+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MFWalkoff
  • 1 Post By Punkin
  • 1 Post By Misty8723

Thread: Kelly Clarkson - Coach

Kelly Clarkson - Coach

Kelly Clarkson

Kelly Clarkson will serve as a coach on Season 14 of NBC's four-time Emmy Award-winning series "The Voice."

The acclaimed singer-songwriter released her highly anticipated new album, "Meaning of Life," the first for Atlantic Records, on October 27, 2017. "Meaning of Life" is the album Clarkson was destined to make with Atlantic: a collection of smart and sensual soul-inspired pop that immediately belongs among the legendary label's classic canon. For her eighth studio album - and follow-up to 2015's chart-topping "Piece by Piece" - Clarkson united a stellar team of top songwriters and producers to collaborate, among them past collaborators Jason Halbert, Jesse Shatkin and Grammy Award-winning Producer of the Year Greg Kurstin, as well as first-time collaborators Mick Schultz, The Monarch and Nick Ruth, among others.

Clarkson is among the most popular artists of this or any other era, with total worldwide sales of more than 25 million albums and 36 million singles. The Texas-born, Nashville-based singer-songwriter first came to fame in 2002 as the winner of the inaugural season of "American Idol." Clarkson's debut single, "A Moment Like This," followed and quickly went to No. 1 on Billboard's Hot 100, ultimately ranking as the year's best-selling single in the U.S. "Thankful," Clarkson's 2003 debut album, made its debut atop the SoundScan/Billboard 200 on its way to double-platinum certification from the RIAA.

"Breakaway" arrived in 2004 and truly affirmed Clarkson as a major pop force via such blockbuster singles as "Behind These Hazel Eyes" and "Since U Been Gone," the latter a chart-topping worldwide No. 1 smash as well as a double-platinum-certified Grammy winner for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance. The album remains Clarkson's most successful to date, currently certified six-times platinum by the RIAA with sales exceeding 6 million. "Breakaway" has been followed by a series of platinum- and gold-certified album releases, including 2007's platinum-certified "My December," 2009's "All I Ever Wanted," 2011's platinum-certified and Grammy-winning "Stronger," 2013's platinum-certified Christmas album "Wrapped in Red" and 2015's "Piece by Piece."

Clarkson is, without a doubt, one of pop's top singles artists, with 17 single releases now boasting multi-platinum, platinum and gold certifications around the world, including such global favorites as "Miss Independent," "Because of You," "Mr. Know It All," "Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)," "Heartbeat Song" and "My Life Would Suck Without You," the last of which holds the Billboard Hot 100 record for the biggest chart leap in a single week, from No. 97 all the way to No. 1.

Clarkson has received a vast array of awards and nominations, among them three Grammys, including two for Best Pop Vocal Album, making her the first artist to ever win that award twice. In addition, Clarkson has won 12 Billboard Music Awards, four American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, two Academy of Country Music Awards, two American Country Awards and one Country Music Association Award. The first artist to top each of Billboard's pop, adult contemporary, country and dance charts, Clarkson has made countless TV appearances, including performances during the 14th season of "American Idol" - the first-ever week of competition dedicated to a previous winner's discography.

Prior to becoming a coach, Clarkson has appeared on "The Voice" as a key advisor, helping to mentor the show's aspiring artists.

The Voice - Cast - NBC.com
    Punkin likes this.

San Francisco

Re: Kelly Clarkson - Coach

Thanks. I know nothing about her. (I'm totally mostly R&B.) But I've gotten to know a lot of artists signing on as coaches that I never knew much about before and have found that I like most of them. New season!! My favorite part of the show is the initial 'chair turning' episodes.

I also find that the show introduces me to new songs and music by currently popular entertainers (Chandelier!!!) outside of the R&B radio world I live in. I'm currently entranced by Ed Sheerin (especially his duet with Bocelli on You're Perfect). Learning to use Pandora with a little Bose speaker in my new, post-husband, life with a couple of 50 somethings (my son and DIL I now live with) has also opened my exposure. Along with "Maxwell Radio", "Andrea Bocelli Radio", "Annie Lennox Radio", "Anya Radio" and "Dixie Chicks Radio" stations I've created from my own personal favorites, I'm finding much more music to listen to that I would never had found in my old R&B (mostly) only radio listening experiences.
    Last edited by Punkin; 02-26-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    Misty8723 likes this.

Re: Kelly Clarkson - Coach

I agree about being exposed to music I never would have heard if not for shows like this. I don't listen to radio much, but when I do it's the oldies channels, so I don't hear any of the newer stuff. Some of it I find I really like.
    Punkin likes this.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread