+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Voice on NBC

Re: The Voice on NBC

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter View Post
    All of this is kinda pointless argument anyway. These shows are disingenuous and all seeded with both people of genuine talent and people with crap talent. It wouldn't be as interesting if there wasn't a Sanjaya or Lee Dewyze to laugh at. Every story needs an underdog/villain/fool.
    Actually, I watch these shows because I like singing and I want to be entertained. I'm not entertained by bad singing and I don't want to make fun of anyone, or hear them trashed by the judges who put them on the show to begin with. Give me a show filled with good singers - already "discovered" or not - and I'm happy.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Actually, I watch these shows because I like singing and I want to be entertained. I'm not entertained by bad singing and I don't want to make fun of anyone, or hear them trashed by the judges who put them on the show to begin with. Give me a show filled with good singers - already "discovered" or not - and I'm happy.

I was so glad that AI dropped the horrible contestants during the auditions this year. I'm also really glad that The Voice has followed suit.

As for Lee, I have nothing personal against him. He's a nice guy with a nice voice. I just thought that Chrystal was far more talented and deserved to win.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

How The Voice found their talent: How The Voice Found Its Singers - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Michelle McNulty, the casting director for NBC's new hit series The Voice and her team spent months tracking down performers in clubs, at rehearsal studios, on YouTube and via personal contacts in order to find the right contestants.

She went out there and really busted her ass to make sure we looked all over for undiscovered talent," Burnett says. The Voice has been open with the fact that it didn't rely solely on open auditions (like the ones seen on Idol), although it did hold casting calls in eight cities. One insider says it's an open secret that every show has casting agents who recruit talent to audition. Some performers even find themselves being pursued by multiple shows, he adds.

All told, McNulty and her staff flew 250 performers to Los Angeles to audition for The Voice's producers. From there, 100 people were chosen to sing in front of the show's coaches, Christina Aguilera, Adam Levine, Cee Lo Green and Blake Shelton.
    Considering the time frame & that it was a new show I think they did a pretty good job. I expect they will be able to draw in much more talent next season.

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
    How The Voice found their talent: How The Voice Found Its Singers - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

One insider says it's an open secret that every show has casting agents who recruit talent to audition. Some performers even find themselves being pursued by multiple shows, he adds.
    Are we really surprised at this?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Are we really surprised at this?
    Do you guys remember when Real World was huge? I think back then it came out that the reality tv stars all had agents and they went to websites that were looking for professional reality tv actors to play the parts. It was a huge stink.

So no. Nobody should be surprised about any of this. It's all rigged. We know it. Still no reason not to enjoy the show, just don't get too attached to anybody who isn't clearly a producers/judges favorite.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post

Considering the time frame & that it was a new show I think they did a pretty good job. I expect they will be able to draw in much more talent next season.
    Yes, they did a really good job! I guess you don't need tens of thousands of auditioners to find good talent. Take that, Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Do you guys remember when Real World was huge? I think back then it came out that the reality tv stars all had agents and they went to websites that were looking for professional reality tv actors to play the parts. It was a huge stink.

So no. Nobody should be surprised about any of this. It's all rigged. We know it. Still no reason not to enjoy the show, just don't get too attached to anybody who isn't clearly a producers/judges favorite.
    I was never into RW, so I don't remember that particular controversy. However, it doesn't surprise me at all. A few years ago I read in a magazine that there's an actual school that trains people how to get on and then do well on reality tv shows. It's run by former reality tv people. So no, nothing surprises me about "reality" television anymore. Like you said, it's all rigged. If you want proof, go back and watch a few seasons of "The Bachelor/rette." Over and over, every season, they cast the same "types" and have the same crises occur, so you know the producers have scripted it as well as any fictional drama.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I saw one commercial with Lukas Rossi from Rockstar: Supernova fame auditioning to be The Voice. Ick.

I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned already...........3 of the guys in the band are from the Rockstar: INXS and Supernova House Band!! Sasha (bass), Nate (drums) and Paul (piano). If you look closely in the practice sessions, that's Paul playing piano. I loved the House Band on Rockstar and am SO excited to see these guys back on TV again!

Definitely glad that Lukas did not make it through to any of the teams though. I didn't like his voice then and can't imagine its gotten better with time.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat View Post
    I didn't read the whole thread so I apologize if this has been mentioned already...........3 of the guys in the band are from the Rockstar: INXS and Supernova House Band!! Sasha (bass), Nate (drums) and Paul (piano). If you look closely in the practice sessions, that's Paul playing piano. I loved the House Band on Rockstar and am SO excited to see these guys back on TV again!

Definitely glad that Lukas did not make it through to any of the teams though. I didn't like his voice then and can't imagine its gotten better with time.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I had not noticed. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by AllyCat View Post

It's been mentioned. I noticed the Lead Bass right away and made the connection with Mark Burnette also doing Rockstar.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread