+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Christina Aguilera - Coach

Re: Christina Aguilera - Coach

I didn't particularly like either of those 2 girls. Weakest of the 4 pairings for me.

I was shocked that I didn't like them either! I was expecting a powerhouse performance, but all we got were two strong voices trying to overpower the other, causing both of them to sound messy and all over the place. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating because I didn't think it was that bad. But it was my definitely my least favorite duo of the night.

I must add, though, that I really appreciate Christina's choice to put Tarralyn and Frenchie together. They are both strong singers: we all know what Frenchie is capable of, and Tarralyn had the best audition IMO. For this reason, Christina could have easily put them in different duos and had both of them reach the voting rounds. (I feel that's what Blake and Adam did with their first pairs.) But no, she actually paired them up because they were the most similar. So props to Miss Aguilera! Definitely my favorite coach out of the four.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I must add, though, that I really appreciate Christina's choice to put Tarralyn and Frenchie together. They are both strong singers: we all know what Frenchie is capable of, and Tarralyn had the best audition IMO. For this reason, Christina could have easily put them in different duos and had both of them reach the voting rounds. (I feel that's what Blake and Adam did with their first pairs.) But no, she actually paired them up because they were the most similar. So props to Miss Aguilera! Definitely my favorite coach out of the four.
    An interesting approach -- I hadn't thought of it that way. CrossingGuard, how would you pair up the rest of her team to maximize potential?

Quote Originally Posted by Tammi View Post
    An interesting approach -- I hadn't thought of it that way. CrossingGuard, how would you pair up the rest of her team to maximize potential?
    The question would be her end strategy. I felt she pulled her two strongest singers first to weed out the strongest and then the rest of her people, while good in their own respect, are just there to pick off or maybe garner some vote for commercial appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    The question would be her end strategy. I felt she pulled her two strongest singers first to weed out the strongest and then the rest of her people, while good in their own respect, are just there to pick off or maybe garner some vote for commercial appeal.
    That sounds fascinating. However, each mentor has to have 4 contestants for the live rounds. Wouldn't it be wise to have a couple of strong contestants in case one gets knocked off? I mean, look at AI. One of their strongest contestants just got knocked off because of a fluke (judges criticizing another contestant). Now the rest of the show is going to be a walkover for the other strong contestant.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    That sounds fascinating. However, each mentor has to have 4 contestants for the live rounds. Wouldn't it be wise to have a couple of strong contestants in case one gets knocked off? I mean, look at AI. One of their strongest contestants just got knocked off because of a fluke (judges criticizing another contestant). Now the rest of the show is going to be a walkover for the other strong contestant.
    Strongest singer does not equate to being palatable to the public. She probably knows some of the ones who would garner the public's votes and sell records are not as strong of singers. While I think Frenchie and Tarralyn (?) have good voices I would never buy a record by either of them. I might not think some of her other ones have the strongest voices but I might buy a record by them depending on what they put out.

I would guess to a degree Blake is also going for the most marketable/total package sort of people too and getting rid of some of his stronger voices as a result.

I would bet if this was a completely blind competition where the judges never ever saw the contestants that they would take a different strategy which put more weight on the quality of the singing versus the marketability.

me too and i love that adam calls her out on it!

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I find her highly annoying.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    Strongest singer does not equate to being palatable to the public.

I would bet if this was a completely blind competition where the judges never ever saw the contestants that they would take a different strategy which put more weight on the quality of the singing versus the marketability.
    I agree with your premise wholeheartedly....but that is why I cannot understand why she kept Frenchie! If Frenchie WERE going to be marketable, her career would have taken off by now!! She has had plenty of opportunities. I don't know anything about Tarralyn -- never saw her before this show -- but apparently she also has been given television opportunities but has not become a star. Maybe Christina needed to get rid of both of them!!

Maybe Xtina felt that Frenchie might be a little more sympathetic? I mean, it's still a big controversy her getting kicked off Idol. That's different than somebody who won another show and hasn't been able to make it since then. Maybe Xtina felt it was Frenchie who truly needed a second chance.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I think she just picked Frenchie because Frenchie was better. Tarralyn obviously blew it but even if she hadn't, she is so old-fashioned. I think if you compare Idol Frenchie to The Voice Frenchie, you will see a big difference. Frenchie is singing catchy songs now and she is more concerned with performance instead of belting. Tarralyn approached this show much like she approached the last one. The Voice seems to be more current than other American singing competitions are and I think Frenchie seems to be the more appealing to the current market.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast