the moment. He''s also respectful, kind and nice to everyone.
    Having 4 different celebrities act as mentors to their proteges. There's someone to appeal to every musical taste out there and I like that. I have no problem with the celebrities singing, either. I'd sooner see them sing than JLo or Steven. They don't work with the contestants like the Voice celebrities do. JLo just hawks her goods and her husband. Steven hawks his music.
    Amen, amen!

I thought Javier's solo was good, but I find him on the boring side. He has a lovely voice, but it doesn't really excite me.
    Yep.

I thought Dia was pitchy and overly gasping for breath throughout her song. She, too, has a lovely voice. I think she needs lessons / training. I just don't feel moved when she sings, though, at all.
    Agree about the gasping, but I still love her for her overall look and voice.

I didn't like Bev's original song. I don't feel it was a great showcase for her voice.
    I dd think the duet with Christina was amazing. I don't fault Christina for the song choice. I took it the way Bev did. She was actually trying to help / showcase her. And the song did just that.
    Thank you!

My favorite is Bev. She won me over throughout. She has the voice, the soul, the presence. And, for a lady with an abundance of tats, piercings to win me over, that says a lot.
    I was on the fence about her when she auditioned. I liked her voice but not her look. Now, though, she has completely won me over. I like everything about her, her look and confident attitude and voice.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Regarding Blake's relationship with Dia....I don't find it weird. I see it as a mentor/mentee relationship and even a brother/sister relationship.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789