+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

For me, this slow start will diminish its competition over American Idol. In four weeks, we will have forgotten who Casey was!!

No, we wont.They keep showing him in the audience of DWTS.

Wow I did not think last night was boring at all and am really looking forward to the next pairings next week. I liked all the choices made by the coaches except for Blake's......sometimes I think he over thinks it and its still looking for the "whole" package rather than just the voice. I think he liked Patrick's more marketable look than Tyler's. I don't think the other coaches should be saying who they would pick out of the pairings though. (It would be in their best interest to name the weakest one to try to influence the other coach to pick the one that would not be as strong when they go against the other teams) I kind of think this was a reason Blake did not pick Tyler. Kind of like trying to show he could pick for himself and not be influenced by the other coaches. (It might have been the wrong decision in the long run).
    Choices are the hinges of destiny.

I didn't think it was either. I enjoyed it.Far more than AI. I will watch in next week, the eliminations on DTWS is way too long( and predictable)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    For me, this slow start will diminish its competition over American Idol. In four weeks, we will have forgotten who Casey was!!

No, we wont.They keep showing him in the audience of DWTS.
    LOL - I meant the Casey that sang on The Voice last night!! Man, it's only been twelve hours and you've already forgotten her -- or did I forget her name?? I may have called her by the wrong name....

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    LOL - I meant the Casey that sang on The Voice last night!! Man, it's only been twelve hours and you've already forgotten her -- or did I forget her name?? I may have called her by the wrong name....

You are right, I have forgotten her.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

I'm not sure that Frenchie should have been picked here. I guess I feel like she's had enough exposure and shouldn't a label have picked her up by now? I read here that Tarralyn has also won a competition, so maybe the same is true of her.
    When it comes down to it, I think it was a terrible pairing. Perhaps they both should have been paired with other strong competitors, and then both would do or die by a more unique pairing. Frenchie CAN sing, but I would have liked to see her compared to someone else, and the experience she's had already would be a mark against her in my book if I were her trainer.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You are right, I have forgotten her.
    I hope that I am wrong about the "cast" being forgettable after several weeks. The situation with AI is that each performer sings each week -- good or bad. For those that missed one of the initial weeks of The Voice, they haven't even been introduced to some of the upcoming singers. As we see on these message boards, some members of the AI audience become obsessed with one contestant and cannot seem to "hear" the forest for the trees. Looking ahead if I were an obsessed Casey supporter, I could just not tune in for the next three episodes and catch up with her in the next round.

Just my musings -- may be completely incorrect!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    I'm not sure that Frenchie should have been picked here. I guess I feel like she's had enough exposure and shouldn't a label have picked her up by now? I read here that Tarralyn has also won a competition, so maybe the same is true of her.
    When it comes down to it, I think it was a terrible pairing. Perhaps they both should have been paired with other strong competitors, and then both would do or die by a more unique pairing. Frenchie CAN sing, but I would have liked to see her compared to someone else, and the experience she's had already would be a mark against her in my book if I were her trainer.
    I agree, but I think it may be all about ratings. If they are trying to abscond with the AI audience, then choosing a former well-known Idol participant is a smart move. I am still skeptical of the way the "story of The Voice" is being told.

I am not a fan of Frenchie, but I will wait and see how she is voted

I'm probably giving it too much thought and giving Christina too much credit but what if she put those two together so that the two who already had their chances would have to go head to head and then she would only have one who already had her chance? I'm just saying that perhaps she feels like you in thinking that if they were that great then a record label should already have them on the roster so why take up a spot on two who already had their chances?

Yeah, probably giving her too much credit.

I don't like Frenchie. Her voice, her vibe, her attitude (not saying she has a bad one, just that I don't like hers). And other than knowing that Tarralyn has already won some competition, I don't remember much about her. So don't care which or if both went home.

Not at all surprised that Adam got rid of the one he thought was a girl. I said when he picked him (posted it here) that he would be the first one Adam ditched. The disappointment on his face could not have been clearer when he turned around and saw it was a guy singing.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast