+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 3/22 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    The minister's name is Kelly.

This woman just screams of hypocriscy! She says "Money is the root of all evil" but here she is... filing bankruptcy when she has $100k.
    Holler!

She is a big mess.. She just came in to preach I guess?? I mean, what is her purpose here? oh well, whatever...
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

FORT Fogey
    Could well end up being a Tragedy of the Commons type of thing where no one gets it, one or more just lets the money run out for spite.

I wonder if they were specifically told that they couldn't split the money up? I would have made the offer of "Vote for me and I'll split it evenly with all of you." Of course the first response would be "Yeah right, once we vote you'll say screw you and renege" but then I'd suggest making a legal contract on the deal. You can make a deal on a napkin, so do it on videotape with a handshake between all participants, which would hold up in court. You would just have to be VERY clear that the deal is to split the money after taxes, otherwise the winner would be stuck with almost $700,000 in taxes while getting only 1/9th of $1.5 million to pay for those taxes!

Even MTVs Real World Road Rules Challenges made a stipulation about not being able to split the money, after they did some kind of deal on the first gauntlet (I remember because Coral was the only one who didn't make a deal, and she won the most)... but I remember on the next season there was something in one of the cast members online blogs mentioning they can't split money again.. and that's because the producers realized that made it very anti-climatic and if MTV is smart enough to pick up on that, I have confidence in the people at Fox to learn from their mistakes..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird View Post
    I thought I heard him say "your vote still counts" on the preview.
    Yeah, that's what I heard too....they don't get the $$ but they still get to vote....you always gotta have the Johnny Fairplays (testicular cancer guy)....I'm sorry....I may need that money desperately but 2 things I'd be afraid that the Lord would strike me dead for...lying about someone dying and having some type of disease when I don't....why mess with the Gods and say stuff like that??? And personally speaking...my now ex-husband had testicular cancer while I was pregnant with our son and while it is treatable if caught early...its still a hell I wouldn't want anyone to go thru.

Right now, I'm pulling for the truck driver and the poker player. I have a feeling soccer mom would get annoying after awhile.

Will this always come on after AI result show?

btw...JD Roth is host of Endurance on NBC on Saturday mornings (Survivor for kids basically)...I've always thought he was a cutie patootie!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey
    sorry but this show is lame

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott View Post
    This is kind of strange.

You ain't kiddin' This IS an experiment...NO clocks? NO sunlight?? NO idea what's going on around you? Weird!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I haven't decided if I like this show yet or not, but I'll give it one more shot.

Yeah...I'm not sure about this either.

Am I the only one that thinks it seems like the $$$$ ticks away too quickly when they say the pot drops every second they don't have a unanimous vote??
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I'm a little confused on when the clock starts ticking down. Is it constantly counting down and taking away money... or only at certain points?

I'm not liking this show, the ratings will be good because of AI and FOX will think they have hit on their hands, at least until next week. (shakes head)
    I guess I will watch at least a couple more weeks to see how it goes.

+ Reply to Thread