+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

Re: The Voice 5/10 ***Spoilers***

I like Vicci more, but I think Niki won that round if you go on voice. That song hit her sweet spot, and she hit it.
    Last edited by AsIs; 05-10-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

So far, I'm not agreeing with too many of the picks....

FORT Fan

Vicki has great stage presense and such a pretty face.

Tough choice...but I think Vicki was the right one.

Good show....wish it was longer than one hour.

Blake and Adam are pairing statically. Keeping who they "want" to keep. Cee-lo and Christina paired based on similar vocal ability. Not sure which strategy will win out in the end. Diversity of styles might increase odds of winning. Not sure.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fan

Thought Christina and Adam made the right choices. I think the girl going against Frenchie really tried to oversing it and while her highs were excellent, her lows were abysmal.

Not surprised Tim went home. He didn't have anywhere near the power to match up to Casey. Adam definitely put someone he wanted to keep agasint someone he regretted picking.

I was kinda disappointed in Blake's choice. I love love love Patrick's voice....but I was sure Tyler had him beat. He just attacked it more, and gave a better performance. I don't think it was necessarily his image but the 'runs' that got him eliminated. Blake is just way more comfortable with a straight-forward singer who has a solid voice over vocal acrobatics. I really wish he had paired these two against other people because I would have liked to see them both stay.

Man, that last one was hard....Vicki has such a unique voice, and Niki has the kind of really killer voice that's popular right now. Would have been happy with either winning....although I thought Vicki's 'war dance' as Cee-lo called it was extremely strange and distracting. Looked like she was a sumo wrestler psyching herself up before a match.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I agreed with every single pick tonight, but Casey blew me away! WOW! During her audition, I didn't think she had a very strong voice but the girl brought it tonight. Poor Tim, you know he wants a music career badly but he just doesn't have that "It" factor and a mediocre voice.

That one hour went by way too fast! Why can't it be on twice a week? The anticipation is gonna kill me! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher View Post
    Vicki has great stage presense and such a pretty face.

Tough choice...but I think Vicki was the right one.

Good show....wish it was longer than one hour.
    Ditto!it was too short. Its so much better than American Idol. Such talent.I love the concept.

Oh damn I don't agree with 3 of the 4 choices. Disappointing! I think Taralyn has a better voice than Frenchie while Nikki has a better voice than Vicky. But Blake is who i'm hating right now. Tyler took the damn song by the balls! Even the other judges picked him and he took Blake's advice. Wasn't expecting him to sing better but he did. I think he was robbed and it seems that Blake already made his decision prior. He was just biased towards singers that sing his style. As for Adam, good strategy and it would be something I would do, to pair someone who has the most potential over someone who is my least favorite. It would be an easier decision. I thought Tim got it in the bag but when I heard Casey sing, I knew she was taking it.

I don't get it why the other judges are pairing contestants that are suppose to be their best vocalists. But then again may be not. Taralyn may not have been in Xtina's top 4 and Tyler was Blake's least favorite despite having the better vocals. However, Cee Lo should not have paired Nikki and Vicky, it was a bad bad strategy. I think Adam is the best coach and he should win.

Wow! Great episode! I thought some of the coaches blew it though!

Frenchie vs. Tarralyn
    Frenchie basically owned it. She was professional, she took fewer risks but made fewer mistakes, worked the face. Tarralyn really just went out of control. That's too bad. Also, I didn't like that the editing made it seem like Frenchie had all this experience and Tarralyn had none. We know she already won a reality tv competition show! Christina made the right choice. It seemed obvious and I am surprised Sia said she didn't know who to pick.

Patrick vs. Tyler
    What the heck? What are you on, Blake? Not only was Tyler outstanding, but Partick was horrible! Patrick was cheesy and didn't show much range. I guess it was that "babay" at the end that did it for Blake. You know, I think Blake is genre-ist. He only likes country music. He is not looking for "the voice" but "the next country star." I have noticed that he seems to only respond well to "twangs." I don't know why he bothered picking Tyler. Maybe as fodder. This one was a knockout and Tyler should have been declared the winner. The first robbing of the evening.

Casey Weston vs. Tim
    This one was a tougher one for me. I did think Casey deserved to win but Tim does have such a unique voice. It is tough to see him go. Casey was incredible. I didn't think she could do that. I thought she was forcing some of it a little. I mean, her sound didn't always come off as authentic. She said she was more of a beginner so maybe that will go away sooner rather than later.

Vicci vs. Niki
    When I first say this pairing, I knew Vicci would win because they didn't bother to show Niki's audition. I am fin with that because I liked Vicci's potential. From the preview it looked pretty even. But I have to say that I think Niki really blew Vicci away. Vicci came off amateurish. I wanted her to sound like a rock legend but I thought it was more karaoke champion or shower singer. That was really unfortunate. I still like her voice and her potential but Casey, who battled before her, had already grown leaps and bounds in the short time they were there. I thought Niki was more polished, had a better sound to her voice, had more passion, and a better performance. I disagree with Cee-Lo's decision and I think Vicci was kept because of her novelty and not because she was more deserving. It still wasn't as bad as Blake's decision because at least Vicci has above average talent. Niki was the best tonight.

I'd rank them like this:
    1.Niki
    2. Frenchie
    3. Casey
    4. Tyler
    5. Vicci
    6. Tim
    7. Tarralyn
    8. Patrick
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

FORT Fan

Four weeks of these battles will get very boring -- I hadn't realized til last night that all 16 would not be chosen by the end of the episode, but I should have figured out the time limitation.

For me, this slow start will diminish its competition over American Idol. In four weeks, we will have forgotten who Casey was!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast