+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/31 Round 4 Battle Round *Spoilers*

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Re: The Voice 5/31 Round 4 Battle Round *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I don't know. Sounded like the judges preferred Casey. This could be interesting.

Jeff's tearing up already. I think he knows that Adam is going to pick Casey. It's a shame since he's a nice kid.
    Jeff's big problem is he's trying to put too much Gary LeVox (lead singer of Rascal Flatts) into his singing. He's doing what Josh Gracin did on American Idol. He's trying too hard to sound like his idol (in Josh's case it was Garth Brooks and in this guy's case it seems to be Gary LeVox) that he's not putting out enough of himself. When Josh got into the studio in Nashville they taught him how to sing country without over twanging. I think Jeff could use the same thing.

On a side note, does it seem like every coach saved the worst for last? I was truly disappointed tonight.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

FORT Fogey

Adam's Battle:
    Casey vs Jeff
    I have to say that I am not too impressed with Jeff. He sort of annoys me. When he said that he focuses a lot on being perfect, I thought that made a lot of sense because I do think that his singing does lack purpose. I hope he works on that going forward. I really didn't think Casey stood much of a chance with the voters so I don't think it was too much of a travesty that she went home. I actually liked her more than Jeff and was a little surprised that he won. I think Adam was definitely influenced by the fact that all the judges turned around for Jeff. Plus Casey looks like she belongs on the Amazing Race.

Blake's Battle:
    Xenia vs Sara
    Wow (in a bad way)! This was the worst battle so far! Xenia does have a really unique tone. I am surprised at this given her young age. I have seen many singers try to fake unique qualities like she has. I think it is pretty awesome! Sara is not quite as unique. Both were awful. Xenia didn't seem like she was attempting to do much and she looked in pain at times. Sara was attempting a lot and she was also failing a lot. I was sure Blake was going to pick Xenia when I saw her crying in his arms. That was sort of weird. I am torn about who should have been chosen. I feel like Xenia has a unique voice but no talent. She needs lessons badly. Sara bit off way more than she could chew. Perhaps she could have done better if they had a do-over. So I might lean toward keeping Sara. I think the travesty is that Blake had to choose one of these girls.

Christina's Battle:
    Lily vs Cherie
    This was the best battle of the night. Lily came out with attitude and passion and Cherie killed it! Cherie was the best of the night for me. I do agree with those who said that there was a lot of shouting in this performance. Kelly Clarkson is a shouter so that was a bit inevitable. There was a lot of difficulty with this one. Christina, what were you thinking? You should have given this song to Frenchie and Tarralyn! Cherie and Lily aren't as good. I thought Cherie deserved to win this one. Reba is what ruined it for her. Cherie is already so successful. It is hard to blame Christina for picking Lily after hearing about Cherie's accomplishments. I like Lily as a person. I just don't think she won the battle.

Cee-Lo's Battle
    Emily vs Curtis
    What? Curtis won? What? I liked Emily a lot better. I didn't even notice him when he was singing. Compared to the other country boys on this show, he just isn't good enough. I thought Emily was unique and a better singer. I thought she had the emotional thing going on too. Forget the kiss! The elimination is what shocked me. And also, Curtis isn't attractive either.

I definitely wouldn't have picked Lily. She was horrible.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I definitely wouldn't have picked Lily. She was horrible.
    I agree. That stumped me.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I agree. That stumped me.
    It didn't stump me. Christina has repeatedly commented on the contestants looks. I'm going to guess that's why she picked her over Sherie.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It didn't stump me. Christina has repeatedly commented on the contestants looks. I'm going to guess that's why she picked her over Sherie.
    I agree. I think Christina may want to balance her team with two super good looking girls, since she has two women who do not have traditional good looks. I'm not saying two of them are not attractive in their own way, but not in the traditional sense, that could influence home voting.

Did anyone notice anything about Emily when she came in for the blind audition? They showed her feet only and didn't show her face until she was well into singing her song. People I was watching the show with said she had ear extenders in her ears. I thought it was large earrings, but they say no, her ear skin was around it. Did anyone notice? Is that true?
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-01-2011 at 10:50 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone notice anything about Emily when she came in for the blind audition? They showed her feet only and didn't show her face until she was well into singing her song. People I was watching the show with said she had ear extenders in her ears. I thought it was large earrings, but they say no, her ear skin was around it. Did anyone notice? Is that true?
    Now that you mention it i remember a contestant having those things in their ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
    Now that you mention it i remember a contestant having those things in their ear.
    The only links of photos I could locate were ads for ear expanding jewelry and I don't think we are to post ads here, but I do think that's what she had. I do think that is what she had. I don't know that it would have hurt her with the public vote, but I think that it might be a factor to consider.

I recall seeing a tv show with a guy who had them in his ears and the people made him take them out before going to work in their store, however, they smelled so bad when he took them out, they made him put them back in! Can you imagine? I don't know if everyone's smells that way, but now everytime I see it, I think about the smell. LOL

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Those are called ear gauges, and I've seldom heard them discussed without people commenting on the foul smell that comes when they are taken out. I wouldn't have anything on me that was malodorous on purpose. Says something about hygiene, to me.

And Xenia and Sara were equally bad in their performances. There were much better/stronger singers who were eliminated. Is the the complete end of the road for those people? Shame if it is, just because of people like Xenia and Sara.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I thought Sherie was equally as pretty. Maybe she was tired of the country overload. I think she was put-off by Sherie having a number one hit record.

+ Reply to Thread