+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/24 ***Spoilers***

The Voice 5/24 ***Spoilers***

First up was Team XTina - Julia Eason vs. Raquel Castro singing Rianna's "Only Girl in The World". Raquel wins, first surprise of the battle rounds for me but I agree with the decision.

Re: The Voice 5/24 ***Spoilers***

I really didn't think either of them were that strong. They both had definite falters, but I do think she made the right choice.

I did not enjoy Serabee's performance but I enjoyed Dia's performance much more. I think it was just the over the top performance from Serabee's that I didn't particularly care for. I'm not at all surprised that Blake chose Dia.

Next Up is Team Blake pitting Dia Frampton vs. Sarabee singing the Supremes "Can't Hurry Love". Who knew Blake Shelton is such a Motown fan.

Wow, such a disjointed song of such different styles. I liked Sarabee, much more fun & has much more range in her voice. Blake chooses Dia because she did not show her range basically, huh, so why choose that song. Not surprised by the choice thogh, much better fit for Blake.

I think it is a huge mistake to try to shine during the other person's solo. Serabee has the better voice, but just WAY to over the top!

Creep is a interesting choice for these two.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

I wasn't sure if it was so much that she didn't show her range but that Serabee showed too much range? I don't know.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I did not enjoy Serabee's performance but I enjoyed Dia's performance much more. I think it was just the over the top performance from Serabee's that I didn't particularly care for. I'm not at all surprised that Blake chose Dia.

I didn't like Serabee's barefoot, 1960's hippie look. In contrast, Dia is so sweet, innoncent and wholesome looking. America loves that All American girl next door look and that's probably why blake picked Dia.

Next up Team Adam matching up Devon Barley vs. Rebecca Loebe singing Radiohead's "Creep"

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    I didn't like Serabee's barefoot, 1960's hippie look. In contrast, Dia is so sweet, innoncent and wholesome looking. America loves that All American girl next door look and that's probably why blake picked Dia.
    I actually agree & thought Dia would take it based on the blind audition, I just don't get his song choices at all these past couple of weeks with the Motown songs. It doesn't fit the singers & it doesn't fit what he is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    I actually agree & thought Dia would take it based on the blind audition, I just don't get his song choices at all these past couple of weeks with the Motown songs. It doesn't fit the singers & it doesn't fit what he is looking for.
    Sometimes I get the sense even he doesn't really know what he's looking for.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast