+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/17 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/17 ***Spoilers***

[QUOTE=Allie;4297323]The only battle I have not watched yet is Javier's. The easiest to call, IMHO was Jared's. When the female portion of Elenowen sang that low note off, I knew they were finished. Jared was the highlight of the night for me.

Beverly is great, but I surprised myself by actually preferring Justin slightly on this song. I thought his performance had more -- I don't know how to say it -- changes? Range? You could go either way, so it was the toughest decision of the night for me.[/QUOTE]

Re: bolded...I agree. Beverly is great but I personally think Justin did better. He showed a different side to him and he showed that he has variety. I also think he is more marketable then her b/c of his diversity.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

It's way too early for me to call but I can say that I think that some of them are making huge mistakes pitting their strongest against one another. Yes, it would make the battle rounds boring. However, it would make the voting rounds exciting. Right now I'm not so sure how they will go because I've seen some really good singers getting sent home.

Cee Lo seems to be the worst regarding this.

I thought Tje and the guy he went against were both awful. They were both screeching and should have both gone home. I wish Cee Lo had broken those two up and put them against his girls from last week who were both so incredibly strong. Then we'd have both of them and both these guys would be gone.

Beverly....I actually liked Justin better. I think she over sings the heck out of everything. Not every single song needs to be attacked, it gets boring fast. Yes, this song needed to be attacked but I'm wondering if she has any other ability other than scream and shake head. I like Beverly, I'm just not sure she has much range.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Love, Love, this show. I am enjoying it much more so then AI. At least in the beginning the singers got the attention of the judges without seeing them first.

I agree, Adam having Jeff and Javier makes his team a lot stronger....However when it comes to the voting public who knows.....

The second battle rounds were not as good as the first ones were.

I already know what the outcome will be as well. Javier will win the whole thing.
    Last edited by Love_Me; 05-20-2011 at 03:02 AM.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me View Post
    The second battle rounds were not as good as the first ones were.

I already know what the outcome will be as well. Javier will win the whole thing.
    That's what a whole bunch opf folks said about Pia.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I hope Javier isn't the anointed one to win it all, because I still haven't forgiven him for massacring one of my favorite songs.
    I'm not really on board with Javier having the best voice in the competition. He sounds like so many other R&B singers to me and I'm not a fan of R&B to begin with.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I'm not really on board with Javier having the best voice in the competition. He sounds like so many other R&B singers to me and I'm not a fan of R&B to begin with.
    I don't think he sounds like a lot of R&B singers out right now. There are a couple of guys who have similar voices but none of the big R&B voices sound like that. I am a big fan of R&B and I am not convinced that Javier will continue to sing R&B. I think he will be more of a top 40/pop guy. His voice sort of reminds me of Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boys mixed with Donnell Jones. Just thought I would say that as a fan of R&B.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    I don't think he sounds like a lot of R&B singers out right now. There are a couple of guys who have similar voices but none of the big R&B voices sound like that. I am a big fan of R&B and I am not convinced that Javier will continue to sing R&B. I think he will be more of a top 40/pop guy. His voice sort of reminds me of Brian Littrell from the Backstreet Boys mixed with Donnell Jones. Just thought I would say that as a fan of R&B.
    The problem is, since I don't like R&B, they all sound the same to me. Like people who don't like country music say all country is the same. I'll have to take everyone's word that he's the greatest.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

The judges all seemed to really like Jeff Jenkins as well so I am interested to see who Adam puts him up against.

Maybe he will perform tonight.

Are there any more bald women for team Xtina?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast