+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Finals 06/28 **SPOILERS**

Some memories of Rock Star with the way tonight is going.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

Loved Vicci's performance.

Dia still gets her own song, she hasn't sung yet has she? I missed the first ten minutes tonight.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by quentcomps View Post
    Some memories of Rock Star with the way tonight is going.
    In what way? I didn't watch Rock Star.

I wonder when the coaches comment on the other performers, not their own, if they weigh what they say. They're complimentary, but not extremely ... from what I've noticed.

I'm sorry, I thought that was Beverly for a minute. Yeah, I think everyone will duet w/ their coach and sing an original.

Just the whole performing originals thing and the feel of it (how it's like Rock Star). I liked that show.

I'm wondering whether they were a bit meh on the performance but are trying to keep it positive, but it could as well be the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Loved Vicci's performance.

Dia still gets her own song, she hasn't sung yet has she? I missed the first ten minutes tonight.
    No, Javier was first. The four coaches did a song together - Under Pressure, I think. They also gave a little background on each finalist and some other filler stuff, like web questions.

Beverly and Christina doing "Beautiful" - sounds amazing in rehearsals! Hope it comes off as powerful on stage.

FORT Fanatic

I may actually like Beverley's voice on this better than Christina's on this song.

Great arrangement.
    JavaJo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    No, Javier was first. The four coaches did a song together - Under Pressure, I think. They also gave a little background on each finalist and some other filler stuff, like web questions.
    Thanks, that's what I figured, when I tuned in Carson said they were just starting the performances for the competition. So I figured the coaches sang.

They are using the same band that was used for Rockstar. I recognize at least three of them, Guitar (band leader), Drums and one other I am spacing on. I loved the way the band interacted with the contestants on Rockstar. It is more the coaches doing that for this competition, but I do really like that aspect of the song.

I thought Beverly and Xtina together worked pretty well.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules View Post
    I may actually like Beverley's voice on this better than Christina's on this song.

Great arrangement.
    Me too. This definitely showed off her voice - the slower pace highlighted her power and control. It really was "beautiful!"

+ Reply to Thread