+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/17 ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: The Voice 5/17 ***Spoilers***

This one was over the minute Beverly was chosen weeks ago.

FORT Fan

Makes the American Idol experience quite superfluous....

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    All kinds of average sums it up well, this winner is not gonna last long. Jared Blake takes it. I figured Coach Blake was gonna stick with the folksy duo, I was wrong. Good decision.
    I'm glad to hear Jared took it. I'll need to catch the show tomorrow

This was kind of boring tonight. There were three ringers performing tonight and you just knew they would make it.

Cee-Lo
    I think Nakia was so memorable from his audition. There was no way he would lose this no matter what. I was surprised though that he was so bad. He was screaming and he was scary. I didn't like him at all. Tje was too laid back but he deserved to make it through based on this performance. He is really handsome too. I like his look and his voice. Nakia was a mess all the way through.

Blake:
    Please eliminate them all. Worst battle of the season so far. What more is there to say? Oh yeah, Blake has horrible taste. What does he have against good singers?

Adam:
    Javier! Sorry Wolf chick. You were set up!

Christina:
    Beverly killed it. How does she shake her head like that and still sing on key. Beverly is not my cup of tea but I cannot deny she was amazing.

Overall, I feel bummed after this week. I think the only young and fresh singer is Casey from last week. Cee-Lo eliminated 2 singers who would have been so popular in the industry right now. I sort of hoped the winner would be a star but with these choices, I don't think that is going to happen.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    This was kind of boring tonight. There were three ringers performing tonight and you just knew they would make it.

Cee-Lo
    I think Nakia was so memorable from his audition. There was no way he would lose this no matter what. I was surprised though that he was so bad. He was screaming and he was scary. I didn't like him at all. Tje was too laid back but he deserved to make it through based on this performance. He is really handsome too. I like his look and his voice. Nakia was a mess all the way through.

Blake:
    Please eliminate them all. Worst battle of the season so far. What more is there to say? Oh yeah, Blake has horrible taste. What does he have against good singers?

Adam:

Christina:
    Beverly killed it. How does she shake her head like that and still sing on key. Beverly is not my cup of tea but I cannot deny she was amazing.

Overall, I feel bummed after this week. I think the only young and fresh singer is Casey from last week. Cee-Lo eliminated 2 singers who would have been so popular in the industry right now. I sort of hoped the winner would be a star but with these choices, I don't think that is going to happen.
    I think it is much much to early to come to a conclusion like that. There are miles to go before they sleep.

They seem to be able to choose some out of the box type of songs...Baba O'Reilly for cryin out loud. Most excellent.

Are the judges going to pick all through the season? Does anyone know how that'll work?

XTina...Team bald...weird.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker
    XTina...Team bald...weird.

Definitely a first-seed vs. last week. No wonder they sandwiched in week two. I expect next week will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe
    Blake:
    I don't know, he eliminated his best singer last week for the original mediocre cowboy. Why couldn't he have paired Patrick against one of the misses of this week and saved Tyler? Argh. So annoying.

FORT Fogey

This show got me with the original concept of having them just hear the voice. However, with the sing-offs it is getting back to who do we like the look of better. I think it should have been four choices per coach, and than coach and mentor them and let us vote each week one from each team goes against each other and we vote the top two, and when they are down to two they sing off and we vote again.

This sing off just gives the judges too much power to get rid of the ones they did not like when they turned around. I thought the point was to find a singer that could sing and surprised us all because they got a chance despite not being mainstream in looks and style. Guess I was wrong.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

Definitely a first-seed vs. last week. No wonder they sandwiched in week two. I expect next week will be better.

I don't know, he eliminated his best singer last week for the original mediocre cowboy. Why couldn't he have paired Patrick against one of the misses of this week and saved Tyler? Argh. So annoying.
    Two reasons Blake thinks Country is all that matters, and two he must not have many mirrors in his home because he thinks he is hot and everyone else has to be as well. He has that stale old Hollywood mainstream image minded brain.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Especially with Javier's battle, why didn't Adam just go ahead and give Angela her pink slip instead of torturing her like that?

Cee-Lo
    I disagree. It was a tough call, but I leaned towards Nakia, too. His energy and passion were infectious.

Blake:
    I loved Elenownen in their audition. However, I was disappointed with them last night and thought that Jared deserved to go through instead. I agree that it was the most boring battle of the night.

Adam:
    Totally agree. I hope Javier isn't the anointed one to win it all, because I still haven't forgiven him for massacring one of my favorite songs.

Christina:
    Once again they saved the best for last. Beverly slayed that song, to quote the immortal Randy. I was surprised at how well Justin did, since he didn't know the song. I was really proud of him for singing so well. I'm glad that Beverly didn't just walk over him.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

The only battle I have not watched yet is Javier's. The easiest to call, IMHO was Jared's. When the female portion of Elenowen sang that low note off, I knew they were finished. Jared was the highlight of the night for me.

Beverly is great, but I surprised myself by actually preferring Justin slightly on this song. I thought his performance had more -- I don't know how to say it -- changes? Range? You could go either way, so it was the toughest decision of the night for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast