+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

Great show last night! I thought most all of the performances were super good.

Please excuse me if I don't know how this show works. I have limited time and sometines ff through the technical stuff. If it is left up to the judges, then why would they pair two people who are sooooo good against each other? I don't see why that makes sense. It seems to me that may be scripted for drama and it just looks like it was their choice.

Also, is this the end of the line for the discarded singers from last night or will they return in some way and be allowed to be picked by a different coach? THis is just an idea I got that would shake things up. Just curious.

FORT Fan

I agree with you, Debb! It seems that, by pairing really strong singers, the coaches are simply diluting the talent base of their teams. I am under the impression that last night's cast-offs are finished but, if it similar to the first season of Idol, the producers could be making up the rules as they go along!! Who knows??

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    I agree with you, Debb! It seems that, by pairing really strong singers, the coaches are simply diluting the talent base of their teams. I am under the impression that last night's cast-offs are finished but, if it similar to the first season of Idol, the producers could be making up the rules as they go along!! Who knows??
    Yes, I think it would shake it up if somehow, those singers who were discarded by their own coach, could have the chance to be picked up by another coach. What payback that would be? And a lot of drama. Anyway, I'm not familar with how the game will go, but in a way that makes it more interesting and exciting.

Is it just me or does anyone thing that looks are now coming into play? Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I'm not sure that Frenchie should have been picked here. I guess I feel like she's had enough exposure and shouldn't a label have picked her up by now? I read here that Tarralyn has also won a competition, so maybe the same is true of her.
    When it comes down to it, I think it was a terrible pairing. Perhaps they both should have been paired with other strong competitors, and then both would do or die by a more unique pairing. Frenchie CAN sing, but I would have liked to see her compared to someone else, and the experience she's had already would be a mark against her in my book if I were her trainer.
    Probably 75% of the cast has experience. If you read their bios on the NBC web site, you can learn about some of it. For Example, Tori and Taylor won American Juniors, Javier Colon released a major album and a pretty successful single called "Crazy" in 2003, Dia was the lead singer of a group named after her, and Nakia was in a an independent film. Also, Vicci has opened for a lot of big acts and Tje opened for Trey Songz, I think. Oh and Raquel was a child star.
    There are a few in the competition without a lot of experience, I think. It seems like most of the contestants were scouted. Frenchie said a scout asked her to try out after seeing her sing at a gay bar. These guys have pasts. So of course that means you can check them out their videos and web pages. They all have them!
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Is it just me or does anyone thing that looks are now coming into play? Just saying.....
    I think that was definitely the case with Tyler and Patrick. It seemed clear from the start that Blake was enamored of the whole Patrick image. Patrick is a very competent singer, and I enjoyed his voice, but I felt that Tyler's voice was clearly better. Blake is probably looking at the marketability angle and knows that all those female country fans will drool over Patrick and his classic cowboy looks far more than over a guy in glasses wearing a bow tie.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I think that was definitely the case with Tyler and Patrick. It seemed clear from the start that Blake was enamored of the whole Patrick image. Patrick is a very competent singer, and I enjoyed his voice, but I felt that Tyler's voice was clearly better. Blake is probably looking at the marketability angle and knows that all those female country fans will drool over Patrick and his classic cowboy looks far more than over a guy in glasses wearing a bow tie.
    You said it.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Patrick was not as good as Tyler. The other I thought were pretty good picks.

I am looking forward to the next show

FORT Regular

I love, love this show and I agree with everyone that 1 hour is not long enough. I agree with the 3 choices except for Blake's. I thought that Tyler had more passion and had a much better voice. But I am thinking that because America ends up voting for the winner and the coaches want their singer to win, I think Blake picked Patrick because of the appeal that he will have with the younger voters and Patrick's potential, much like how Adam picked Casey over Tim. Other than that, can't wait for next week.

I fially watched the show & enjoyed it a bunch. I think Blake's pick was them worst of them all & that Casey girl on Adam's team really has something special with her voice. The other 2 girls were good, but came across to me as more screamers than stylists.

Is this show going to be repeated? I don't have a DVR and would like to see it. I don't see why they have to put it on at 10:00, I won't be able to watch it at that time.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast