+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Live Show 6/7- **SPOILERS**

Re: Live Show 6/7- **SPOILERS**

Oh boy. First of all...if I have to sit here and listen to Christina trash talk the guys every week, I'm going to scream. She was so rude..cutting them off, crowing about how awesome her team is and flipping her wig around. It was a terrible wig, too. She also needs to live by the cardinal rule of all make-up guru's...If you go bold on your lips, then your eyes should be more natural and vice versa. Yikes.

Raquel reminds me of Gloria Estefan in looks. Her performance was ok but her singing...not so much.

Jared gave a good, solid performance.

Beverly did as well. That was the best I've heard her sound.

Dia is adorable and she has a lovely voice, but that girl needs a stylist. STAT.

Xenia...I love the tone of her voice but that girl needs some confidence. If she'd been more relaxed, she could have been the best of the night.

Patrick, I did not care for. At all.

Frenchie was great and that woman has the most flawless skin I've ever seen.

Lily..I thought she was bad last week but this week she was even worse. She was definitely the worst of the night.

I like reading the tweets they flash at the bottom of the screen. I do not like the media room footage, though.

I thought that Blake and Xtina's teams were fairly evenly matched. I can't wait to see Adam and CeeLo's teams though.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    Grow old gracefully? She's 30! She may have had some botox but I don't think she's had anything major. I think her extensions were bad and her makeup was horrible.

And you say "grow old like the rest of us" but plenty of middle America gets botox or surgery. There's no crime in it. That being said, I don't think Christina's age is a factor. I think it's her hair and makeup plus the outfit. I agree with the person who said she looked like a drag queen. But I don't think her age is the issue.
    Everytime I see Frenchie, I can't stop thinking SHE looks like a drag queen. She has a very manly face that looks like it was made up to look like a woman. Just like a drag queen.

Media footage room will be the Ryan Dunkelman of this show. Voted ten times for Dia and Frenchie, probably more--I imagined it would cut me off.
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

To the Point

Too lazy to go back and quote anyone so....

Patrick has a really good voice, but he picked the wrong song.

Lily was not good at all.

Raquel's performance was too much about the show, not enough about the singing, I suspect with good reason.

Frenchie was good. We all knew that she could sing though, so no surprise.

Xinia has an interesting voice but no confidence and no strength.

Dia has a sweet voice, such an incredibly cute face and figure, but she definitely needs help on styling. My DD referred to her as Dia Frumpton.

Bev is a Melissa Ethridge clone. Not sure what else she brings.

Jared was okay. Not the worst of the night, not the best. I like the guy though.

Christina obviously likes her "over the top" approach as she not only takes it on herself, but tries to pour it into all of her performers. I know that to some extent that was total strategy to distract the viewer from lack of vocals with three of the four.

I love the male coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Sometimes tonight I feel like I'm watching a different show than the judges.
    Me too! I was so disappointed in most of all the performances last night, including the ones the coaches did and the one Blake did. I found most all of the performances very off. I realize it's nerves and maybe they couldn't hear themselves, but for the coaches to just eat it up like they were great is bizarre IMO. I sure do hope it gets better next week.

*Brian Dunkleman
    I don't know man I don't know man I don't know man I don't know I don't know

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Me too! I was so disappointed in most of all the performances last night, including the ones the coaches did and the one Blake did. I found most all of the performances very off. I realize it's nerves and maybe they couldn't hear themselves, but for the coaches to just eat it up like they were great is bizarre IMO. I sure do hope it gets better next week.
    I do agree to some extent. I just get the feeling that they are trying WAY to hard to make this a hit. Some of the over-the-top statements from the coaches were ridiculous!
    Such as: that is the most unique voice I have EVER heard, or that is the best rendition of a song I have ever heard.

Those kinds of statements ruin the coaches credibility. I couldn't believe Adam was one of the ones to make such a ridiculous comment. Once I hear something that absurd, I tend to tune people out.

Some others have mentioned it, but the bragging to the audience about what a hit the show is too, well, it's too much. "Five of the top ten twitters are about this show!!" I don't care. I will decide if I like it, and if you keep telling me to love you, I just might not.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    but the bragging to the audience about what a hit the show is too, well, it's too much. "Five of the top ten twitters are about this show!!" I don't care. I will decide if I like it, and if you keep telling me to love you, I just might not.
    Unfortunately they aren't targeting or any of us that can think for ourselves, they are targeting the tweens, and i'm not being mean and saying that tweens can't think for themselves or are dumb, but i mean come on we've all been that age and were heavily influenced, the brian dunkleman media room is what tweens do, they go over each others houses, watch the show and start texting to friends right away.

While there were a couple of good performances last night, the best word that describes my take on it was Disappoinment. I had such a great time watching the earlier episodes. Oh well, there's always The X Factor to look forward to. LOL

Bald Beverly in her kilt and stomping boots won the night for me.

Dia at the piano was all right, but her voice could have been stronger. Cowboy Pat should try singing without his hat. Xenia disappointed as she was one of the ones I wanted to see develop. The country/rocker was neither and on his last legs.

Sorry I can't be more positive. I guess I'm burned out on singing competitions.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread