+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Critical

Thread: 3/20-21 The Voice 12: Battle Rounds

3/20-21 The Voice 12: Battle Rounds

Battle pairings begin and all those contestants claimed at audition by their coach to be the WINNER of the show may say adios during this process. From previews, the mentors look awesome and the duets intense.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-21-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 3/20-21 The Voice 12: Battle Rounds

I've always questioned the need for coaches to choose team members only to sacrifice them in the battle rounds. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella View Post
    I've always questioned the need for coaches to choose team members only to sacrifice them in the battle rounds. JMHO.
    I think some of the ones they choose are fodder.

So far the only battle rounds I've really enjoyed have been Blake's, and I'm glad the other ones in the battle got stolen.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Can this show do what AI did and ban certain songs? I'm sick of "Titanium" and I love that song. Also, this is definitely not the first time we've heard "Walking on Sunshine," which really wasn't that great of a song to begin with. I mean, it was a fun one hit wonder back in the 80's, but it really doesn't deserve so much attention 30 years later.

I'm pretty sure Gwen has a painting of herself stored in an attic somewhere. She looks incredible! How are she and Celine so close in age? If Gwen's had work done, it's VERY good work. Aside from maybe some lip fillers (too lazy to go look for old pics of her), she really doesn't look that much different than she did back when No Doubt hit.

I literally have no favorites in the competition yet. I just want a non-country singer to win. If this season gets to clogged up with country singers, I'll stop watching, which seems to happen every season!
    KTinCT likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    ... I'm pretty sure Gwen has a painting of herself stored in an attic somewhere. She looks incredible! ...
    I see what you did there - exactly!
    In the beginning was the WORD. Without definition there was nothing. We define the words.

I actually prefer the country singers. I'm not a fan of R&B or the shouty stuff. I don't think it matters who wins anyway on this show.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

+ Reply to Thread