+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Is this show going to be repeated? I don't have a DVR and would like to see it. I don't see why they have to put it on at 10:00, I won't be able to watch it at that time.

It was repeated once.It was the old show, followed by the new show.Maybe that was to fill time.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Is this show going to be repeated? I don't have a DVR and would like to see it. I don't see why they have to put it on at 10:00, I won't be able to watch it at that time.
    They are on the official site, I just checked.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I think that was definitely the case with Tyler and Patrick. It seemed clear from the start that Blake was enamored of the whole Patrick image. Patrick is a very competent singer, and I enjoyed his voice, but I felt that Tyler's voice was clearly better. Blake is probably looking at the marketability angle and knows that all those female country fans will drool over Patrick and his classic cowboy looks far more than over a guy in glasses wearing a bow tie.

I was thinking that before Blake ever opened his mouth. That's especially true if Blake has been watching AI and seen how popular Scotty is. It's a shame, because I thought Tyler could have been another Buddy Holly-type, what with his nerdy image.

Out of the 4 picks, that was the only I seriously disagreed with. I couldn't make up my mind between Frenchie and Tarralyn and, although I favored Vicci, I thought Nikki had a great voice, too. I'm glad Casey made it because she was my choice, but Tim did better than I thought he would. I thought it was interesting that CLo said Casey reminded him of Stevie Nicks--and that was a bad thing. He would rather hear somebody with an original voice like Tim.

Also, I loved Blake's remark at the end. "Someday CLo is going to look back at his worst mistakes and say this was one of them, pairing Vicci and Nikki." I totally agree, and I also wonder what these coaches were thinking by putting their best talent against each other. As somebody said here, why dilute your talent pool so early?

Is the show only going to be an hour? I thought that maybe it was an hour this week due to Biggest Loser having a special or something.
    Last edited by Babbred; 05-11-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Great show last night! I thought most all of the performances were super good.

Please excuse me if I don't know how this show works. I have limited time and sometines ff through the technical stuff.

If it is left up to the judges, then why would they pair two people who are sooooo good against each other? I don't see why that makes sense. It seems to me that may be scripted for drama and it just looks like it was their choice.

Also, is this the end of the line for the discarded singers from last night or will they return in some way and be allowed to be picked by a different coach? THis is just an idea I got that would shake things up. Just curious.
    I don't think they are pairing the strongest singers against each other. As others have said, looks are coming into play now. I think they knew who they perfered before they even sang.

Taking Christina's picks as an example, she had two black women but only wanted one to be in her final 4. She knew she wanted Frenchie because she is alreadly known, marketable, good singer and beautiful.

Cee Lo and Blake, same thing. I forget who Adam chose at the moment.

So far I really love this show! Nice to have a unique format.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

I was thinking that before Blake ever opened his mouth. That's especially true if Blake has been watching AI and seen how popular Scotty is. It's a shame, because I thought Tyler could have been another Buddy Holly-type, what with his nerdy image.

Out of the 4 picks, that was the only I seriously disagreed with. I couldn't make up my mind between Frenchie and Tarralyn and, although I favored Vicci, I thought Nikki had a great voice, too. I'm glad Casey made it because she was my choice, but Tim did better than I thought he would. I thought it was interesting that CLo said Casey reminded him of Stevie Nicks--and that was a bad thing. He would rather hear somebody with an original voice like Tim.

Also, I loved Blake's remark at the end. "Someday CLo is going to look back at his worst mistakes and say this was one of them, pairing Vicci and Nikki." I totally agree, and I also wonder what these coaches were thinking by putting their best talent against each other. As somebody said here, why dilute your talent pool so early?

Is the show only going to be an hour? I thought that maybe it was an hour this week due to Biggest Loser having a special or something.
    Unfortunately, the Biggest Loser is almost always 2 hours. I hope the battle rounds are 2 hours next year. The Biggest Loser is almost over so the voting rounds will be longer, I think.

I think Blake comes from the country world and he thinks of things from a country perspective. That's why he doesn't like runs or Tyler very much. I had hoped that his adviser would not be a country artist but I suppose he doesn't really know anyone else. I thought he had a lot of nerve saying Cee-Lo made a mistake considering he made a bigger one. I think it sort of suggests that he paired his battle knowing which he would send home. I think if you ask Cee-Lo why he compared 2 talented singers against each other, he'd say that he thinks all 8 of his acts are really talented. He seems to have the most faith in his team from what we have seen. That is an assumption. Since we didn't see Niki's audition, maybe she didn't show a lot of promise and he thought she would be TKO'd by Vicci.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I don't think they are pairing the strongest singers against each other. As others have said, looks are coming into play now. I think they knew who they perfered before they even sang.

Taking Christina's picks as an example, she had two black women but only wanted one to be in her final 4. She knew she wanted Frenchie because she is alreadly known, marketable, good singer and beautiful.

Cee Lo and Blake, same thing. I forget who Adam chose at the moment.

So far I really love this show! Nice to have a unique format.
    Adam chose Casey, perhaps the most marketable of the 4 so far sent forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Xtina's team first.

Tarralyn and Frenchie paired, to sing a song by Beyonce.

Xtina has chosen some Australian singer named Cia to help her coach.
    Her name is Sia Furler and I had never heard of her either until I did the music research for my DWTS recap for this week. Among other songs, she is the songwriter for the third episode of The Twilight Saga. Anyway - at least I knew her name when Christina introduced her.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wonder how much the experience they had coaching the contestants played in to their choices. If they found one of the two more coachable or disliked someone's attitude, did that play in to their choices tonight? It seems like it would have to have some impact.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    So do I, but not Blake. The higher seed got the benefit of the doubt from the ref. Tyler not having that country voice hurt.
    Honestly Tyler was doomed from the start. When Blake turned around, you could tell he was like ah crap. He would have chosen Patrick regardless. I don't think it was the country thing though or Blake wouldn't have turned around for Tyler. Remember that he was the only one who turned for him. I think Blake is about marketing and knows someone like Tyler couldn't be marketed into a star. Blake also ducked the heavy guy who sang Rascal Flatts.

That being said, I don't condemn Blake's pick to move on. I only condemn his choice of song for them. Burning Love? Seriously? It's not a singer's song. I'd liken it to I Kissed a Girl for Frenchie's audition song. Elvis could pull it off because at one time Elvis was like walking sex to a lot of women. But I'm sure even he would tell you it wasn't one of his vocal marvels.

Had Blake really wanted to stack the deck, he'd have chosen a country song for them. Patrick shines at those. He nailed Live Like You Were Dying and would easily out sing Scotty McCreary. I think Patrick is great, but Burning Love isn't a song that will make anyone great. I also think he will get a lot of votes and Blake is smart enough to know that. Blake is trying to win in the end, and he knows Tyler wouldn't win.
    Last edited by yourefired; 05-12-2011 at 04:56 AM.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Blake is sticking out for all the wrong reasons as a judge on this show.

I really felt the other judges decided who they wanted during the battle rounds and Blake already had his mind set before hand.

Adam picking Casey was no brainer. Vicci and Casey are my favorite contestants so far, but there is still a lot we haven't seen yet. So I am keeping an open mind at this point.

Good show so far!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast