+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Blake Shelton - Coach

Blake Shelton - Coach

With two "Six Paks," Blake Shelton is feeling as good as he's ever felt about his career.
    "This has been an amazing year for me," he says. "If you would have told me when I started out that I would have six major awards [including a CMA win for Male Vocalist of the Year, a Grammy nomination, three CDs in the top 10, a sold-out headlining tour and induction into the Grand Ole Opry], I would have thought you were pulling my leg."

The "Six Paks," of course, are Blake's two most recent CDs. The first, "Hillbilly Bone," included a title track that reached No. 1 spot on the singles charts and won Blake four major awards - Vocal Event of the Year from the Academy of Country Music, Musical Event of the Year from the Country Music Awards and the Collaborative Video of the Year (with his partner in crime Trace Adkins) from CMT.

His follow-up release, "All About Tonight," debuted at No. 1 on the SoundScan Top Country Albums chart and No. 6 on Billboard's Top 200 chart, making it Shelton's highest charting record to date.

Blake has hit a sweet spot with these latest releases, drawing on the talents of songwriting buddies like Rhett Akins, Dallas Davidson, Ben Hayslip, Jeff Bates, Tony Mullins and Craig Wiseman. "All About Tonight" continues Blake's tradition of capturing on record both the touching and the rowdy aspects of country life.

On "All About Tonight," Blake teams up here with fiance Miranda Lambert for "Draggin' the River," a song about two young lovers with a daring plan for eloping in the face of a daddy's displeasure at the prospect of their marriage. Miranda and Hillary Scott added their writing talents to the project with "Suffocating," which features another powerful performance by Blake.
    In his third release this year, Blake pulls out his first-ever greatest hits album with "Loaded: The Best of Blake Shelton," which debuted in the Top 10. The release adds Blake to an elite group of artists who have charted three records in one year; among those are Garth Brooks, Kenny Chesney and Alan Jackson.

Blake has visited the No. 1 spot on the country singles chart no fewer than seven times, with four of those coming in the last three years as his career has reached cruising altitude. Both "Home" from Pure BS Deluxe and "She Wouldn't Be Gone" from "Startin' Fires" hit the top, and he has not had a single that peaked outside the top 10 since 2007. "Loaded: The Best of Blake Shelton" includes Blake's current single, "Who Are You When I'm Not Looking."

And while he is blazing trails with "Six Paks," setting an example other artists have begun following, Blake is re-inventing the way country's rowdier acts are connecting with fans via social networking. His tweets are irreverent, edgy, timely and hilarious, and they have become the talk of fans and industry alike. And his YouTube videos? Well, with titles like "Top Six Country Haircuts," you know you're dealing with a mind that has been twisted just right, and you'd be hard-pressed not to find them hilarious.

Blake has also had a breakthrough year on the personal front. Though he is perhaps rather rough-hewn when it comes to polite society (it did not take a lot of work to fit his personality to the plot of the "Hillbilly Bone" video), he has capped his relationship with fellow chart-topper Miranda with a conversation with her father - a moment they revisit with a great deal of hilarity on "All About Tonight's" only duet, "Draggin' the River" - and a formal proposal and ring. It was old-fashioned redneck chivalry at its finest.

Things have never looked better for the young man who left Ada, Oklahoma, at 17 for Nashville after encouragement from Mae Axton ("Heartbreak Hotel"). He met another legendary writer, Bobby Braddock ("He Stopped Loving Her Today"), who helped him develop his formidable talents. The going was slow initially, but Blake finally signed with Warner Bros. and in the wake of an impressive debut, he was on his way.

Now, with his first ACM, CMA and CMT award wins this year, the release of his greatest hits album and his induction into the Grand Ole Opry, Shelton is on his best roll yet.

The Voice - NBC Official Site

My favorite mentor by a mile, after the first show. Hopefully I still feel that way by the end of the season.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

Re: Blake Shelton - Coach

My my my.

He is just incredible and it is VERY obvious that when he hit the button, he means he is very serious to help the singer he picked!

I cannot wait to see him with his team. I am not convinced about the duet but very much convinced about his choice with XENIA. Patrick will also go far, I like his voice but not his personality tho. So XENIA all the way with Blake.

I love the way he interacts with Adam and the others. So funny!!

I have recorded the show last night and watched later. I was able to stop at the spot when he realized the contestant was singing his fiance's song. I think two of them did her songs. I can't recall which one it was, but think it was THe House That Made Me. His eyes got so big and he looked horrified. I know he acted okay with it, but his expression said it all.

FORT Fan

Yeah, like he said, that song has a lot of history with him-I know he really, really wanted to cut it, but let Miranda have it. After it went #1, it kinda became a running joke that he'd say to her "Hey, I heard MY #1 on the radio."

I think with that song, more than the fact that it was sung by his fiance, he wanted to hear in the voice that the person was really connecting with, and had lived, the lyrics. Blake (and Miranda, and a lot of country singers) are very straight-forward in their singing style. He definitely left a lot of the singers who did 'runs and ad-libs' to the other judges and went with the ones who were more about just delivering the lyrics and being energetic and passionate in the way they sing. Probably what turned him off to the girl that sang House That Built Me. The way Miranda delivers it is very stark and stripped down so it lets you focus on the great lyrics, and the girl last night seemed more interested in playing around with her delivery.

I love Blake Shelton. He's terrific on tv, he naturally has these great one-liners he can spout off at all times.

FORT Fogey

He was a "coach" for a holiday realty show "Clash of the Choirs" (i.e. the precursor to the Sing Off). I REALLY, REALLY enjoyed that show and Blake did a good job. He and Nick Lachey had amazing choirs. Nick won in the end, but Blake's team was great.

I can only guess that this experience will help him a great deal in this experience.

I love him BUT....does anybody else think he has crazy eyes? He is my favorite judge but I like them all.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Harmony, I LOVE his eyes. I just think he is soooo HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Harmony, I LOVE his eyes. I just think he is soooo HOT.
    Miranda Lambert is going to hurt you! And all the legions of women who have suddenly become country fans lol.

No, he's got beautiful eyes but they can get so intense that they look like crazy stalker eyes.

What I like the most about him is how excited he gets. My husband keeps saying he wants to play poker with him because he'd make a killing. He said that Blake keeps giving away his picks because he can't help himself but show how excited he is when he turns around which makes the others turn around and steal his pick.

I also really like the way he will urge one of the other coaches to grab that singer, even going so far as to yell at them. He definitely wears his heart/passion on his sleeve.

I did find it interesting that he didn't choose a single person who sang one of his songs or one of Miranda's songs. It's a bad idea to sing the song that any of these coaches have a close connection to (like it's theirs or belongs to their SO).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I'm just teasing, but look at Blake's eyes in the group photo a the top of this page. His eyes are CRAZY looking. LOL

Seriously, I love Blake. I have been a fan for a long time. My favorites are Austin, from way back when, The Baby, (I actually cry like a baby everytime I hear it.) and Hillbilly Bone. That song brings out the redneck in me and I never knew I had any! LOL

I'm anxious to see what he has in store.

My predicition is that he and Miranda will never marry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast