+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Previewing Next Weeks Battles & Predictions

Previewing Next Weeks Battles & Predictions

Basing this on a commercial I saw: The Voice - Battles: Round 2 - Video - NBC.com

Team Cee Lo - Nakia vs. Tje Austin
    Not liking Cee Lo's strategy of putting his best against each other but this should be another very entertaining battle, I think Nakia edges out Tje.

Team XTina - Beverly McClellan vs. Justin Grennan
    Justin got the short edit during the blind audition so I gotta go with Beverly.

Team Adam - Javier Colon vs. Angela Wolff
    The overall #1 seed (at least in my bracket) vs. the person that needed a second chance to get in. Does it matter who performs better, Javier takes it.

Team Blake - Elenowen vs. Jared Blake
    You can call this one a handicap match, the 2 voices of Elenowen vs. the 1 of Jared Blake. This for me is the toughest one to call, if it was any other team I would say Jared Blake. I think Blake goes with the folksy Elenowen.
    Last edited by VoiceOfReason; 05-13-2011 at 01:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

Re: Previewing Next Weeks Battles & Predictions

No! I loved Tje's audition! I thought he had a good chance to do well. No way he wins a battle against one of the few people featured in the commericals! I like Nakia too though! I wish they both could make it but I think it is pretty obvious that Nakia will win. Maybe Javier won his battle and Cee-Lo didn't think Tje could compete with him. I would be surprised if Javier did not win too. I am not as excited to see this one because I don't want to see Tje vs. Nakia and the other battles don't seem to be so thrilling.

FORT Fan

How long ago have these battles been taped?? Inquiring minds want to know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    How long ago have these battles been taped?? Inquiring minds want to know!!
    I don't know but it seems like they were done a while back & probably took only one or two days to record. I'm beginning to think a big selling point to the judges is that this show does not consume the amount of time that American Idol does or X-Factor will. Now that the show has taken off the way it has & NBC will want to do a bigger longer show, will they be able to retain their judges.

I know this question might have already been answered, but when it is time for the audience at home to vote will those shows be Live?
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    No! I loved Tje's audition! I thought he had a good chance to do well. No way he wins a battle against one of the few people featured in the commericals! I like Nakia too though! I wish they both could make it but I think it is pretty obvious that Nakia will win. Maybe Javier won his battle and Cee-Lo didn't think Tje could compete with him. I would be surprised if Javier did not win too. I am not as excited to see this one because I don't want to see Tje vs. Nakia and the other battles don't seem to be so thrilling.
    Aww man. I liked those two guys as well.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    I don't know but it seems like they were done a while back & probably took only one or two days to record.
    I asked that question because we can probably figure out the contestants who stick around by who is on the talk show circuit. They most likely won't pimp those who are eliminated already.

For example, Javier has been on the Today Show -- NBC -- and he said something about being nervous. The hosts told him that he had nothing to worry about.

I really want to love this show, but it is creeping too slowly for me. Seeing only eight contestants an episode is not helping me get to know the contestants. I've watched all of the episodes, but I cannot name more than just a few. I'll stick it out for season one. Perhaps they have a grand plan in mind.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I asked that question because we can probably figure out the contestants who stick around by who is on the talk show circuit. They most likely won't pimp those who are eliminated already.

For example, Javier has been on the Today Show -- NBC -- and he said something about being nervous. The hosts told him that he had nothing to worry about.
    I agree about this. Frenchie was on Last Call with Carson Daly last week. I think this show isn't so savvy about hiding spoilers.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    This isn't really a spoiler but the popular opinion around the web seems to be that the auditions we did not see do not advance past the battles and the pimped contestants do advance.

+ Reply to Thread