+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Unan1mous is an "unscripted drama?" *possible spoilers*

I think this show is going to finally come to a conclusion this week. Just by the looks of it.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler View Post
    They could plant actors but no way the whole group are actors. Unless Steve is really living in fantasy land where he thinks he could ever make a living as an actor. Look at him. Would you hire that guy?

Well, somebody did.
    What?! Am I still here?

FORT Fogey
    I agree with everyone. The very first episode screamed false. The minister and Jameson leaping to do battle over homosexuals immediately eliminating themselves from the money. If this were legit the first episodes should have been understandably boring because all would have been schmoozing for the vote. The argument was not scripted enough; it was poor improv and transparent.

I go with the notion that they are trying to punk the audience, Charlie9.

FORT Fogey
    well fox doesn't want to lose its credibility. oops what am i talking about? fox doesn't have any credibility

Tada
    Next week's episode the finale. Ending right in May sweeps. That screams scripted to me.

Premium Member
    After going back and forth about this, I think this is mostly scripted, and that there were 7 or 8 moles to start the game, my guess is that Steve and (much less likely) the soccer mom are the only ones who may think this is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Tada View Post
    Next week's episode the finale. Ending right in May sweeps. That screams scripted to me.
    But Survivor, Amazing Race, and American Idol are also ending in May. Are they scripted too?

At this point, I'm rooting for Vanessa. But that looks highly unlikely since she didn't get a single vote for the past 2 weeks.

On second thought, I hope they just run the clock down to zero.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    But Survivor, Amazing Race, and American Idol are also ending in May. Are they scripted too?
    I think the point here being that Unan1mous was supposed to be 9 people locked in a bunker with only one way out - a unanimous vote. So, unless it was finished filming long ago, how did the producers and tv guides know that it would end on the May 10th episode?

Although, I do find this description from the official website funny:
    ...nine strangers are locked in a bunker, where they’ll remain until they decide who is worthy of a 1.5-million-dollar cash prize.

There is a catch, though, because the longer it takes to make a unanimous decision, the less money there will be to win. If they take too long, they will be left with nothing.

The only thing standing between them and the money is a simple vote. If they are able to come to a unanimous decision about who should win the money, the game is over. If the outcome of the vote is not unanimous, the money clock is activated and the cash prize begins its countdown with potentially thousands of dollars lost every hour until the next voting period.
    Uh, so, even if the prize amount is $0, they still do not get to leave until there is a unanimous vote, right? Brutal, hehe.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    There is a flaw in your logic though. Survivor, American Idol, and Amazing Race are not open ended. They all have specific start and end points.

Unan1mous is supposed to be open ended. The premise being that the show could end at any point assuming they all reach an agreement.

I said to my wife during the first episode, "They can't reach an agreement tonight, because then there would be no show".

Wait a minute! I think it must be scripted! Otherwise, the game could end in two days, and the producers would hate that! MAybe they ip someone off to vote for someone else. Who knows.
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456