+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/24 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/24 ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I thought she had a stronger voice at times too. I just know I wouldn't want to be making those decisions.
    I agree, I'm sure the are processing so much more information (blind audition, rehearsals of the battle songs, looks, image, etc.), hard to make a decision on the spot like that.

Next week is last week of battle rounds, even though there were a couple of stellar pairings I won't miss the battle rounds at all. Next weeks matchups:

Team Cee-lo - Curtis Grimes vs. Emily Valentine

Team Adam - Jeff Jenkins vs. Casey Desmond

Team Blake - Xenia vs. Sara Oromchi

Team XTina - Lily Elise vs. Cherie Oakley

LT1

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I did not enjoy Serabee's performance but I enjoyed Dia's performance much more. I think it was just the over the top performance from Serabee's that I didn't particularly care for. I'm not at all surprised that Blake chose Dia.

Totally agree.

LT1

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    I didn't like Serabee's barefoot, 1960's hippie look. In contrast, Dia is so sweet, innoncent and wholesome looking. America loves that All American girl next door look and that's probably why blake picked Dia.
    Dia usually performs barefooted on stage, but she has been wearing shoes on the Voice.

FORT Fogey

Christina: Julia vs. Raquel
    I expected Julia to win this one when I found out the battle assignment. Raquel really won. I was shocked. She did much better than Julia. Julia seemed to have so much promise. I was surprised Raquel had that in her. Julia seemed to be straining her voice the whole time. I am not convinced that Raquel is the stronger singer. I think Julia just blew it. Whatever the case, Christina made the right decision. Raquel reminded me of Gloria Estefan at times. She needs a makeover though.

Blake: Dia vs. Serabee
    I expected Dia to advance since they didn't show Serabee's full audition. Also, when Blake told Sera to hold back on the tricks, I knew he was going to go for Dia. Serabee was my favorite. She looked like a hippie wizard and I loved it. She was so church. Great, great, great! Of course, Blake went for the blah performance. It is hard to knock Dia. I think her voice was really strong and pure. I just thought she deserved to go home since the battle was basically Serabee chasing her around the stage. Dia seemed afraid. Anyway, I like Dia. I just don't think she should have advanced based on how she interacted with Serabee. I wish she seemed more interested in the performance as well. One thing that does bother me is how Dia is being portrayed. Aside from Javier, Dia might have the most major experience of anyone. I don't like that they portray her as a shy sweet girl. I have seen her band's videos. She can be bold. I wish they would mention her past experience since it is so extensive. A lot of her fans who don't know, might like to see her old stuff.

Adam: Rebecca vs. Devon
    This was tough. I thought Rebecca would win since Adam didn't seem too enthused with Devon when he picked him. I thought it was a good performance and I had them about even. I think Devon was a little off throughout the performance but I thought he got to sing better parts than did Rebecca. I don't know what it was that made Adam think Devon had won. For me, I was disappointed in Rebecca because I loved her audition and the battle was just "good." I was beginning to forget Devon and I thought he did better than I expected even though I only thought he did a "good" job tonight. In the end, it felt more like a victory for Devon because I expected less from him. I think the geeky look will actually be an advantage for him in the voting rounds.

Cee-Lo: Thompsons vs. Kelsey
    I think I expected Kelsey to win. The Thompsons just don't sing as well as Kelsey. I remember I liked Kelsey a lot as a singing act. I thought she was the total package but that her personality was horrible. I think Kelsey had the best voice of the three young women. Even so, I don't think Kelsey was really able to outshine the sisters. They were charismatic and cute. They were fun and charming. As an act, I think these two could sell oodles and oodles of records. Of course, I am way more likely to buy Kelsey's album. I thought Cee-Lo was going to eliminate the Thompson sisters when he looked like he was getting emotional. I think he made the right decision. I really liked Kelsey but there are a lot of singers like her out there. I thought the sisters had something special and I want to see more of it. Sad to see Kelsey go. This isn't a beauty pageant but I thought Taylor was the most beautiful of the 3.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Christina: Julia vs. Raquel
    I expected Julia to win this one when I found out the battle assignment. Raquel really won. I was shocked. She did much better than Julia. Julia seemed to have so much promise. I was surprised Raquel had that in her. Julia seemed to be straining her voice the whole time. I am not convinced that Raquel is the stronger singer. I think Julia just blew it. Whatever the case, Christina made the right decision. Raquel reminded me of Gloria Estefan at times. She needs a makeover though.
    I agree totally. Julia has a better and more unique voice but she blew it. It was Raquel's by right.

Blake: Dia vs. Serabee
    I expected Dia to advance since they didn't show Serabee's full audition. Also, when Blake told Sera to hold back on the tricks, I knew he was going to go for Dia. Serabee was my favorite. She looked like a hippie wizard and I loved it. She was so church. Great, great, great! Of course, Blake went for the blah performance. It is hard to knock Dia. I think her voice was really strong and pure. I just thought she deserved to go home since the battle was basically Serabee chasing her around the stage. Dia seemed afraid. Anyway, I like Dia. I just don't think she should have advanced based on how she interacted with Serabee. I wish she seemed more interested in the performance as well. One thing that does bother me is how Dia is being portrayed. Aside from Javier, Dia might have the most major experience of anyone. I don't like that they portray her as a shy sweet girl. I have seen her band's videos. She can be bold. I wish they would mention her past experience since it is so extensive. A lot of her fans who don't know, might like to see her old stuff.
    Serabee was just so over the top it was ridiculous. This was the worst pairing of the night for me, and I felt Dia was only ok as well. Hopefully, her confidence will grow through the competition, and she'll prove herself a contender.

Adam: Rebecca vs. Devon
    This was tough. I thought Rebecca would win since Adam didn't seem too enthused with Devon when he picked him. I thought it was a good performance and I had them about even. I think Devon was a little off throughout the performance but I thought he got to sing better parts than did Rebecca. I don't know what it was that made Adam think Devon had won. For me, I was disappointed in Rebecca because I loved her audition and the battle was just "good." I was beginning to forget Devon and I thought he did better than I expected even though I only thought he did a "good" job tonight. In the end, it felt more like a victory for Devon because I expected less from him. I think the geeky look will actually be an advantage for him in the voting rounds.
    My favourite performance of the night! I was disappointed to see Rebecca go but happy to see Devon stay. I really wish that Blake had Rebecca or something. She's a fantastic emotional singer and I think that she would have been someone he could have actually worked with. Shame to see some stronger ones go. (First, Nikki... now, Rebecca. )
    Cee-Lo: Thompsons vs. Kelsey
    I think I expected Kelsey to win. The Thompsons just don't sing as well as Kelsey. I remember I liked Kelsey a lot as a singing act. I thought she was the total package but that her personality was horrible. I think Kelsey had the best voice of the three young women. Even so, I don't think Kelsey was really able to outshine the sisters. They were charismatic and cute. They were fun and charming. As an act, I think these two could sell oodles and oodles of records. Of course, I am way more likely to buy Kelsey's album. I thought Cee-Lo was going to eliminate the Thompson sisters when he looked like he was getting emotional. I think he made the right decision. I really liked Kelsey but there are a lot of singers like her out there. I thought the sisters had something special and I want to see more of it. Sad to see Kelsey go. This isn't a beauty pageant but I thought Taylor was the most beautiful of the 3.
    It's not a beauty pageant but since Kelsey brought beauty into it, I don't mind agreeing with you that Taylor is the most beautiful.
    I also felt Taylor had the strongest vocals of the three. Tori has a lower voice which is great for harmonizing with her sister, but doesn't have the range or tone of Taylor. That said, it was definitely the right pick for Taylor at least. Kelsey I found to be mediocre. Sorry, Kelsey.

Enjoyable watch tonight, a lot of upsets made it far more interesting than last week.
    Overall, I'm thinking Adam has a killer team so far, followed closely by Christina and Ceelo. Not so sure what Blake has going for him... I'll be curious to see what his team members can do in a competition full of powerhouses.

I was disappointed that Adam felt the need to pick the rich kid, bound for medical school, over Rebecca, who lives and breathes music and lives out of her car so she can work in music. If he was a lot better than her, that's one thing, but when they are close in talent, why not pick the one who really wants it and has paid her dues?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was disappointed that Adam felt the need to pick the rich kid, bound for medical school, over Rebecca, who lives and breathes music and lives out of her car so she can work in music. If he was a lot better than her, that's one thing, but when they are close in talent, why not pick the one who really wants it and has paid her dues?
    Because this isn't a feel-good, lesson-giving show for kids, it's show business, and he was the better singer. Honestly, if they started picking people who tugged the heartstrings the hardest rather than those of greater talent, then I would eruct a little bile and stop watching entirely.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

What's the singing equivalent of "chewing scenery?" Whatever it is, that's what I felt like Serabee was doing. Trying too hard to upstage Dia and just coming off like a Showoff McSmartypants.

Especially after she was told in rehearsals not to overdo it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicBullet View Post
    What's the singing equivalent of "chewing scenery?" Whatever it is, that's what I felt like Serabee was doing. Trying too hard to upstage Dia and just coming off like a Showoff McSmartypants.

Especially after she was told in rehearsals not to overdo it.
    That was one incredible example of not listening to the coach. Whadda ya mean bunt, I'm a home run hitter. So I struck out, give me another chance please, please, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast