+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Voice on NBC

Re: The Voice on NBC

I think I saw Frenchie Davis (idol Season 2) during the preview. Looks like her twitter page confirms it.

I loved the preview. I think I'll watch. I don't watch AI, but this looks interesting.

I will check it out

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard View Post
    I looked it up to see if this franchise (originally from the Netherlands) came before Simon created the X-Factor. But nope, the X-Factor was first.
    Thank you. I was curious about that.

Obviously, I have high hopes for this show.
    So do I. AI has grown stale, so I'm ready for a change.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Thanks for posting the link to the preview video ! I really like the country singer Patrick Thomas, glad he is going to be on Blakes team .

I checked him out, and found his YouTube channel "patricksings09", here is the link: YouTube - patricksings09's Channel

His myspace music page has several songs: Patrick Thomas(music myspace) Music | Listen for Free and Download

Cool. It is based off of a show in Holland. I listened to another trailer and they are two-for-two with great voices!

I liked the preview, I'll definitely watch...

I like that Mark Burnett said they would not be having the (supposed) comic element of showing people who cannot sing. Yay! No trying to embarrass people for cheap laughs!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    There is a 12 minute extended preview that seems really, really promising. Features the four judges singing "Crazy" & one country singer contestant that I actually liked. Definitely worth checking out. I wonder if I'll be able to buy this judge collaboration.

The Voice - Extended Preview of The Voice - Video - NBC.com
    I'm definitely tuning in after watching this preview. Thanks for sharing!

I'm intrigued with the fact that the "blind auditions" (as the show will be referring to them) only consist of good singers. That's one way that this show separates itself from all of the other singing shows! Although, it also adds an extra sting when a coach doesn't turn around. Not to mention that you have the family watching closely backstage. I loved seeing Patrick's fam go crazy when the coaches turned around... but I don't know if I can bear watching a fam get disappointed when their loved one doesn't get a coach.

Also, I'm wondering about that set number of eight. Can the coaches go over that number and then choose eight from their picks? I don't know, it looks like they choose eight and only eight. That means that they have to be smart with their decisions: should they turn around for a contestant that they kind of like, or wait until a better contestant hopefully comes? What if a better contestant doesn't come? Wouldn't that give an advantage to the people who audition later in the show? Even if they weren't better than that one contestant that the coach passed up, they would still have to turn around and fill out their picks.

Okay, maybe I'm looking into it too much. I don't know if I even made sense. I should just wait for this coming Tuesday.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I'm looking forward to this show....except for Carson Daly. Really? Ugh.

+ Reply to Thread