+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: The Voice 5/3 ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: The Voice 5/3 ***Spoilers***

The more I read about this show, the more I realize that almost none of these singers are undiscovered talent. I don't mind that at all. It makes the talent better.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter View Post
    So, where was the guy everyone hated from Rockstar? Lukas?

Looks like they didn't air every audition maybe.
    I was wondering that myself. Each time a contestant came up, I thought, "Ok, but where's the guy everybody hates?" Maybe Fierce was right, and they didn't air his audition. Maybe they just used it in the commercial to get people hyped up. "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" has been known to do that.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    The more I read about this show, the more I realize that almost none of these singers are undiscovered talent. I don't mind that at all. It makes the talent better.
    That depends on the definition of "undiscovered." It seems as though a lot of them have been around but have never had a record deal or never really got anything going. So in that sense, they would be undiscovered.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

So, where was the guy everyone hated from Rockstar? Lukas?

Looks like they didn't air every audition maybe.
    I was wondering that too, but can't say I missed seeing him.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Respectfully disagree.

I know a lot of people who never made it past open mic night at local coffee houses who are better than a lot of the people we saw on these two audition shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I was wondering that myself. Each time a contestant came up, I thought, "Ok, but where's the guy everybody hates?" Maybe Fierce was right, and they didn't air his audition. Maybe they just used it in the commercial to get people hyped up. "The Bachelor/Bachelorette" has been known to do that.
    I kept expecting to see / hear Lukas since they showed him during the commercials. When he didn't show up during the blind auditions, I kept thinking that he would be one of the second chance people -- but still no sign of him. Hooray !

Maybe they got too many complaints when people saw him in the early promos, so the producers decided not to air his audition after all .
    I did want to see the judges reaction to him though, that could have been fun !

FORT Fogey

I know a lot of people who never made it past open mic night at local coffee houses who are better than a lot of the people we saw on these two audition shows.
    Yes, I was surprized to see the blonde woman chosen. She was beyond "pitchy." I cringed through her song.

There are a couple that I think have good voices, but some of them are not good at all IMO. Maybe the coaches are going to really turn them around.

Do you recall the girl who said she worked as a backup singer for Carrie Underwood and some other artist. I had to wonder why she had not been able to get more attention if she was that good. After she sang, I understood why. I think she didn't get picked, but came back and did the second time. That will be interesting.

FORT Fogey

Respectfully disagree.

I am saying that I like that discovered talent is not disqualified from the competition. In general, I think people already in the industry tend to be more talented or marketable than those who are not. So I am happy that we can see them compete on this show.

I'm not making any criticisms about this show. I am thrilled with the concept, have enjoyed almost every performance and heard great potential in the voices chosen so far and that potential can be coaxed out by the pro coaches. I am enjoying this show thoroughly, love the concept and find The Voice much more fresh and entertaining than American idol. I love that there isn't an age limit and that there is a decent variety of sound with differing levels of experience.
    "You have to remember, sometimes your `buddy' isn't really your `buddy' in this game." -Donny

+ Reply to Thread